"Border Crisis" Solved: Deported Central American Children Are Being Murdered

The Central American children that we've been deporting are being murdered when they return home. President Obama should stop these deportations until every child has a lawyer and a fair hearing, and if it takes a long time, too fucking bad.
The Central American children that we've been deporting are being murdered when they return home. President Obama should stop these deportations until every child has a lawyer and a fair hearing, and if it takes a long time, too fucking bad.
immbus

For all of the conservatives who hollered at little kids on buses and demanded soldiers be deployed to scare away said children and basically flipped shit over the invading hordes of adorable children fleeing murder and violence in Central America, have we got some good news for you. Since there's obviously no way to turn off the Oba-magnet that is America's reputation for decency and humanity, Central American murderers are doing their part to protect our homeland. Instead of taking post-schvitz naps in an eleventy-bazillion-dollar luxury Hotel Caligula in Texas, a whole mess of these little lawbreakers will be napping in the dirt of the place they came here from, according to the Los Angeles Times:

"There are many youngsters who only three days after they've been deported are killed, shot by a firearm," said Hector Hernandez, who runs the morgue in San Pedro Sula. "They return just to die."

At least five, perhaps as many as 10, of the 42 children slain here since February had been recently deported from the U.S., Hernandez said.

Let's see them try and find a path to citizenship out of this, am I right?

In case you've forgotten, there was this huge crisis a couple of months back that dominated headlines for weeks. Unaccompanied children from Central America were flooding across our borders in numbers that rivaled a twi-night doubleheader crowd at Wrigley Field, the only solution to which was to send in the National Guard, and "treat them all like Mexicans," according to Republicans. They offered one-sixth of the funding that President Obama requested to deal with the children in a humane and fair way, in exchange for the right to grease up the chute back to Murderland.

The President, meanwhile, has promised a slate of executive actions on immigration by the end of the summer, and spent several hours conferring with White House counsel this week when he interrupted his vacation to return to the White House. The big speculation around this is the possibility that the President might expand deferred action tomillions more undocumented immigrants, but given this entirely predictable turn, he should also use prosecutorial discretion to end these deportations until each and every one of these kids gets a lawyer, and a fair immigration hearing (children without representation are five times more likely to be deported).

There are tens of thousands of these kids looking to us for protection, which is a lot of foil blankets and bedrolls to cram into a Border Patrol facility, but is a tiny number to absorb into this great, big, great-big-hearted country. When these kids got here, some of us shouted "Go home!" Now that we can all clearly see where it is we're sending them, it is time for the rest of us to say, "This is your home. Welcome."

(h/t Wonkette)