BREAKING: ISIS Releases YouTube Video Showing Execution of Missing American Journalist James Foley

Earlier today, a video was uploaded to YouTube called "A Message to #America (from the #IslamicState)" in which a man on his knees who is identified as "James Wright Foley" tells the camera that it is the United States' fault that he will die and is then executed.
Earlier today, a video was uploaded to YouTube called "A Message to #America (from the #IslamicState)" in which a man on his knees who is identified as "James Wright Foley" tells the camera that it is the United States' fault that he will die and is then executed.
article-foley-0102

In other awful news, Huffington Post is reporting that James Foley, the American journalist who went missing in Syria over year ago while covering the country's civil war, has been executed via beheading by the Islamic State (aka ISIS) and that ISIS is threatening to execute Steven Sotloff, another missing American journalist, next.

Earlier today, a video was uploaded to YouTube called "A Message to #America (from the #IslamicState)" (warning: graphic) in which a man on his knees who is identified as "James Wright Foley" tells the camera that it is the United States' fault that he will die (full transcript below) and is then executed.

There's not much to say right now. This is bad and it's only going to get worse.

Transcript:

[a video of Barack Obama explaining his airstrikes against ISIS in Iraq]

James Foley: I call on my friends, family, and loved ones to rise up against my real killers: the US government. For what will happen to me is only a result of their complacency and criminality. My message to my beloved parents: save me some dignity and don't accept any meager compensation for my death form the same people who effectively hit the last nail in my coffin with their recent aerial campaign in Iraq. I call on my brother John, who is a member of the US Air Force, think about what you are doing. Think about the lives you destroy, including those of your own family. I call on you John, think about who made the decision to bomb Iraq recently and kill those people, whoever they may have been. Think John, who did they really kill? Did they think about me, you, or our family when they made that decision? I died that day, John. When your colleagues dropped that bomb on those people, they signed my death certificate. I wish I had more time. I wish I could have the hope of freedom and seeing my family once again, but that ship has sailed. I guess all in all, I wish I wasn't American.

Hooded Executioner:This is James Wright Foley, an American citizen of your country. As a government, you have been at the forefront of aggression towards the Islamic State. You have plotted against us and gone out of you way to find reasons to interfere in our affairs. Today, your military air force is attacking us daily in Iraq. Your strikes have caused casualties against Muslims. You are no longer fighting an insurgency; we are an Islamic Army and a state that has been accepted by a large number of mUslims worldwide, so effectively, any aggression towards the Islamic State is an aggression towards Muslims from all walks of life who have accepted Islamic Caliphate as their leadership. So any attempt by you, Obama, to deny the Muslims their right of living in safety under the Islamic Caliphate will result in the bloodshed of your people

[Foley is then executed and seen beheaded on the ground]

[A man on his knees who is reportedly identified as Steven Sotloff is then seen]

Hooded Executioner: "The life of this American citizen, Obama, depends on your next decision"

Also, a quick reminder that the Islamic State, while having a very broad sounding name, do not represent all Muslims and are actually an extremely radical group of rebel Sunnis.