Ann Coulter Slams Ebola-Infected Doctor For "Narcissism" Because That's What Jesus Would Do

Ann Coulter is a proud Christian, and given her latest comments about Ebola doctor Kent Brantly, it's only fair to ask if she's actually more Christian than Jesus.
Ann Coulter is a proud Christian, and given her latest comments about Ebola doctor Kent Brantly, it's only fair to ask if she's actually more Christian than Jesus.
CoulterVsJesus

Ann Coulter has been on quite a roll lately. First she mocked the twitter hashtag raising awareness for the kidnapped Nigerian girls; then she trolled American soccer fans; next she trashed a teenage Honduran immigrant on twitter.

Now, she's taking aim at someone you'd think is beyond reproach: Dr. Kent Brantly -- the Ebola-infected American doctor who was helping people in Liberia afflicted by the virus. Her latest column begins, "I wonder how the Ebola doctor feels now that his humanitarian trip has cost a Christian charity much more than any services he rendered," and ends, "There may be no reason for panic about the Ebola doctor, but there is reason for annoyance at Christian narcissism."

You can imagine what happens in between. But Coulter's column got me thinking how her Christ cred stacks up against well, Christ. Here's a blow-by-blow comparison so you can judge for yourself.

On poor people:

Jesus: And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God. - Luke, 6:20

Coulter: No, shaming is good. It’s almost a cruel and insensitive thing for the upper classes, the educated, the college graduates, to refuse to tell poor people "keep your knees together before you get married."

On healing the sick:

Jesus: And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. - Matthew, 9:35

Coulter: If Dr. Brantly had practiced at Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles and turned one single Hollywood power-broker to Christ, he would have done more good for the entire world than anything he could accomplish in a century spent in Liberia.

On giving:

Jesus: Give to everyone who begs from you, and from one who takes away your goods do not demand them back. - Luke 6:30

Coulter: Welfare will create generations of utterly irresponsible animals.

On perfection:

Jesus: Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. - Matthew, 19:21

Coulter: We just want Jews to be perfected, as they say... That is what Christians consider themselves: perfected Jews. - Fox News, October 11, 2007

On punishment:

Jesus: So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. - John 8:7

Coulter: I have to say I'm all for public flogging. - MSNBC, March 22, 1997

On enemies:

Jesus: But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you. - Matthew, 5:44

Coulter: We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity.

On their worldviews:

Jesus: Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. - Revelation, 3:20

Coulter: I'm a Christian first, and a mean-spirited, bigoted conservative second, and don't you ever forget it.