The Opie and Anthony Show Is Gone, and Only Anthony Cumia’s Racism Is To Blame

Now Updated at Bottom

For the details of what led to the firing of Anthony Cumia by SiriusXM, go here.

Back when Opie and Anthony were on WNEW in New York City, probably around 2002, they did a bit involving one of their long-suffering producers that was so shockingly offensive that you couldn’t help but laugh at it. You laughed not always because it was funny — maybe more because you couldn’t believe they were somehow getting away with it.

In the bit, O&A turned their show over to producer “Black Earl” Douglas, who was pitching his own “black rock radio” show on WNEW and needed to make a demo reel for it. What followed for the next 30 minutes was poor Earl being relentlessly mocked by both the hosts (who took over “producing” duties and constantly interrupted Earl with clips of racially charged lines and insults from Blazing Saddles, Caddyshack and Hardcore) and the callers Earl had misguidedly chosen to solicit (one of whom asked Earl whether he planned to steal anything from the studio before he left). It was crass, brutal, and juvenile — and it was also damn funny. As Earl said several times during the bit, as his attempts at making a serious demo tape were frustrated again and again by the hosts’ antics, there was nothing personal about the attacks — it was merely his turn “in the barrel.” The show held no sacred cows and made a contact sport of ridiculing everything and everyone; why should Earl be any different? Besides, everything Opie and Anthony did, no matter how seemingly awful, was with one goal in mind: making people laugh.

The Opie and Anthony Show‘s philosophy has always been rooted in the comic sensibilities of the Northeast. Listen on any given day and a parade of high-powered comedians come through, all of whom expect to have their balls busted in one way or another and to be afford the opportunity to bust everybody else’s balls with impunity. No topics are off-limits and nobody can ever count on being treated with kid gloves. While they may have access to hundreds of thousands of people through a satellite transmission, Gregg “Opie” Hughes and Anthony Cumia, along with Jim Norton, treat their show like it’s an intimate Friar’s Club roast: you know what you’re getting when you walk through the doors and you’d better be ready for it. Abandon all hope, ye who enter here. If you’re easily offended, get out quickly. For everyone else, you’ll be accepted based on how well you can take a beating and then turn around and hand one out. If you survive your time “in the barrel,” you earn the respect of everyone on the show — hosts, regulars, and listeners alike. Show weakness and you’re toast.

Here’s the thing, though: when the intent of that willingness to offend and be transgressive is to get laughs, you can make a good argument that almost anything should be on the table and very few boundaries should be drawn, since the goal of great comedy is often to push the envelope and upset the established order. But late Tuesday night, Anthony Cumia’s long-standing flirtation with racist rhetoric and tendencies, which had in the past been the butt of jokes both coming from him and aimed in his direction — the late comic Patrice O’Neal, who was a friend of the O&A show and a staunch defender of it, joked that Ant’s retrograde racial views were endearing — boiled over into outright, indefensible hostility. There was no benign intent in Anthony’s vicious, corrosive Twitter tirade. He wasn’t trying to get a laugh. He was enraged, not only at the black woman who he claimed had attacked him without provocation on a New York City street, but at what he believed — what he believes — the violence says about a vast swath of black people in general.

Screen Shot 2014-07-05 at 10.25.07 AM
Screen Shot 2014-07-09 at 8.59.12 AM
Screen Shot 2014-07-09 at 8.59.37 AM

Make no mistake here: If what Anthony says is true and he was physically assaulted for no greater offense than snapping a picture of a woman who happened to walk into the frame, then his initial unrestrained online fury at his attacker may have been understandable. Sure, he was startlingly profane and used language overall that many would call misogynist, but had his anger been directed at no one other than the person supposedly responsible for sucker punching him, it’s doubtful anyone would have called for his head. The assault probably would’ve been a bigger deal than his response to it. But Ant didn’t stop at verbally bashing one person; he used the attack on him as an excuse to indict an entire race of people and as proof that what he’s apparently thought about African-Americans for years is true. He called them savages; called them animals; said “they’re not human.” And when he did that, he left himself no place to hide and no way to claim that he was just kidding around. His racism was blatant, ugly, and despicable. Whether you think SiriusXM should have fired him, as it did on Thursday night, the fact is he left them absolutely no choice. Yes, his comments really were that inexcusable.

Anyone who’s listened to Opie and Anthony for a long time, as I have, could imagine that there might eventually come a day when Ant would do something to get himself kicked off-air. He’s always been a reactionary asshole, but just within the past couple of years it feels like something has changed — like his beliefs and behavior both on-air and off have become more caustic and not as easy to chalk up to amusing misanthropy. He’s entitled to his views, as are we all, but particularly on Twitter he’s become an unstoppable geyser of paranoid resentment and bigoted, hyper-conservative antagonism — and it’s infected his performance on the show as well. I don’t have to agree with your politics to think you’re brilliantly funny — and Ant is absolutely hilarious — but when you begin abandoning humor in favor of regularly raging against whatever bizarre injustices you believe are being committed against wealthy, heavily armed white people like yourself, it becomes exhausting.

The crew of the O&A show often talk about serious topics, and there isn’t a thing wrong with that, but recently when that happened Anthony could exclusively be counted on to stake out the insufferable angry-white-guy position. It used to be that he’d exaggerate already exaggerated stereotypes — as the show did constantly, often even self-deprecatingly — for the purpose of humor. But more and more lately, the humor fell by the wayside and what was revealed appeared to be the very sincere white supremacist beliefs at Anthony’s center. It became such a regular feature of the show that last year comedian Bill Burr called Ant out on it during an on-air appearance.

As news of Anthony’s firing has spread, fans of his have come forward in droves on Twitter to announce that they’re canceling their SiriusXM subscriptions. While no one’s sure exactly what’s going to happen to the show — whether Opie and Jimmy will somehow continue on without Ant — there’s little doubt it can ever be what it once was after this. Say what you will about Anthony Cumia, but for 20 years he’s been an indispensable half of the marquee; it simply can’t be the same show without him. Maybe the fact that George Zimmerman’s brother, Robert, is one of those commenting on SiriusXM’s decision to fire Anthony and offering him support will make it clear, though, just how stridently Ant’s politics had become a feature of his on-air personality. He didn’t simply defend the actions of George Zimmerman, calling his shooting of Trayvon Martin justified, but when the verdict came down acquitting him, he reveled in the way that it devastated and outraged many in the black community. It may have been that point where I made the decision to start listening less and less, and I’m sure I’m not the only one. Still, there are enough die-hard O&A fans that they’re now promising a boycott of SiriusXM and are writing about this supposed injustice under the hashtag #IStandWithAnthony.

But this wasn’t an injustice. Anthony dug his own hole on this one and pulled the dirt in on top of himself in big, heaping handfuls. This wasn’t political correctness run amok. What Ant said was fucking contemptible and while he’s entitled to say it, SiriusXM isn’t legally obligated to put up with it. This isn’t a First Amendment issue, regardless of what the amateur constitutionalists among the O&A crowd think. What Anthony did was not only stupid and hateful, it was selfish, because despite his rage at the time and the hubris he’d accumulated from years of basically being unkillable in radio, he had to understand there was a chance that his tirade might cost not only his job but the jobs of his partner for 20 years and everyone else associated with the show — including people like producers Sam Roberts and Erock, who can’t afford to be unemployed as Opie and Anthony probably can. In Anthony’s mind, it was more important to personally vent his outrage against black people on Twitter than to concern himself with the potential consequences for his friends and co-workers. Oh yeah, and for his fans — the people who enjoy the show and who don’t want to see it go away.

While Ant has repeatedly claimed to be defiant and without regret when it comes to this whole thing, he just deleted almost every one of his tweets prior to this weekend — not just the ones that got him fired, all of them. (On July 4th, however, he posted a pic of himself with both a black friend, Carlton, and trans porn star Bailey Jay; on YouTube he posted a clip of himself singing Ebony and Ivory with Carlton.) This could be because he doesn’t want online news outlets suddenly going back through his timeline looking for more proof of his racism or it could be an attempt to reset everything — a futile wish for the ability to erase the recent past. Either way, the damage is already done. Ironically, Anthony probably has a future ahead of him in conservative radio if he wants it, which is the direction it seemed like he was heading anyway. But for somebody who spent years listening to him and his on-air partner and who enjoyed their gleeful but harmless offensiveness in the name of making people like me laugh, it’s just fucking sad that this is how it all ends. No matter what happens next, the Opie and Anthony Show is gone. And for that there’s nobody to blame but Ant.

Update 7.7.14 It looks like some form of the show will go on. This afternoon Opie tweeted this:

Screen Shot 2014-07-07 at 1.10.52 PM

Update: 7.9.14 Jimmy Norton is standing firmly in Anthony’s corner, expressing love and loyalty to him, but the fact that he and Opie are forced now to try to move on without him is apparently not going over well with the die-hards.

  • Christopher Todd

    “I know your race. It is made up of sheep. It is governed by minorities, seldom or never by majorities. It suppresses its feelings and its beliefs and follows the handful that makes the most noise.” — Mark Twain, The Mysterious Stranger

  • cruella

    Cumia looks ethnic him damn self. Must be overcompensating for something he hates about himself. LOL at the wannabe Stern….when keeping it real goes wrong and you get fired….Bwahahaha

  • closecall

    Bill Burr has a sheboon for a wife, just saying..

  • Charles

    Boycott the sponsors.

  • Pinkerbelle Merrick

    Here’s another racist on SiriusXM… How come none of you SJWs want him fired?

  • Dave

    oddly,everyone sits on these lil chats and talks about how anthony had these thoughts,how anthony said this or that? wtf? since when have we become so weak as people that we are actually hurt by a word,who gives a fuck? “sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me” I grew up in a generation that believed in that…now? all a bunch of “metro-sexual” weaklings who couldnt care less about anyone but themselves,and who are hurt and offended so easily…weakness is weakness…and sorry to say,but there is a “hate white” movement that even white people endorse,weakness comes in many forms,and sadly,the American people have become so PC and ready to be offended…for any reason…fuck you pussies!…The driving force behind the O&A show was Anthony,Opie isnt funny,Jimmy is a “sidekick” at best,too liberal to be funny really,and I will hope to hear Anthony soon on his own show.

    • cruella

      Everyone’s different.

  • Glenwood 107

    This show was obviously for racist creeps to feel a little less weird about their shit thinking. Typical white guy on prozak lashing out.

    • cruella

      Is this guy really racist or is this shtick?

  • ResCogitans

    Cumia abused his white privilege, big time. What happened is he backed down and now he hates himself for doing it.

  • Doctor Arik Soong

    only Liberals can take a black hate Crime and still find a way to punish the white male for his hate SPEECH. What lesson do we learn from liberal this time? If you’re a black female you can act like a violent animal and if you are a white male you’re you are going to held to a higher standard, because you should “KNOW BETTER”. how racist is that? for BOTH sides!

    • Anthony P. James

      First we don’t know both sides of the story, we only know what Anthony chose to share.
      Second there wasn’t a great outcry for him to be fired because it happened on a slow news week.

      Sirius made the decision to let him go based on the tweets he posted and the negative publicity they generated.

    • cruella

      Doctor, doctor…get your head examined. It (whatever it is because we still don’t really know) was not a “hate crime”. We don’t know how the woman involved acted. Stop believing everything your master spews. At least admit there’s two sides, sometimes three, to every story. You like Cumia because you two like using buzz words to get your kind of people going.

  • Anthony P. James

    Sirius was right for firing him. The tweets were racist and and hateful and they generated negative publicity that Sirius doesn’t need right now.

    • bloodsnow666

      Where can you find proof of the tweets being racist. He never mentioned race until he said black neighborhoods ate overrun with violence, which happens to be a true fact. It is not racist to state actual statistics.

      • Anthony P. James

        Yes he did. I would tell you to go reread them but he took them all of them down. You are lying to yourself if you honestly think that the tweets were not racist. Also what do you think the was the word that Anthony censored? In one of the early tweets he said that he called her a “@#??!! $” and she hit him some more. So what was it that he called her? Keep in mind that he calls people nigger for cutting him off while he’s driving.

        • bloodsnow666

          Anthonyhimself didn’t censor the word. All of the curse words were blurred. He called her a c*nt. He never said ni**er. Face palmed again.

          • Anthony P. James

            Doubt it because he used it uncensored in his later tweets. Also black women are not easily offended by the word cunt.

          • jackie freitas

            Most women,unfortunately,are “offended” by the word cunt. Black women will knock your fucking head off if you call them one.They are not easily offended by “bitch”

          • Anthony P. James

            Also who are “They” in his “They aren’t people” tweet? I get that you are upset that he got fired but stop trying to justify what he said. If he got on twitter and said some cunt hit him because he took a picture of her he would be on the radio today. He took it racial and it cost him his job.

          • jackie freitas

            He said “they” referring to that specific kind of black people.The ones that he is so fed up with.And who isn’t? Can one person commenting here say they think those thug,ghetto,gang members that are ruining communities for decent black people and shoot each other over wearing the wrong color or because somebodies on their corner,are just great people and should just continue with what they’re doing?? WTF?? THAT’S who Anthony is talking about. If you’re a decent,respectable,responsible black person Anthony has no problems with them at all. He LOVES when black people call in that can carry on an intelligent conversation,have a job and contribute to society as opposed to killing and robbing society because they’re mad at whitey or they just don’t give a fuck. NO ONE would disagree on Anthony’s disgust and unsympathetic attitude towards these animals. How could you??

          • Anthony P. James

            Look I get it you’re a super fan and you stand with Anthony. He censored his tweet by using punctuation marks in quotes to represent the word that he called the woman. To save you the trouble of looking for the tweet, because Ant mysteriously deleted all of them, I quote Ant for you. ” So, I’m taking pix in NYC & a black girl who was in the frame punched me in the face. I called her a fucking “&$;;-:” cause that’s what she WAS!” ~ Anthony Cumia.

            So what could that six letter word be Blood? Cunt has 4 letters, bitch and whore have 5. Hmmmm what word could he be using to describe a black person that pissed him off and has six letters oh I know, the word that he loves NIGGER.

            I’m not coming from the point of a casual listener. I have listened to the show since the 90’s and I’m a fan. Anthony’s rants have become increasingly difficult to listen to because of how racist and paranoid they have become. It was getting so bad that Opie, Jimmy, Sam, and even Bill Burr have been trying to talk to him about it on the air on several shows. It was only a matter of time before it came back to harm the show in today’s world of political correctness.

        • jackie freitas

          Ant does love the word nigger,but so do a LOT of people. Me included.BUT,I can honestly say there is no way in hell he would call some black woman he doesn’t even know,a nigger. Not to her face anyway. He just wouldn’t. Even if she is acting like one

    • jackie freitas

      I don’t think they were racist in the general sense.And I don’t know what hateful really means in this situation. Because she came at him unnecessarily aggressive and with violence,he was pissed,upset and probably a little scared since there was a bunch of black dudes around.Because you never fucking know what they might do.So,of course,he called her a cunt and so on. And because she was acting like a nigger I’m sure he called her that,not to her face,but at some time that night. I would have too. A LOT of people would,or for sure think it. And by nigger,I’m not referring to all blacks or most blacks.The blacks that black people can’t even stand,the ones that have no manners,class,compassion,logic,restraint or decency are niggers. I’ve told more whites than blacks to ‘quit acting like a nigger’. It’s what you call anyone that is acting stupid,irresponsible,low class and without manners. Everyone knows a nigger when they see one,and they are repulsive to most people. Whites have a WAY bigger problem with the word then blacks do.Which is so ridiculous and immature. And, I think,racist

      • Jezzer

        I call bullshit on your rationalization of the use of the word. I guarantee you’ve never called a white person a “nigger” in your entire fucking life.

        • jackie freitas

          You “guarantee?” Do ya?? What a moron. It’s BLACKS I don’t call nigger. If I see either on tv or in real life,blacks with gold teeth,pants saggin,yelling a bunch of unintelligible shit and causing a ruckus,I roll my eyes and think,stupid niggers. I have told MANY white people/friends to stop acting like a nigger.I have a white English Shepard named nigger.So go fuck yourself.Nigger

          • Jezzer

            You have a lot of rage in you. I think it’s because you worship an unfunny, racist hack who looks like a Gila monster.

          • jackie freitas

            Awww…you have a lot of jealousy in you,sweetcheeks! You forgot to mention his huge cock,there’s that you can hate on too. And he isn’t even black. Go figure…..

          • Jezzer

            You’re right, he is a huge cock. Thanks for reminding me!

          • jackie freitas

            Oh wow…this is just embarrassing,unfunny,unclever and so second grade. C’mon babe,you can do better. It’s not that hard to be a cunt,keep trying

          • jackie freitas

            You have replied to about 10 of my posts.Me thinks you have a crush on me. And on Anthony. It’s 2014 son,it’s ok

  • Pinkerbelle Merrick

    He didn’t say anything racist. The only racists in this are those who see the words “savage” and “animal” and automatically equate that with “black”. She was a savage and an animal because she physically assaulted him. She just happened to also be black.

    • TheHowitzer9 .

      Except he wasn’t assaulted.

      • Pale Pen15

        Being punched in the face is assault.

        • 624LC .

          So he claims. Don’t you teenagers have any summer jobs or summer school to focus on?

          • jackie freitas

            We’re focusing on the same thing you are,dipshit. Don’t you GET that??

          • 624LC .

            I get that that he alleges something happened and that gives him a right to go on a sustained racist rant. And that assholes like you need to defend that. I get it, dipshit.

          • jackie freitas

            Ummm…I was referring to the comment you made,in a patronizing tone,suggesting people should have something better to “focus on”. Obviously YOU don’t have anything else to “focus on” so who the fuck are you to make such an idiotic comment?? It’s a pretty stupid comment,considering.

          • 624LC .

            I am not the one getting worked up by some overgrown child losing his job because he doesn’t know how to keep his racist thoughts to himself. Obviously you have nothing better to do than bitch about this. And having read your pile of shit rationalization below about this makes the point even clearer that it was time for him to go. Enjoy his podcast…

          • jackie freitas

            Hahaahahahaha…hahahaahahaha! Really??! WHAT are YOU doing?? I can’t believe you missed the point the first time. Now were on,what round THREE??? Good lord….have to laugh or I’ll cry. God bless America…ha!

          • 624LC .

            Maybe I missed your point because I don’t speak Stupid. Look have your last word, as I know you idiots losing arguments like to do, and take care. I hope that you continue to enjoy this moron’s show in whatever format it is in.

          • jackie freitas

            There you go. Right to name calling,self righteousness and angry condescension. I WILL enjoy this extremely intelligent,hilarious.witty man’s broadcast,thank you. I have for 11 years. You should listen sometime. Get to actually know the man you so carelessly and hypocritically talk shit about. Ah,my peach pie is done.Have a great day,sir.

        • http://www.facebook.com/people/Mischa-Pierce/52204815 Mischa Pierce

          Except he wasn’t punched in the face. So, no assault. Absolutely no evidence he was ever touched.

          • jackie freitas

            Anthony has absolutely no reason to lie. If she didn’t lash out at him,NONE of this would be happening. What would he do,tweet about some nice,respectable black woman that he ran into? What would be his purpose in making up some story? Anthony is well known for his honesty and inability to be phony. Which is why he’s in this mess.He’s pretty much a homebody that hates confrontation and ugly,messy,hysterical scenes. He is the last person that would want any of this.

        • Protoguy

          Actually, that’s Battery. Assault is when you threaten or abuse someone verbally. Nice try though.

        • TheHowitzer9 .

          Would be *IF IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED*. But there is absolutely no evidence such a thing did happen and we have no reason to believe Anthony. He was taking creepshots of random women, took no pictures or video of the alleged incident (despite having a camera and taking pictures of the woman’s face up close, showing he wasn’t taking pictures of random buildings), there are no witnesses of this alleged event (despite being in an extremely crowded area), and he took no pictures at home of his alleged injuries. Did he have no access to anything to take a picture of his supposed injuries?

      • jackie freitas

        Anthony has absolutely no reason to lie. If she didn’t lash out at
        him,NONE of this would be happening. What would he do,tweet about some
        nice,respectable black woman that he ran into? What would be his purpose
        in making up some story? Anthony is well known for his honesty and
        inability to be phony. Which is why he’s in this mess.He’s pretty much a
        homebody that hates confrontation and ugly,messy,hysterical scenes. He
        is the last person that would want this

        • http://www.facebook.com/people/Mischa-Pierce/52204815 Mischa Pierce

          Yeah he does. He was taking creepshots (there are no pictures of buildings, just close-ups of alluringly-clad women and several closeups of the woman in question) and got caught by that last woman. So he tries to save face by making up this bulls**t story. Accordingly it coincides with being near the end of his contract that he wants to get out of to have his own podcast free of Sirius. And this is a guy who is KNOWN to arrange public stunts and do jacka** stuff.

          “Anthony is well known for his honesty”

          We’re talking about the guy who has been fired before for his public stunts? You lost any credibility you thought you had.

          “hates confrontation and ugly,messy,hysterical scenes. He is the last person that would want this”

          Yet he’s a shock jock whose entire career THRIVES off this kind of stuff. Do you expect me to be as brainwashed as you?

          • jackie freitas

            You sound like all the other hysterical,ignorant sheep that know nothing about him. It’s embarrassing. There are a bunch of pics of just New York.Two of women. Well,one of a woman. That ghetto hooker doesn’t count. What does being fired for their stunts have to do with Anthonys honesty?? I don’t get the correlation. Years ago they might have thrived off their bits,but if you knew anything about the show at all, you’d know they are nothing like that anymore. Especially Anthony. Do some homework before you post your uninformed,hate speech

          • Pinkerbelle Merrick

            There’s 2 whole pictures out of about 30 that have females in them.. one of the pictures of females is the savage animal that called him a racial slur, then proceeded to beat him..

            He was using a Canon Mark III DSLR with an 8-inch lens.. it’s bigger than your head.. you can’t take “creep shots” with it.. it’s not a camera phone you can use for upskirts..

            You have once again proven that you’re just another slack-jawed moron who isn’t aware of a single fact in the story.. You saw “white racist celebrity” in the headline and immediately jumped on the hatred bandwagon like the empty-headed sheep that haven’t even listened to a single minute of the O&A show…

            If a single one of you idiots had even listened to the show, you’d be bringing up the thousands of times Ant has said FAR WORSE on the air than the bullshit he posted on Twitter…

        • TheHowitzer9 .

          Of course Ant has reason to lie – he was taking creepshots of random women and he got caught, so now he tries to make himself out to be the victim in order to garner sympathy. That or this is yet another one of his infamous public pranks that went awry and now he’s trying to make himself out to be the victim.

          “Anthony is well known for his honesty”

          This about a man who PRANKS people (engages in trolling, a type of dishonesty) for a living.

          “He’s pretty much ahomebody that hates confrontation”

          Yet his career has been built off of going out and starting confrontations by performing elaborate public pranks. Your dishonesty for Ant would be easier to do if his history weren’t public record.

          • jackie freitas

            You’re obviously spouting some shit you read somewhere and know nothing about him. What he did when he was in his early thirties is totally different then what he does in his mid fifties. He might have done “pranks” when he was younger,but it was for pure comedy value and not to be “confrontational.” I have listened to him 5 days a week,4 hours a day for 11 years. I have spent more time listening to him then I have most family and friends. Sorry buddy,your comments are uninformed and obviously all you know of him you read in “public records”

          • TheHowitzer9 .

            I can’t say that I’m a fan or that I listen to him daily, but I do listen to him occasionally. It’s not something I’m just reading about him. He may have mellowed out some (BTW, most of those pranks were not THAT long ago, they happened in the 2000s). His mindset has not really changed other than he’s become less of a troll and more of a bitter old man who sometimes lets his inner misogynist and racist jerk out. Something even Opie gets him on him about, along with Bill Burr, Louis CK and Patrice O’Neal when he was alive. Want me to link you to examples of the latter people confronting Ant about his bigotry?

          • jackie freitas

            Why would I need you to link me anything? Did you read where I said I’ve been listening daily for 11 years? You said Anthony was taking “creep shots” I said he wasn’t and he has no reason to lie about it. I don’t think he’s misogynistic or racist. It doesn’t matter what Burr,O’Neal or Louis thinks,that has nothing to do with me. Anthony doesn’t have anything “inner” that he sometimes lets out. He lets out everything,all the time. He doesn’t try to hide anything. Which just proves my point that you don’t seem to know much about him.

          • TheHowitzer9 .

            “I said he wasn’t”

            What you say does not matter. His own account SHOWS he was taking creep shots. Are you that dense that you don’t get that being a fan does not make your word and opinion law on Anthony? What you saw does no matter when it BLATANTLY CONTRADICTS PROVABLE FACTS. His own Twitter account showed pictures of women he took and she was the last one.

            “and he has no reason to lie”

            If you’re taking creep-shots you’ve got pretty damn good reason to lie since you could possibly be arrested or sued for doing such a thing. Your statement is akin to saying a person has no reason to lie about trespassing.

            “It doesn’t matter what Burr,O’Neal or Louis thinks”

            It indeed does matter because it proves my point that Anthony does indeed have issues when it comes to race.

            “Anthony doesn’t have anything “inner” that he sometimes lets out.”

            You are not Anthony Cumia. You do not know what goes on in the man’s mind. Are you that disconnected from reality that you think listening to him means you know him personally or that you’re inside of his head to know what the man thinks? Anthony is usually fairly open about his thoughts, but some of his nastier thoughts about minorities doesn’t come out on the show like it did in that Twitter rant. He’s never said anything in the history of the show, that I’m aware of, comparable to what he said on Twitter.

            And your defense of Anthony is that he’s openly racist on his show, therefore he’s incapable of lying? Seriously?

          • jackie freitas

            I know what goes on in his mind because I use to fu*k him. I was never commenting about race or racism or if Ant is a racist. This whole stupid conversation is about you saying he was taking :”creep shots” whatever the hell that is. He wasn’t. You’re just a bitter,jealous pervert. Now go jerk it to an Anthony Cumia photo,you know he makes you hard.

          • TheHowitzer9 .

            Hmm…well that escalated quickly. You certainly act like you used to screw him or something.

            “He wasn’t”

            Then what do you call all these women he has pictures of on his Twitter account? That’s all he had pictures of that day. No pictures of buildings like he lied and claimed he was taking. You can keep screaming “No he wasn’t!” all you want, but the pictures don’t lie. Evidence debunks you. There is no physical evidence or any evidence of any sort that confirms Ant’s story and there is no reason why there shouldn’t be if he’s telling the truth. He could have easily taken pictures of his injuries, the woman and men who supposedly attacked him, he could have filed a police report, etc.

            “bitter, jealous pervert”

            Jealous of what? A now-unemployed racist? What’s there to be jealous of? And how am I a pervert? Ant took the creepshots, not me. I know you’re upset that I’m taking your boyfriend to task, but he really brought this on himself.

            Then you break down into an angry sexual fantasy about me and Anthony….you’ve got issues.

          • jackie freitas

            It was two pics of women. Or one was a woman,can’t say the same for the black transvestite hooker. The rest were buildings and Times Square. Don’t know what you were looking at,but it wasn’t anything Anthony was doing. He didn’t have “injuries” and he never said that he did. Everytime you comment it’s obvious you have no idea what you’re talking about because you’re always wrong and uninformed. Just ridiculous.

          • TheHowitzer9 .

            Ah, so now you’re slowly admitting he was taking creepshots. That’s good, slowly coming to terms with reality. Keep it up and you’ll eventually get the clear picture.

            “He didn’t have “injuries” and he never said that he did”

            1) Listen to yourself. He claimed he was “BELTED” 10 times. Yet he has no injuries? Is that AT ALL believable? Let’s pretend you’re intelligent for a minute and use something called “Logic”.

            2) He certainly tries to imply that what happened harmed him physically:

            http://www.mediaite.com/tv/radio-host-anthony-cumias-shocking-racial-rant-after-black-woman-allegedly-punched-him/
            “And,btw,he’s making more money now then he was at Sirius”

            Source please?

            “You’re just hating for hates sake”

            Why would I? What is my motive to hate on Ant for “hate’s sake”? What’s he to me?

          • jackie freitas

            Oh honey,what rock did you crawl out from under? Good lord,you’re still obsessing on this irrelevant,boring drival?? Let it go….take up a pilates class,go to a poetry reading. The world awaits you….

          • TheHowitzer9 .

            You’re the one who got upset and took to personally insulting me when I criticized your media darling Ant. You’re also the one who took to making up lies and ad hominems.

          • jackie freitas

            Of course I was upset,you were slandering someone you don’t know even one tiny bit. But,that was light years ago,captain. My darling Anthony is better and stronger then ever. Great new show, great same Ant.
            I’ve moved WAY on. You should too. Don’t let envy and hatred define who you are. It’s very unhealthy and
            you won’t get much pussy with an attitude like that.

      • Pinkerbelle Merrick

        Yeah, he was…
        She punched him in the face, calling him a “white motherf*cker”, then she proceeded to hit him 5 more times…

        He was physically assaulted…

        He didn’t fight back, or draw his holstered, legally conceal-carried weapon…

        Instead, he vented his frustration on Twitter..

        • http://www.facebook.com/people/Mischa-Pierce/52204815 Mischa Pierce

          Hm, where are the witnesses? Where is the physical evidence? Where is the police report? This happened in one of the most crowded areas of New York City in an area where there are police every block or so. Oh, none of that? So, there’s no evidence it friggin’ happened?

          • Pinkerbelle Merrick

            You’re a fucking moron.

            Did you not watch the video or see Red Eye last night?

            You people are worse than what you accuse Anthony of being..

            I will laugh my ass off the day one of you gets fired due to the idiotic retarded postings of some wethead on facebook who isn’t even aware that dinosaurs are extinct…

            “OMG! Steven Spielberg is such a cruel man for shooting that Triceratops!!!!!” <– That's what you fucktards sound like..

        • TheHowitzer9 .

          Except there is absolutely no physical evidence, no eyewitnesses (unlikely since that area of NYC is VERY crowded), no police reports (and he was half a block from the nearest police station). There’s about as much evidence that Anthony is telling the truth that aliens from Mars have visited Earth.

    • ResCogitans

      Did you read this? “They aren’t people” — Anthony Cumia. Did you read any of the article, asshole? Stand with the jackass, that’s you’re right. But don’t blow smoke up our asses.

      • bloodsnow666

        He never said black’s aren’t people. He was speaking of the woman and the group who acted like animals. He never said “black people are all animals.” He said his attackers were animals. These beasts happened to be black and people like you say it’s racist. The only racists in this situation were his attackers and race baiters like you.

        • Anthony P. James

          Blood do you even listen to the show? Look up coke logic’s bowling for behave video on youtube and then tell me that he was only talking about the 6 people from that night.

          • bloodsnow666

            I listen faithfully everyday. Ant wouldn’t be stupid enough to say nigger on twitter. He’s well aware that the liberal Mafia would hunt him down if he posted that word. He may be a bit racist, but he is a smart guy and he wouldn’t be that stupid to say the actual words whether he meant them or not. The point is there is no actual evidence he meant black people with words like cunt, rot bung, stinky twat and animal beast savages. If nobody saw the pic of the black woman would you really know he meant black when he used those words? Especially the band wagon jumpers that don’t even listen to O and A that only know about this because of the snitch bitch twat guy from gawker. His listeners and twitter followers sure as shit didn’t rat him out. What about jamie foxx? Shouldn’t he get fired for his comments about white people?

          • jackie freitas

            Exactly.There’s no way he called her a nigger to her face. Ant isn’t that stupid. Of course he thought it,who the fuck wouldn’t?? She was acting like a nigger,not a black person,but a nigger and she was a cunt. What is so difficult to figure out about that? All these phony,lying WHITE people are acting like they would NEVER even consider THINKING something like that. STFU and get real. Black people would think it and white people would think it. And it’s NOT wrong to.

          • Jezzer

            Your ignorance and lack of class are just appalling.

          • jackie freitas

            Lack of class ? Totally. Ignorance?? Hardly

          • Protoguy

            Nah, just a gross awful human being. Totally makes it ok.

          • jackie freitas

            Why do you think you’re gross? And awful?? Wow. What have you done that makes you think so low of yourself??

          • Protoguy

            Get back to your homework, young man. Mommy isn’t going to let you outside until you finish your homeschooling.

          • jackie freitas

            Are you tawkin to me?? Young man?? I’m a broad. 52 years old,no homework for quite awhile. What is it you would really like to say? I mean, that is actually relevant and interesting?? C’mon,you can think of SOMETHING….

          • Protoguy

            Wipe your chin. You have a little foam stuck there.

          • jackie freitas

            I don’t get it….foam?? Like styrofoam? memory foam? AAAF? What KIND of foam,and why is it on my chin??

          • Protoguy

            I know you don’t get it. It’s ok.

          • jackie freitas

            Once again,he is referring to a certain group of blacks.The thugs,gang members,irresponsible maniacs that give decent black people a bad rap and are out of control. He has said it a million times,and now so have I. He must get so tired of explaining that to people that just throw some racist, i hate all blacks label on him. I’m sure you can’t stand those specific black thugs either.Should I call you racist?

        • jackie freitas

          EXACTLY. Jesus christ,I’m sick of these people that don’t know what they’re talking about and are just jumping on some witch hunt bandwagon with NO idea what Anthony is about. They sound so much more racist then Anthony could ever be. Not to mention uninformed,judgmental,ignorant,phony,delusional and full of HATE.

        • ResCogitans

          Your Humpty-Dumpty act is wearing thin.

          • bloodsnow666

            That makes no sense at all. Please explain.

      • jackie freitas

        Sigh….once again,he is referring to a certain group of blacks.The thugs,gang
        members,irresponsible maniacs that give decent black people a bad rap
        and are out of control. He has said it a million times,and now so have
        I. He must get so tired of explaining that to people that just throw
        some racist, i hate all blacks label on him. I’m sure you can’t stand
        those specific black thugs either.Should I call you racist?

        • ResCogitans

          At no point has it been proven that Cumia did not precipitate this incident and that’s assuming anyone knows the actual facts of this incident. Further down you suggest that “no way” could this little reprobate actually refer to a black woman as the epithet in question. Really? I think he’s been dying to use the word publicly for some time now. You think you’re educating me or anyone else about a “certain group of blacks” while at the same time calling US the real racists. The problem here is that you and Cumia and his tin-eared posse belong to a certain group of whites: those lacking self-awareness and critical thinking skills. Cumia lost his cushy grievance-mongering gig at Sirius XM through no fault but his own. Boo-hoo.

          • jackie freitas

            He says it publicly all the time,to millions. That’s why it’s so stupid Sirius is firing him. Hellloooo??? The boys have been saying for awhile they would rather do a podcast,and weren’t planning on staying with Sirius anyway. Anthonys studio is state of the art and his LFTC shows are always hilarious. He has a a huge following of very loyal and dedicated fans that already have their wallets out asking Ant where and how can I pay. There’s no “Boo-hoo’s” here,sweetcheeks. We’re all much happier,thank you. I don’t know what you’re talking about “the no way” thing,unless you’re referring to me saying there’s no way he would have called her a nigger to her face. Yeah,I can’t see him doing that. I didn’t say there’s no way he didn’t call her one. Of course he did.So??

      • Pinkerbelle Merrick

        Savages who immediately react with physical violence aren’t people… It doesn’t matter what color they are… If someone automatically physically attacks a human being for nothing more than taking their picture, they are a savage animal… Even if they’re white, black, yellow, purple or green…

        If you see the word “They” or “savage” or “Animal” and automatically assume they’re black, YOU are the racist.

        • ResCogitans

          Cumia made the comments and you’re just running interference. You’re both assholes.

        • Jezzer

          Anyone who’d stand up and defend Anthony Cumia for his racist bullshit is a fucking idiot.

          • Pinkerbelle Merrick

            he didn’t say anything racist… If you see the words “animal” and “savage” and immediately think of black people, YOU ARE THE RACIST

          • Jezzer

            You’re defending a racist for his bullshit. YOU ARE THE FUCKING IDIOT.

          • Pinkerbelle Merrick

            He isn’t a racist… you’re the racist for automatically assuming “animal” and “savage” = black people..

            Where do you work? I think your boss should know you’re a racist and maybe fire you for your comments on the internet..

            I’ll provide him with screenshots of your horrific comments and make sure they’re taken out of context so he can see how racist and misogynistic you are.. I bet your place of employment won’t be happy with what you say on the internet in your own free time outside of work..

          • Jezzer

            My place of employment just informed me they are mortified that I called a misogynistic racist a misogynistic racist, and that they Just. Can’t. Even. with me.

          • Pinkerbelle Merrick

            I know you think it’s funny, but I wonder how you’re going to feel when you eventually get targeted by other SJWs who pick apart every single thing you say online, post your quotes out of context and flat-out make things up about what you say in order to have you removed from online forums or even from your job…

            That’s exactly what was done to Anthony, while real racists continue to work there…

          • jackie freitas

            You’re FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!

          • jackie freitas

            Yeah,95% voted NO he shouldn’t be fired. And that’s in every poll you’ll find. And Sirius has been diving every day since. That’s a LOT of “fucking idiots” isn’t it,bitchboy??!!

    • ResCogitans

      Did Gandhi carry a weapon?

    • Anthony P. James

      Easy on the black face thing, Anthony performed in black face too.

      • jackie freitas

        And he was portraying OJ. Who is BLACK. It would be kinda stupid to be a white OJ

  • Louie Chipperson Kantarian

    The Social Marxists and garbage clickbait websites who manufacture fake outrage are to blame.

    • 624LC .

      And yet here you are, with your word salad. You do know the first amendment doesn’t require Sirius to keep this asshole employed? No one forced him to write those tweets. Self inflicted harm

      • Pinkerbelle Merrick

        He never mentioned the 1st Amendment…

        You do know that Anthony has gone on 30-minute long N-word filled tirades on the air on his show for the past 10 years that make his twitter rant look like a nursery rhyme?

        He’s been paid, very well, to say WORSE by SiriusXM for ten years on the air…

        Since not a single one of you people full of fake outrage even listen to his show, you all sound like idiotic little children when you complain about what was on his twitter..

        You false outrage sheep will complain about Anthony, then turn around and bounce your head to that racist Justin Beiber’s music on a SXM channel DJ’d by white wannabe “gangstas” who use the N-word 50 times between each song..

        How the fuck do you expect anyone to take you seriously?

        • 624LC .

          Well someone did, cause you fuckers will have to find him on a podcast.

          • Pinkerbelle Merrick

            LOL!

            He’s already got a podcast, he’s just changing it do be a daily thing now that he’s free from the corporate shackles of SiriusXM…

            And now he can *really* say whatever the fuck he wants without having to worry about Social Justice Warriors crying about his naughty language or “racist” comments…

            All you morons accomplished was giving him more free press about his new show than he could have ever drummed up on a SiriusXM channel..

            pmsl

          • 624LC .

            Free time for a bunch of nobodies to listen to him. Enjoy your on air klan meeting.

          • Pinkerbelle Merrick

            Here it is, btw.. It’s not hard to find, considering it’s the #1 video podcast:

        • Jezzer

          What kind of classless, clueless idiot listens to a 30-minute long n-word tirade and says, “Gosh! That’s something I want to listen to EVERY FUCKING DAY. Possibly because I am a warped, damaged, worthless waste of a human being!”

          • Pinkerbelle Merrick

            When he goes on his tirades it’s fucking hilarious, usually because a black comedian is in the studio with him, egging him on….

            If you’ve never fucking listened to the show how never had any fucking intention on listening tot he show, why the fuck do you care if he’s on the air or not?

            I think Rosie O’Donnell is a fat piece of shit who says nothing interesting at all and is probably a horrible influence on young women, but I don’t sit around trying to get her fat ass fired, I just don’t watch the shitty programs she’s on..

            Why the fuck do you have to be the Social Justice Warrior who sits on high and decides who is or is not allowed to broadcast??

            When that sort of shit start becoming the norm, then some other Social Justice Warrior is going to decide that YOU shouldn’t be allowed to say what you want on the internet or hold a job because he is “offended” by something you said…

            I’m going to laugh my ass off when the rest of you SJWs start tearing each other apart trying to get each other fired..

            That piece of shit from Gawker that mis-reported all the Tweets Anthony posted is already getting heat for fat-shaming some turd on the View and the SJWs are demanding he be fired as well…

          • Jezzer

            He’s a racist and an unfunny hack. The fact that you’re defending him just reflects poorly on your taste and intelligence. I was content that he was fired for his poor judgment and remarks, but now I’m doubly happy that he was fired, because it upsets you.

          • Pinkerbelle Merrick

            Now that he’s fired he can dedicate all of his time to his video podcast which is already the #1 podcast…

            Since he’s now his own boss he can say *anything* he wants without having to worry about SJWs like you posting lies about him and showing your racism…

            If you think he’s a racist, then you’ve obviously never listened to a second of the show..

            I love how you’re ignoring the fact that the same piece of shit that lied about him on Gawker is getting fired for making fun of that fatass on the View…

            All of you SJW pieces of shit will be gone from the internet soon as you all turn on each other..

  • bloodsnow666

    All of you cry baby liberal fags keep saying his words were racist. You are the true racists because you are the ones associating the term animal with black. If a white woman attacked him and he said the same thing would you call it racist? The woman who attacked him should pay for what she did. Like that woman who beat up that kid for using his drone copter on the beach. Taking pictures is a legal act, punching people isn’t. You libs focus on his twitter rant and give that animal beast bitch a pass for being physically violent. Libturds are ass backwards and call themselves “progressive” yeah right. He also stated that the black community is overrun with violence which is true, that is not racist. Excusing these people for their behavior is atrocious.

    • 624LC .

      Let me guess. They are not hiring dropouts this summer and you have nothing to do but make homophobic comments.

      • bloodsnow666

        Funny that you call me homophobic, because I was the best man at my gay friend’s same sex wedding. Btw…I am a college graduate.

        • 624LC .

          Oh, did your toast include references to ” liberal fags”? How heartwarming.

  • shpongl3

    “the insufferable angry-white-guy position” “wealthy, heavily armed white people” Add to that your insinuation that the Zimmerman verdict was an injustice and that Robert Zimmerman is a racist supporter of Anthony and the illusion of your well written article is dispelled. And you got trolled by Opie’s tweet. El oh el.

    • ResCogitans

      The only thing being illusion being dispelled is that of your intelligence.

  • slartibartphast

    Why do you quote some tweets then say he condemned the whole race? Where are those tweets? Nowhere, because that’s not what he did. Sneaky article.

  • Raider_Nation_Army

    I’m going to miss Anthony on the show. Damn it! Shockingly this is coming from a long time black listener. Though his obsessive fascination of the obvious ills of the black community (i.e. World Star and First 48) was at times annoying to me. However it was interesting to hear his take on race he made me cringe at times, kept me captivated enough to keep listening but yet at the end I was able to laugh. I really do love the guy’s honesty, observations, and genius sense of humor.

    • Pinkerbelle Merrick

      The most hypocritical part of all this is that for the past week, SiriusXM has been playing repeats of old shows containing Anthony’s regular, racially-charged bits, rants and jokes…

      If what he said was truly so “abhorrent” the the management of SiriusXM, why are they airing “Bowling For Behave” and “Box of Cocks” on the O&A channel this weekend?

      Hypocritical nonsense… I’m so happy that SiriusXM stock is freefalling and investors are pulling out in the wake of all the cancellations…

  • Oreole

    Wow, this was very well written. While its true Anthony went a little overboard with his comments which were odiously racial in nature I think his commentation on race( other then some anger fueled hyperbolic claims he made) were quite reasonable. I also disagree with you about what you said about Anthony’s position on Trayvon Martin which is quite erroneous. Anthony didn’t get some sadistic elation over the disilusioned sentiments about the verdict. Again he was rebelling against the nigh vitriolic, libel ridden media persecution of Zimmerman. As an American he merely gratified that the system worked,” as he put it the legal system did not sucumb to political pressure. He even remarked, ” I’m not happy a kid is dead.

    • Jezzer

      Let me make sure I understand: we should be thrilled that instead of saying something overtly racist about the Zimmerman trial, he went the tired, trite “reverse racism” route that is a hallmark of racists everywhere?

  • Joe Blow

    Guilty white people are the drive behind much of what happens in our society. I don’t hear Reverend Al up in arms. Mind your business you white douchebags.

  • hbk72777

    O+A ‘s contracts are up in Oct. Anthony gets the summer off and will finally start the podcast he’s been wanting, full time.

    • jackie freitas

      Hahahahaahahaha…exactly!!

  • jpark377 .

    This self-righteous tool writing this piece is the reason we no longer have freedom of speech. Imagine if the forefathers of this once great nation cowered under the political correctness of their time, and were afraid to speak of a controversial opinion to break free. We would have remained a British colony a hell of a lot longer than we did. Why is freedom of thought so scary to guys like this and Rachel Maddow?

  • jersey721

    Have the powers that be at SiriusXM ever listened to the O&A show? Anthony has never shied away from his controversial opinions. He’s only being punished now because we’ve become a country of pussies.

    • Pinkerbelle Merrick

      Of course they haven’t! They’re currently replaying “Box of Cocks” right now, and it’s got some of the most racist jokes ever in it..

      The managements of SiriusXM have no fucking clue what any of their on-air talent does..

  • Howard David Liss

    But you must not listen to the show that regularly because just last week, when Sandy Kane was on the show, a discussion ensued about the harassment that you get on Times Square from the animals that inhabit the area and prey on innocent tourists as they try to walk through. So when Anthony said ‘animals’ and ‘savages’, he was referring to the specific group of people doing the harassing who happen to be predominantly black. STOP SPREADING THE LIES.

    • Vargas Larson

      Except….

      “its women not black ppl -No, it’s not. I’ve never been hit repeatedly by a strange white woman on the street. Don’t lie.”

      “There’s a deep seeded problem with violence in the black community. Try to address it and you’ll be exiled to racistville. But it’s real.”

      “The automatic jump to violence in that community is astounding. No discussion. It’s start punching at the least little thing. Uncivilized!!”

      I’m pretty sure he’s not referring to the “specific-group-of-animals-and-savages-who-harass-people-in-Times-Square-and-happen-to-be-predominantly-black” community.

    • jackie freitas

      If a group of people actually act like a bunch of animals and savages,what is wrong in stating that. If it were gangs of white people,he would call them the same thing. But it isn’t,is it?? That’s not his,yours or innocent victims fault. He’s been speaking out about finding some way to stop this insanity for years. But no one listens,especially,sadly,not the black people that SHOULD be the ones trying to lower the crime and growing death toll in a lot of black communities. If Anthony was SOO racist,he wouldn’t give a shit about the over the top violence,thuggery and blatant lack of compassion that goes on. He would think it was great. He doesn’t

      • Vargas Larson

        So all this time, he’s just been showing a genuine concern for the detrimental effects poverty, crime and “blatant lack of compassion” have had on the black community? C’mon…that’s grasping at straws. I listened to O&A for a long time, and I really can’t think of any instance where he referred to a white as a “savage,” or railed for hours against Nazi prison gangs or redneck meth dealers. Yes, I know, “the rate of criminality in the black population versus the white population,” etc. But you’d think he would’ve mentioned it at least a couple times over 1000s of hours of radio if it wasn’t about some deep-seated grudge he has against black people.

        • jackie freitas

          White people don’t embrace gangs,thug mentality and the glorification of these attitudes nearly if ever like blacks do. It’s a cultural thing and they pretty much own it. I’m not saying there aren’t scumbag,ignorant,spree killing white people.But they’re not nearly as common and savage as the black thugs that are just going around killing innocent people as well as each other over gang shit,turf wars and just for no reason. It’s a HUGE problem that people just seem to ignore and have a “oh,that’s just the way those wacky black gangs are” attitude.

          • Vargas Larson

            Yeah, yeah, I get that line of thinking. Got it a long time ago. And just like there are scumbag, etc., white people, there are plenty of blacks that detest the “thug” garbage as much as you do. But when you start start referencing the Civil Rights Movement and shit like that, you’re effectively moving the “savagery” off the one specific group and putting it on all blacks. Mixing all this up for all intents and purposes puts it into actual racist territory.
            So quit fucking flip-flopping, either he was only talking about a specific group who happened to be black or all blacks in general. You can’t have it both ways.

          • jackie freitas

            He doesn’t think that about all blacks,never has. I’ve been listening to him 5 days a week for 11 years,and he has never once said or even implied that he has a problem with ALL blacks. Simple as that

  • Vargas Larson

    Definitely the best article I’ve read on this matter. In the words of the late, great Patrice O’Neal, Anthony transformed from “I have a black friend racist” to “N**germania racist.” It really is exhausting.

    There’s one thing I will say though – SiriusXM gets too much credit for his firing on both sides of the issue. They’ve known a looooooong time exactly how Anthony is, so I really, really doubt his tweets were the first time they’ve gotten an inkling that one of their premier personalities has become pretty much everything but an out-and-out white supremacist lately (his take on eugenics, for example). Even if his tweets were not directly related to the show (as many of his supporters are pointing out) it’d just be a matter of time till the media got to the hundreds of hours of radio audio floating around on youtube. I agree, it really was just a matter of time till society at large got wind of him, and something like this happened.

  • Michael Rubin

    I disagree completely. He WAS trying to get a laugh. It was a TWEET, not a rant on a blog like you do. When you blog, it’s intended for EVERYONE to read. When Anthony tweets, it’s intended for his FOLLOWERS to read. His followers are his fans, the ones that get it. If it wasn’t for one of his followers giving Gawker the story, no one would even know that his tweets existed. If he had given that rant while a panelist on Red Eye, I might agree with you.

    • http://vermillionbrain.blogspot.com/ Vermillion

      That is not how Twitter works. That is not how THE INTERNET works. You can block people from following you, sure, but your tweets are public no matter what. If he honestly thought his tweets were only going to be rad by his fans (which seems to be a pervasive thought amongst people who get caught doing stuff like this), then he is dumber than previously thought.

      If he wanted it kept private, Twitter is one of the LAST places to go.

      • Michael Rubin

        Nice to completely ignore my argument completely. Let me see if I can explain it to you better. I hate Ann Coulter and everything she stands for. Because of this, I don’t follow her on Twitter. If Ann Coulter tweeted anything I found offensive (which I’m sure she has), I wouldn’t even know about it. And even if I did, I wouldn’t give a shit. I guarantee you cannot find one person who is a follower of Anthony on Twitter who was offended by what he said. When did it become ok in this country to fire someone because you’re offended by what they said?

        • http://vermillionbrain.blogspot.com/ Vermillion

          No I didn’t ignore your argument. Your argument was ” When Anthony tweets, it’s intended for his FOLLOWERS to read.”

          My point was THAT INTENT DOESN’T MATTER. It doesn’t. It is idiotic to say that it does, because that is not how Twitter works. He can’t pick and choose who he wants to see his crap. And there a plenty of ways non-followers can end up seeing his tweets. If they are following somebody who retweets him, if they are searching for information on him, hell if he trends high enough (which his supporters would make sure happens).

          Plus, your argument supposes that all his followers or fans of the show are 100% behind everything he says, when that is proven wrong by the VERY SAME BLOG POST YOU ARE COMMENTING ON. Not to mention that yes, there will be people keeping an eye on his feed so they can criticize shit like this.

          This is not like Donald Sterling or Michael Richards, when they were in private settings only speaking to what they thought was a particular audience, and then their remarks were leaked. Cumia broadcasted all of this on the most public stage one can find. Saying that Twitter is somehow supposed to be more private or selective than blogging shows how little you really understand how the internet works.

          Your argument wasn’t ignored. It was just a bad argument.

          P.S. Uh, it has always been accepted that a company could fire you if they felt you were a liability due to your speech. “Freedom of speech” means the government cannot persecute you for what you say, within reason. It does not mean that you can say whatever you want, no matter how outlandish or ridiculous, and have no consequences for it. And most corporations don’t like it when employees alienate customers.

          • AIPChristina

            Actually, he could pick and choose by making his twitter feed private. You can set it up so only people you choose, aka followers, can see them. That being said, and this is directed at the guy you replied to, obviously someone who followed him found what he said offensive, like maybe someone that he worked for at SiriusXM.

          • http://vermillionbrain.blogspot.com/ Vermillion

            Thank you for that information.

            If anything, it proves the kind of bubble Cumia had to be living in, in that even if he had his feed set as private, he assumed that everyone on that feed would automatically agree with what he said. Or that, even if they did agree, that they would keep it to themselves. The only way to keep something truly private on the internet is to not put it on the internet at all.

          • AIPChristina

            Very true.Even if it was private and everyone agreed with him, someone could have retweeted it to their followers and one of those followers could have have found it offensive.

          • jackie freitas

            He doesn’t care who reads it because he didn’t say anything wrong. Anthony is not a sneaky,gotta act one way in public and a different way in private kinda guy. That 5$ hooker acted like an animal,a savage and she’s a cunt. Why do YOU have a problem with that? She didn’t come at YOU like a ghetto,street thug. If YOU came at Anthony like that he would have said the same thing about YOU. But you didn’t. She did.

          • http://vermillionbrain.blogspot.com/ Vermillion

            ….
            ….
            ….
            ….
            …you know what? If this is the caliber of defense people can muster up for Cumia, maybe I do have a smidgen of pity for him.

            Jeez, you do realize you are only making it worse, right?

          • jackie freitas

            Making WHAT worse?? And for WHO?? WTF are you talking about? If you’re referring to Anthony,I have nothing to do with his “defense” or could in any way make anything better or worse for him. If you’re referring to myself,that I am somehow making something worse for myself,I’d like you to tell me what that would be?? And WHO I am making it worse TO. Am I making something worse in YOUR eyes?? Because I don’t know you or give two fucks about you. Let me know.please,what exactly I’m making something worse to. You egomaniacal,self important,delusional bag of wind.

          • http://vermillionbrain.blogspot.com/ Vermillion

            *sigh*…Ok…

            You are making any attempt to treat the issue, and Cumia, with any kind of serious analysis worse with your borderline literate rambling.

            You are making any defense of Cumia worse by highlighting that his rant, and every defense of it, was an exercise in the ugliest of human emotions.

            You are making this comment section worse by having nothing of substance to say, and instead filling that void with offensive language in a desperate trolling attempt to make an impact.

            You are making the English language worse by your punctuation, spelling, and grammar, all of which could have been corrected before you clicked “Post”.

            You are making my headache worse with your textual screeching and scatterbrained attempts at a witty comeback.

            By the way, there is no more pathetic comment than “I don’t care/it’s not important”. I care about this. I honestly care about responding to you. because I am doing it now. True, it is not a priority in my life, and to be quite honest, scratching my ass is seeming to be a larger concern the more I read your words, but I can admit, I do care a bit.

            If you didn’t care, you wouldn’t have said anything. You would have gone about your day without even acknowledging my existence. Since that didn’t happen, you must care, even a bit. And the only person you are trying to convince otherwise is yourself. Good luck with that.

          • jackie freitas

            I’m not attempting or trying to do anything. Just posting what I think. I’m not trying to get in serious debates nor am I attempting to be any kind of Cumia defense. It’s what I think and if it gives you a headache,move the fuck on. Oh,sorry,bad word too much for your headache? Grow up and get over your unimportant self

          • http://vermillionbrain.blogspot.com/ Vermillion

            And yet, still responding.

          • jackie freitas

            You have a problem with that? I never commented anywhere that “I don’t care” so I don’t know what you’re babbling about. As far as responding,you’re the one that gets headaches and can’t figure out my comments,so why are YOU still responding? You’re trying so hard to be condescending,that you missed the fact you’re the one that looks like an idiot.

          • http://vermillionbrain.blogspot.com/ Vermillion

            I never commented anywhere that “I don’t care” so I don’t know what you’re babbling about.

            Well….

            Because I don’t know you or give two fucks about you.

            Last time I checked,, that turn of phrase wasn’t usually used for people or things you do care about.

            As far as responding,you’re the one that gets headaches and can’t figure out my comments,so why are YOU still responding?

            My headache was temporary, and I’m feeling much better now, thanks for asking. I know how much you don’t care (supposedly) but it’s nice that you inquired.

            But please, continue teaching me the error of my arrogant ways.

          • jackie freitas

            I don’t give two fucks about YOU and YOUR stupid comment that I am somehow making something worse. I didn’t comment “I don’t care” in general. It was specific to YOU.I am not making anything worse or better,and neither are you. Since you apparently think your comments are better than others and that they have the power to make something better or worse,I can only conclude that you are delusional. Arrogant?? If you say so. I commented condescending,because you are. So,we have delusional,arrogant and condescending,so far. And I am commenting not because I care about you,but because I care about me. All day long

          • Jezzer

            For someone who doesn’t “give two fucks,” you sure won’t STFU about it.

          • jackie freitas

            Who the fuck is talking to you,cumdumpster?? Let me explain something to you,that is none of your business. I wrote that I don’t give two fucks about whoever the moron was that was responding to me. So,go back and read the comment,that wasn’t for or to you,before you write some idiotic reply that makes no sense. Got it,bitch?

          • Michael Rubin

            “And most corporations don’t like it when employees alienate customer s.” Really? And exactly what customers were alienated? Was there some sort of great outcry for him to be fired? There was not a single Sirius XM subscriber who complained. Sirius XM is a paid subscription service. Over 90% of their customers subscribe for one of two reasons: Howard Stern and/or Opie & Anthony. If anything, the outcry is from his fans BECAUSE he was fired. Subscribers are canceling in droves. The stock is plummeting. The change.org petition to reinstate him already has over 19,000 signatures. Not a single positive thing has occurred from his firing from a business standpoint, so there is no way this decision was based on running the numbers and worrying about the bottom line.

          • http://vermillionbrain.blogspot.com/ Vermillion

            Then SiriusXM will have to live with that. And really, if the majority of their customer base is made of people who get mad because their favorite asshole can’t call an entire race of people “savages” with impunity, I’m not going to shed a tear for them. So yeah, Sirius is going to have to make a choice: hold firm to their firing him, which means they lose customers, or bring him back, and basically admit that their bread and butter is giving angry racists a platform.

            All of this still falls on Cumia. This wasn’t a joke gone bad. He as being honest about how he felt. He said as much. And you are not going to convince anyone tnot already inclined to him hat this is some grand injustice to the douchebag.

            And I have to ask: what exactly was supposed to be funny about his rant? What was the “joke” you keep insisting he was making? Can you actually say what the punchline was, besides “black people are violent savages who want to kill whitey”. Is it supposed to be ironic, satire what? What is the JOKE?

          • jackie freitas

            If you knew anything about Anthony,which you obviously don’t,you would know exactly what he meant and who exactly he was referring to. He said “they” referring to a specific group of black people.The ones
            that he is so fed up with.And who isn’t? Can one person commenting here
            say they think those thug,ghetto,gang members that are ruining
            communities for decent black people,that shoot each other over wearing
            the wrong color or because somebodies on their corner,are just great
            people and should just continue with what they’re doing?? WTF?? THAT’S
            who Anthony is talking about. If you’re a decent,respectable,responsible
            black person Anthony has no problems with you at all. In fact, he loves
            when black people call in that can carry on an intelligent
            conversation,have a job and contribute to society as opposed to killing
            and robbing society because they’re mad at whitey or they just don’t
            give a fuck. If you think those type of blacks are wonderful,decent people, go hang out with them. See how fast you use the word “niggers”

          • http://vermillionbrain.blogspot.com/ Vermillion

            For someone who doesn’t give a fuck about what I have to say, you sure are continuing this.

            As far as the “they” he is referring to: does he have a list of names? Fingerprints? Anything that can actually identify these vague black people he is so threatened by besides their skin color and his opinion of their actions and demeanor? Has he done this for white people, pointed out how there are poor white thugs ruining communities with their crimes? Does he ever talk about them? Why single black people out? What make shim think that this woman (or the supposed black men who came to help her) DON’T have jobs or contribute to society? Does every black person have to wear a suit and tie, and carry their W-2s at all time in order for them to code as “acceptable” to white people now? And even if she was a “hooker ” (your word, not mine), she suddenly deserves less respect as a human being?

            And it is hard to take Cumia’s “concern” over the black community seriously when he only shows it during times he thinks “they” are coming for him.

            And again, what the hell does the Civil Rights Act have to do with ONE black person (the only one we have proof he even encountered) allegedly punching him?

            You are basing your argument on the idea that Cumia is telling the truth with no embellishment or exaggeration. Is it that hard to believe that he might not be as honest as you think? Again, where is the actual proof? yeah, he has a couple of pictures of a random black woman that HE SAYS attacked him. No police report, no hospital admittance. Just his word against…nobody’s. That is what he was counting on. You get so blinded by anger at a vague threat of violence from “them”, you wouldn’t look at it with a critical eye. But I bet dollars to donuts if the role were reversed, you would be tearing the story a new one for all the information missing.

            If you think those type of blacks are wonderful,decent people, go hang out with them. See how fast you use the word “niggers”

            Well, first off, I hate that word and all its permutations, so I wouldn’t call them that at all.

            Second, seeing as how I am black, I don’t think it would land with the same amount of “oomph”.

            Third, according to his account, he didn’t say this vile stuff to her face. He waited until he was nice and safe at home, got on Twitter and said it to his racist fans. So if I did do that, I would be a hell of a lot more brave than he was.

          • jackie freitas

            Yawn….you’re just acting stupid now. I’m black and Puerto Rican,btw. Why does he single out black people?? Are you fucking serious?? You can not be that stupid,there’s no way. Anthony never said anything about whether these people had jobs or not. That had nothing to do with it. Oh,he did say on Redeye that she probably worked at a strip club that was near by,or she’s a hooker. He has no problem with that,I have no problem with that,so who has a problem with that? She would get no respect for acting like a loud mouthed,out of control,no class idiot. It’s pretty easy to figure out and really quite simple. Who said every black person has to wear a suit?? WTF are you talking about? It has nothing to do with what people wear. If you don’t know the difference between black people that are responsible,have manners and respect themselves and others and the black thugs that take NO responsibility,are killing each other at an alarming rate for nothing and their main job is robbing people,then you’re either retarded or a liar. I’ve been to prison a couple of times and it’s about 85 to 90% blacks. Almost 100% of them blame everything they’re in there for on cops,or the “devil”. All they talk about is what crimes they’re gonna commit when they get out or who they’re gonna snuff.They think it’s funny and laugh about all the havoc they’ve caused. They,are niggers. I’m black and I HATE being housed with the blacks.But,since they’re the majority,it can’t be helped. Watch the news,look at FBI and prison statistics.The percentage of black crimes and shootings is alarmingly higher than any other race.How,especially being black,can you not know that? Whatever,you know nothing about Anthony Cumia,yet you think it’s perfectly alright for you to judge and talk shit about him

          • http://vermillionbrain.blogspot.com/ Vermillion

            I’m black and Puerto Rican,btw.

            Congrats. According to Cumia, that only makes you HALF of an uncivilized savage. Take a bow.

            Anthony never said anything about whether these people had jobs or not. That had nothing to do with it. Oh,he did say on Redeye that she probably worked at a strip club that was near by,or she’s a hooker.

            Well since he said she “probably” worked at a strip club, that both makes it true and makes all the shit he said TOTALLY justified and reasonable. And you are the one who said that Cumia doesn’t hate those decent black people with jobs, so if anybody is making it about that, it is you. I am simply responding to what you are putting out, just like Cumia.

            If you don’t know the difference between black people that are responsible,have manners and respect themselves and others and the black thugs that take NO responsibility,are killing each other at an alarming rate for nothing and their main job is robbing people,then you’re
            either retarded or a liar.

            I do see the difference. It is the same difference if you replace “black” with any other race in your sentence. That’s my problem with this: nobody goes on hand-wringing monologues about the scourge of white criminals making the entirety of white America look bad. If you think that any of that you just said is somehow unique or more prevalent in the black community, or somehow different, then it’s not me who retarded.

            I’ve been to prison a couple of times and it’s about 85 to 90% blacks. Almost 100% of them blame everything they’re in there for on cops,or the “devil.

            Yes, because people who have been put in jail DON’T tend to have an issue with the people who put them there. As far as the numbers, I’m not going to bother quoting the actual statistics, because it is pointless. I will say that, according to you, I shouldn’t listen to anything you say about it, because you are a black ex-con, and therefore have no real value unless somebody like Cumia declares it so.

            Sorry, HALF a black ex-con.

            They,are niggers. I’m black and I HATE being housed with the blacks.

            You are probably having a problem with them because you call them niggers. Just saying. Also, you are fortunate, because it is only HALF as offensive, due to your half-blackness. And might I add, if I was to again take from what you say, I shouldn’t even care about that, because you went to jail, so obviously you did something to get there that invalidates any complaint you could have.

            Really, what am I supposed to say to that? That is YOUR issue. YOU have the problem with them. Just like Cumia’s issues with black people are HIS issues. The black community does owe you, nor Cumia, any kind of explanation or absolution. You want to hold yourself seperate, fine, but don’t start acting like you have clue one in your head how black people act because of your limited experience. Because that is the problem right there: you take a limited experience and extrapolate it across a huge swath of people you never met. You have no fucking idea how they live their lives, but you want to step in here and tell me that Anthony Fucking Cumia has a better understanding of black culture and community than I do, and that I should just take his word for it.

            And even if that WERE true, since when did any black person have to live their lives to please fucking Anthony Cumia? Since when did we need his approval on who’s “decent” and who isn’t? What makes his opinion on an entire group of people somehow more defensible and validated than anyone else?

            Whatever,you know nothing about Anthony Cumia,yet you think it’s perfectly alright to judge and talk shit about him. How are you any better than him??

            Yet YOU called the woman involved in this a “hooker”, based only on some bad pictures from a cellphone and an angry man’s tirade. At least I am judging Cumia by the words he chose to use on a public forum. So yeah, THAT makes me better than him.

            Do you not see the irony in your argument? You keep saying Cumia’s judgment on black people was right, while at the same time arguing that I am wrong to judge Cumia. You keep on talking about Cumia in good faith, but this random woman, who nobody involved in this actually knows, doesn’t get any. Because Cumia, he can have a bad day. He can have a bad experience, and decide to lash out on Twitter, and you are fine with it. But this random woman, that you only know form pictures, she is automatically everything wrong with black people, just because Cumia says so. And nobody gets to question if his record of events was even accurate, because it isn’t possible that Cumia might lie to look better or be wrong in how things went down.

            And yet I am supposed to be the dumb one. Right.

            But you know what? I really do thank you for this. Because I like debate. I like having my views challenged. It keeps me sharp, and it either teaches me something new. or it helps me focus my argument enough to truly delve into my feelings on a subject.

            But I must be off again, going to clean up my backyard, and somehow manage to not kill a white person or shoot up the street. You are lucky, you only have to worry about HALF of a bad reputation based on other people’s bigoted views.

            So thank you and I hope you have a nice day.

          • jackie freitas

            Ah,very good. Very proud of ya. Anthony would think you’re a fine,respectable citizen. He would probably love to have a discussion about race with you. If you played your cards right. He’s extremely intelligent and well read,a fascinating mixture of Italian trash,brains and talent. You’d have a great time

          • http://vermillionbrain.blogspot.com/ Vermillion

            Once again, whether Cumia thinks I am a respectable citizen or not, doesn’t fucking matter. He holds no office, had no authority, and does not designate anything. He could declare that I am the Captain America of black people, the utter pinnacle of black culture, and it would still be a fucking insult of the highest order. Because THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A “GOOD BLACK”. You are either a good person or you are not. You can even fall in between. But the color of your skin doesn’t fucking matter to that. It doesn’t.

            At all. Cumia thinks it does. And that is what you are defending. That morality, decency, and treatment as a human being is dependent on your skin color. ANd that means that, if I did meet him, in the back of his mind, he is going down a checklist, trying to suss out if I am worth his consideration as a “respectable citizen”. He gets to say whether or not I’m a “good” black man, but if I object to his characterization of black people, I’ll be the one in the wrong?

            But, let’s say you are right, and that is how we should treat people. Either they meet some arbitrary standard set by people outside their community, or they get designated pariahs and outcasts, not worthy of even life.

            If that is indeed the case, then I now declare that Anthony Cumia is representative of everything wrong with white people. He is a bigoted asshole who thinks the entire world should work by his rules, in his favor. He is a violent bully who threatens people with his penis extension, after the threat has passed, and wants people to applaud him for it. He might be well-read and intelligent, but since I didn’t see it with my own two eyes, it can’t possibly be true.

            Now, if it were the real me, I wouldn’t hold that against white people, but since we are working by your viewpoint, all white people should hold Cumia accountable for what he did and stop rewarding him for being such an ugly asshole. In fact, any white person remotely like him should be in jail, if not worse, regardless if the have done anything wrong, because they are going to do something wrong eventually. And they should be treated as such. Now, those few “good” white people, the ones that know their place and know how white people should act, they can stay., They please me. But all the rest, all of those that deviate even the slightest from my own personal standards for them, they only deserve treatment on the level of pond scum. Now all of that is okay, because I have white friends. They are the “good” kind of white. A respectable kind of white.

            Yeah, I wouldn’t want to be the kind of person that thinks that. And I wouldn’t want to be around them. So no thanks, I would rather NOT spend any time with Anthony Cumia. You can have fun hanging with him all you want. Just make sure you do your best to meet his approval when you do so, because that is the most important thing in life: pleasing an entitled douchebag.

          • jackie freitas

            Oh honey.relax. Just funnin with you. You have the sense of humor of a frogs ass.Life is too long to be so scared and feel so inferior. There is such thing as a “Good Black” because I am one.Well,I went to prison for counterfeit money,but I took responsibility for it and never did it again. So,yeah,I’m a “Good Black”……gangsta boo

          • Jezzer

            Someone who claims to be an Anthony Cumia fan doesn’t get to critique someone else’s sense of humor.

          • jackie freitas

            Did I “claim” to be an Anthony Cumia fan?? Hmmm….don’t recall that. I can critique Jesus H Christ if I feel like it. It IS America….no??

          • Jezzer

            You can critique anything you want. Doesn’t mean you won’t get called on your stupidity.

          • jackie freitas

            “Called OUT?” Really?? Who the fuck are you to tell me or anybody what is funny?? And because my opinion of what is funny is different than yours I’m STUPID?? Jesus,what a narcissistic cunt

    • jackie freitas

      And he was PISSED, like anyone would be. Everything he tweeted was totally understandable,and I think,justified. If any of these pansy ass, white, phony,judgmental people put themselves in that situation for one second,and then say they wouldn’t have gotten pissed/scared or felt threatened,is a goddamn liar. Some might not say or tweet the word cunt or nigger,but they sure as fuck would think it. Anthony is too honest and open for his own good. And that is a sad statement

    • Jezzer

      Christ, how fucking stupid and terrible are his followers, if those tweets were tailor-made for them?

  • Saren Arterius

    I saw on Twitter the day he got fired, he was trying to backtrack like he wasn’t talking about “black people” and he meant “criminals” specifically. The only problem there is the replies in his mentions by people who were pretty much openly shouting white supremacy seemed to know exactly what he meant.

    • Mike Thomas

      Exactly and that’s why his fans are fighting a losing battle. Many of the responses are racist “Yea blacks are animals” Hell they’re even going after the author of the Gawker article. They want sympathy for a guy making racial comments and they defend him by making racial comments. The irony is to obvious not to laugh at.

  • Steven Skelton

    The fault lies with the hive mind of outrage.

    • Lady Willpower

      And rich white people who think all black people are animals. You forgot them.

      • Steven Skelton

        That doesn’t even make sense. I will agree that such people exist, but they wouldn’t be the ones demanding his dismissal.
        Sent from my iPad

        • Lady Willpower

          Meaning, the rich white racist brought it on himself. Obviously other racists weren’t calling for his dismissal. You’re playing word games.

        • chris ellis

          Yes, such people exist. This article was about one of them.

      • jackie freitas

        Anthony doesn’t think “All” He thinks A lot. And most people do. If you don’t,just look at prison,FBI and crime statistics. I’ve been thru the system and prison and I can tell you,truthfully and accurately,it is mostly blacks that are violent,LOUD,inconsiderate and take ZERO responsibility for any of their crimes. Those are FACTS.So,does that make ME a racist??

  • wintek919

    Terribly written, junk article.

    • Jezzer

      Poorly thought out, demonstrably incorrect, shit comment.

  • disqus_HpgPrOEJLX

    Still think firing him is a bit much. A mere warning probably would’ve been suffice. I mean I never liked nor understood Ant’s perspective on race, but I learned to just accept it. It was funny when Patrice Oneal was still around, because their 2 personalities had a complimentary synergy which made for some of the best radio. But regardless of Ant’s outspoken opinions on race- dude is still a 1 and a million radio personality. He does great imitations, is clearly an intelligent person, and he’s very funny. Dude managed to put a smile on my face on so many bad mornings with a funny voice more then any other radio personality. So I’m cancelling my SXM subscription, not out of protest, but just because O&A is the only show I ever listened to.

  • Timaloha

    I’m looking forward to hearing what Howard Stern has to say about this.

    • Pinkerbelle Merrick

      The 3 days of the month Howard is actually on the Air, all he does is plug AGT…

  • Dom Reidman

    omg the drama chez. Are you so spiritually clean that you can stand on such a pedestal? You make yourself out to be some type of martyr to have endured Anthony all these years. I am far from Anthony apologist as I don’t even listen to their show anymore. But you really need to get in touch with reality. The violent assaults being committed toward white people is real and for everyone to see on youtube. Anthony view points are hard to refute other than it wasn’t politically correct or as gentle as you may have liked. But please stop with your condescending self righteous views. I can promise your 10 readers there are things about you that would not be endearing to them.

    • Lady Willpower

      Oh, tell us more about the Knockout Game, please.

      • Rolf

        Well, it’s all a matter of perspective. Racism comes in all shapes and sizes. You go on twitter, and you see Ant oozing venom. You go to the comment section on worldstarhiphop, and you’ll see pretty much the same thing.

        • Pinkerbelle Merrick

          Or you turn on SiruisXM, tune to The Foxxhole – “A 24/7 channel featuring entertainment, music and original comedy catering to the urban lifestyle – presented by Jamie Foxx”

          to hear all the anti-white racist audio you want, or if the N-word is more your style, there’s at least 12 channels just for that, Shade 45 immediately comes to mind..

          Or you could listen to Howard and hear one of his thousands of pre-recorded racist bits where he pretends to be black..

          But those forms of racism are “okay” because black people are allowed to be racist because slavery…

          And Howard’s allowed to be racist because…. Well, I haven’t figured that one out yet.. I’m sure if he blows the script up on AGT, they’ll cancel his contract for “racial charged” reasons also…

      • hbk72777

        You know what he’s talking about, but it doesn’t help your cause, so you ignore it

        • Lady Willpower

          You sound like you’ve got a lot of enlightening information also. Let’s hear it.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      You must be new here.

    • cheviteau

      Yes, assaults against white people are terrible. And I don’t understand it since there has NEVER been assaults against black people by whites. It’s just all one-sided, isn’t it? Can someone give me just ONE example of white people assaulting a black person? I don’t think it’s ever happened. Should we all look to YouTube for information on racial conflicts?

      • Gene Novak

        We all know how this goes, anything blacks do now is justified because evil whites years ago did bad shit to other blacks so now all whites are fair game. Typical liberal logic.

        • cheviteau

          Years ago? Dumbass.

      • TheHowitzer9 .

        There are plenty of white-on-black assaults on YouTube, and nationally.

  • Gunnut2600

    Oh noes!!! However will we go on without one of the fucking countless shock jock duos?

    I mean it could take up to three days to replace Anthony!

    • Lauren

      Laughed out loud at this.

      • hbk72777

        That’s because you’re a clueless bitch

        • Lauren

          Awww, poor baby. Maybe Ant can come play a clown at your next birthday party since he has nothing else to do with his miserable, lonely, paranoid life now.

          • gct423 .

            except spend his millions you worthless jizz bag

          • Jezzer

            It would have to be an ironic clown, though, since he’s provably unfunny.

          • jackie freitas

            Yeah,that’s why every poll you can find is 85 to 95% saying he should NOT be fired. And Sirius stock has gone down every day since. Hahahahahhha…….faggot

          • lobstertodd

            He could offer you a number that you would take to suck his dick.

          • Lauren

            Well, he *could*. But alas, I am no longer a nymphet, so I fear Mr. Humbert would not be interested.

          • lobstertodd

            Oh dear god, of course he wouldn’t be interested. He’d probably pay you $1000 to cover you in delousing powder and lock you in a shed so you can’t infect anybody else.

          • Lauren

            For the life of me, I can’t imagine why Sirius would want to rid itself of this demographic.

            You probably didn’t get that reference, so here, let me help: I’m saying he likes little girls. Because he likes little girls.

          • Lauren

            For the life of me, I can’t imagine why Sirius would want to rid itself of this demographic.

            You probably didn’t get that reference, so here, let me help: I’m saying he likes little girls. Because he likes little girls.

          • lobstertodd

            “For the life of me, I can’t imagine why Sirius would want to rid itself of this demographic.”

            You made a joke about liking little girls…..

          • lobstertodd

            “For the life of me, I can’t imagine why Sirius would want to rid itself of this demographic.”

            You made a joke about liking little girls…..

          • Lauren

            Well, he *could*. But alas, I am no longer a nymphet, so I fear Mr. Humbert would not be interested.

        • jackie freitas

          I would actually say she’s a hole.A clueless hole. The kind of hole that gives women a bad name. I’m a woman. I HATE holes

  • Justin

    If you tweet about getting your ass beat by a woman while armed with a gun, then your a moron who deserves to lose his job.

    • therealMachoman

      *you’re

    • Henry Fando

      That’s true. I guess he should have shot her, since I guess you think that would’ve been a more appropriate response.

  • Eric Johnson

    While I disagree that he deserved to be fired, I have to say that this is the only article about the situation written by someone who seems to know what they’re talking about.

    • Leslie Monroe

      I totally second that. Been looking around for a source with real perspective and all you get is weak writers who are far left or far right slinging their own propaganda around. Very good article, Mr. Paienza.

      Oh, and while I haven’t listened to much recent O&A from the past few years, I thought that Bill Burr clip was great. I remember quite a few old episodes where Anthony got shut down by guests on the show when he started spouting crap.

  • Jason E

    Damn he sure has a face for radio. I’d be angry too. Enjoy AM radio!

  • Matthew L

    Great piece. I’m a regular listener of O&A. They are often hilarious. They get amazing comedians on like Louis CK, Bill Burr and Colin Quinn. But even the most ardent O&A fan has to admit that you saw this coming. Every time Cumia opened his mouth on race it was like he was stockpiling gasoline around an open flame. It had to come down to a fiery ending.

    • Mary Thompson

      I totally agree! I listened to O and A for over 20 years, but finally gave them up two years ago. Anthony ruined the show for me. Years ago, he was one of the funniest impersonators in the business. I really enjoyed listening to him. But over the years his whole attitude toward life changed. Every conversation that he initiated was tinged with racism toward some ethnic group. He just wasn’t funny anymore. Sometimes you could almost sense Opie’s uneasiness with Anthony’s tirades. I too felt that it was just a matter of time before something was going to be done by station management.

  • Otto66

    And social media claims another victim. Not gonna miss him. Proud Howard fan for 30 years.

    • hbk72777

      So is every other Howard fan, he doesn’t have any fans under 55

      • Jezzer

        And Anthony Cumia doesn’t have any fans with an IQ over 55. Amazing how that works.

  • ilovepens

    Great article! I think this guy has black or Latin running in his blood so he’s constantly trying to prove how white he is…

    • Pale Pen15

      Oh look another person that knows fuck all about the show. He’s italian(moors etc)

  • reggid

    Anyone who believes he was just out taking pictures of Times Square and was randomly attacked by a woman who just happened to walk into the frame is an idiot. He was out trying to get provocative photos of women’s butts. In other words, he was being a creepy, stalking asshole, he got called on it, and now he’s lying about it. Good riddance to a scumbag.

    • amva55

      My take exactly.

    • hbk72777

      Who cares, it’s a public place, 100% legal.

      Oh, I forgot, it’s yet another law only active in the Liberal mind

      • reggid

        Thanks for letting us know what the perv crowd thinks, creeper.

    • Gene Novak

      Based on what? Has Anthony ever been accused of anything like that before? Anthony had a radio show where he could have had girls come in and strip if he wanted. He had hot girlfriends. He had no need nor history that I’m aware of, of doing anything of the sort and even if he did he doesn’t deserve to be attacked.

      • reggid

        Um, because he posted other pics from his little adventure — let’s just say they weren’t architectural highlights. And if the creeper was trying to take some pervy pictures of this woman, I hope she cleaned his clock and shoved his camera up his ass.

        • Michael Rubin

          So your answer to someone taking pictures of someone on the street where it is 100% legal to take pictures is violence. You’re the exact problem Anthony was complaining about. You don’t like something, resort to violence. I would call you a savage as well.

          • reggid

            No, my answer is that a creepy perv shouldn’t lie about what he was actually doing and cry about getting called on it. If the camera ended up getting shoved up his ass, that just would have been a nice bonus.

          • gct423 .

            were u there? but u know for sure he was doing that? opinionated whore

          • Michael Rubin

            More violence from a savage. How wrong was he really?

          • reggid

            The hilarious thing is that you racist yahoos actually think you’re making some kind of helpful argument, instead of just proving what a racist asshole Anthony is.

          • Michael Rubin

            You’re promoting violence, I point it out, and somehow I’m a racist? Considering you don’t have a profile pic, exactly how do I even know what race you are? I am talking about you specifically, just like Anthony was talking about that woman specifically. I don’t care if you’re white, black or green. Every one of your posts is promoting violence against Anthony. That makes you a savage regardless of the color of your skin.

          • reggid

            Aw, the racist creeper is having a sad. And just what are you promoting, creeper, other than racism and voyeurism?

          • Michael Rubin

            I’m still trying to figure out how calling YOU a violent savage is racist when I have no idea what race you are. Please explain.

          • reggid

            Don’t worry, creeper — everyone else reading here can figure it out for themselves.

          • jackie freitas

            You sound,by your name and uncontrollable violence,that you are a black male. NOBODY is creepier or pervier then most black males. Look at rape statistics,or just ask women. So,don’t go projecting your own personal, creepy, pervert personality on Anthony. ALL men are NOT like you.

          • jackie freitas

            If it’s a fact,is it racist?? She acted like an animal and a savage,in most peoples books. She immediately turned to violence and histrionics because she assumed he was taking a picture of her worn out ass. Bitch please,she is the last of the LAST thing Anthony would want a picture of.If you knew anything about Cumia,you would know THAT. He’s never been a liar,in fact,just the opposite,which is why he’s in this mess. And really,SIR,you don’t need to get so violent and hateful over something that is really,none of your fucking business.

          • Jimmy B

            This asshole is incredible

          • jackie freitas

            Actually,the problem and the outrage isn’t whether Anthony is racist or not. Who gives a fuck if he is? The PROBLEM is that Sirius fired him for something that he says and has said for 10 years and they never said ONE thing to him about it. And the comments he made were on Twitter,which REALLY has nothing to do with Sirius. If Sirius had such a problem with,and were SO disgusted by the “racially” driven tweets,then why didn’t they fire him years ago? It’s a crock of phony,hypocritical shit that NO ONE should be in agreement with. Hate Ant if you want,think he’s racist all you want.But if you think it’s ok for a company to fire you for something you tweeted,that you have been saying for YEARS on their goddamn station,then you’re worse than a racist.

          • Jimmy B

            I guess I have my answer

          • Glenwood 107

            What makes a grown man play victim to a woman…oh yeah being a bitch. Anthony is obviously a prozak popping coke addict. Defending him only says the same about you

          • Michael Rubin

            So I imagine your response would have been to hit the woman back. So you’re basically proving his point that savages resort to violence first. Thanks for proving him and the rest of us right.

          • Glenwood 107

            You imagined my response then followed with racial banter…thanks for proving our point. Enjoy listening to him on celebrity rehab. Maybe you can show him what being fat white and mediocre is like so he wont go into shock. Your glasses scream 18th century magician too.

          • jackie freitas

            I wish he would have shot her.He would never have been fired.

            The problem and the outrage isn’t whether Anthony is racist or
            not. Who gives a fuck if he is? The PROBLEM is that Sirius fired him for
            something that he says and has said for 10 years and they never said
            ONE thing to him about it. And the comments he made were on
            Twitter,which REALLY has nothing to do with Sirius. If Sirius had such a
            problem with,and were SO disgusted by the “racially” driven tweets,then
            why didn’t they fire him years ago? It’s a crock of phony,hypocritical
            shit that NO ONE should be in agreement with. Hate Ant if you want,think
            he’s racist all you want.But if you think it’s ok for a company to fire
            you for something you tweeted,that you have been saying for YEARS on
            their goddamn station,then you’re worse than a racist.

        • gct423 .

          i wish he shot that savage animal

        • gct423 .

          let me guess you thought that lil thug wanna be tray tray trayvon martin was innocent

        • Henry Fando

          Only one other picture he took was of a woman, the rest were of different sights around the area. They weren’t all like that, and even if they were it wouldn’t justify a physical attack.

    • gct423 .

      shut up cunt

    • Nick Slaughter

      It sounded like he was taking pictures of her to make fun of her online later on, and she caught wind of it. If you are a woman who sees a man with Ant’s face taking pictures of you on the street, you most definitely would get freaked out and think some perv was up to something.

      • jackie freitas

        Why would he want to do that?? And how exactly would he “make fun of her?” I’d be interested to know how you see that in your mind. You obviously don’t listen to the show,because he has never done anything remotely like that. It’s not funny or clever or interesting. He would never even consider it.

        • Nick Slaughter

          been listening since 2001, before the Sex For Sam incident… Ant’s a bigoted asshole and that’s what he likes to do, make fun of people. Especially minorities, especially when they prove his weird racial views right (in his mind). That’s the kind of person he is.

          • jackie freitas

            Actually,no. It’s not the kind of person he is at all. He might call things out about the unending violence and disgusting glorification of thug mentality but that isn’t “making fun of” minorities. It’s a fact. He doesn’t have a problem with minorities. He has a problem with black thugs,gangs and the shooting of innocent people that goes on in many black communities. I would think most people would have a problem with that.

          • Nick Slaughter

            At the very least, he clearly has a problem with interracial dating which he tries to sublimate with “jokes” but it’s like therapy for him. I won’t speculate what really happened in Times Square, but the fact of the matter is he took one incident and used that to further his confirmation bias that “teh blacks” have a problem with violence because they’re savages. His stance on eugenics and belief in the bell curve bullshit is further proof of it. Between Obama getting elected twice and Patrice dying, he let his feelings get the worst of him and used the show as his soapbox to spew bigoted, if not racist, shit. That’s why the only people out side the SXM building “protesting” his firing were Bobo and some neckbeard slob wearing a Compound t-shirt with a veiled swastika logo on it.

          • jackie freitas

            A lot of people have a problem with interracial dating. They just don’t SAY it. If you took a anonymous poll I’ll bet it’s higher then you would think.He didn’t “take one incident” it HAPPENED to him and he called her a bunch of names and it shouldn’t have gone any farther. Sirius should have never brought it up and nobody would give a shit. Sirius doesn’t give 2 fucks about black people or racism or anything but their wallets. If they had any integrity they would stand by their own companies slogan of “completely uncensored,No holds barred” entertainment. But since it wasn’t even on the f’ing radio and had NOTHING to do with them,they should have said absolutely nothing. They’re hypocrites and phonies and have embarrassingly joined the insincere,apologetic,phony PC crowd that is so UN American it’s ridiculous.

          • Nick Slaughter

            Welcome to the free market, dude. This is as American as it gets.

      • lobstertodd

        You’ve been listening for over ten years and your first thought is that he was doing something that he’s never ever done once? You’re either full of shit or a complete fucking idiot.

        • Nick Slaughter

          he’s never made fun of people for no reason before? especially black people?

          • lobstertodd

            “It sounded like he was taking pictures of her to make fun of her online later on”

            Of course you’re the kind of dumb prick that would over simplify to save face. Show me an example of this, dummy. Show me the picture Ant took where he’s making fun of a black person for being black. You said “especially black people.”

          • Nick Slaughter

            and you sound like the kind of dumb prick that idolizes Anthony because you think deep down, you two are sympatico and would totally be besties hanging out talking about guns and telling racist jokes. It’s so much fun watching all the butthurt Ant fans crying like little babies over their hero getting shitcanned. I just bought two subscriptions to SXM and can’t wait to purchase more as gifts for friends.

          • lobstertodd

            Oh, so you have nothing of substance whatsoever. Good luck, lil fella.

          • Nick Slaughter

            Thank you for taking the high road.

          • lobstertodd

            We got it, you’re an arrogant fool with nothing to say. sftu

          • lobstertodd

            We got it, you’re an arrogant fool with nothing to say. sftu

          • Bill Zeiser

            Ew. LOL.

    • jackie freitas

      Why on earth would somebody like Anthony who has had beautiful girlfriends,want a picture of some loud mouthed 20$ hooker?? He would not look twice at this lunatic and certainly would have no desire to get into some ghetto “Oh no you din’t” street fight. She acted in “that way” that a lot of black people do,that is offensive to white and decent black people. LOUD,AGGRESSIVE,IMMATURE and STUPID.Millions of people are inadvertently in other peoples photos on a daily basis. That’s just how it goes. Usually people don’t freak out and act like a complete asshole over it.Unless they’re on drugs or hiding from something. And you know exactly what I’m talking about,so don’t muster up some phony outrage over it. Please…

      • Jezzer

        Are you planning to climb off of Anthony Cumia’s dick any time this year?

        • jackie freitas

          Hahahahahaha……I would need more rope then I could afford. Word on the streets is he’s hung like a black guy. Just one more thing for haters to be mad at.:)

    • Jimmy B

      Are you black?

  • Jasper Mallis

    Best take I’ve read yet.

  • Razor

    Coming soon to Premiere Radio Network: The Anthony Cumia Show.

    • D_C_Wilson

      I’m thinking “Fox contributor Anthony Cumia” is a possibility.

      • Razor

        He can join Mark Fuhrman as Hannity’s race expert.

        • D_C_Wilson

          I guess neither George Zimmerman nor Cliven Bundy could get the job now.

          • Nick Slaughter

            They’ll be on the Totally Doesn’t Overreact Panel

  • David L.

    His rant out of the early 20th century (complete with terms straight out of the Ku Klux Klan’s Handbook) was despicable. It also boggles the mind that someone can legally carry a gun in Times fuckin’ Square (I was unaware of that). Anthony’s new gig will almost certainly involve being a conservative talkshow host catering to all the nice neighborly racists out there.

    • hbk72777

      You mean the Democrat created KKK?

      • David L.

        1. Put a hyphen in there, for propriety’s sake.

        2. The founders of the KKK never ran for political office as Dems, so that statement is factually incorrect (although it’s extremely clear to me that Southern Democrats supported and were deeply intertwined with the KKK back in the day).

        3. It was created ca. 150 years ago.

        4. The ideological heirs and political successors of racist Southern Democratic Party members are racist Southern GOP members. Ever heard of the Southern Strategy? The Repubs aren’t that far in terms of cultural identity from their ‘Democrat’ grandparents. Ask any member of the now thankfully-pathetic and irrelevant terrorist groups with KKK in their names if he’ll vote for the Democratic Party this November. Or if he voted for Obama.

        Go troll somewhere else, fool.

        • Jimmy B

          Another liberal know nothing on display

          • Jezzer

            Yeah, it’s really ignorant the way he wrote out that list of historical facts like that. Guess you showed him.

    • Jimmy B

      Grow up you liberal fucktard

  • Rolf

    couldn’t they just fire Anthony and leave Opie?

    • AIPChristina

      Well, they hired them to do the show together, therefore if one of them has to be let go, it can be assumed that the other one would be too.

  • http://www.osborneink.com/ OsborneInk

    Isn’t it amazing how “taking personal responsibility” becomes unimportant when the person being punished is conservative?

    • amva55

      What are you talking about?. His bosses, who by the way are conservatives as he is, reached a boiling point and got rid of the guy, what’s not to understand?

      • hbk72777

        No, his bosses don’t give a shit about anyone’s opinions. It’s just the same minority going to sponsors, pretending to be customers, and doing the old boycott routine.

        Why don’t you head over to NY Newsday, look at the poll on whether or not he should have been fired, An astonishing 92% say no.

        But of course, the loudest crybabies win in a world where ad dollars are shrinking daily.

        • Nick Slaughter

          Scientific soundness of a NY Newsday poll notwithstanding, who exactly spearheaded the boycott routine this time? I don’t even think Reverend Al had time to make a public condemnation before he got canned. He called black people savages in his own veiled way, the way he has been doing so for years (and especially after the 2008 election).

    • Jimmy B

      Isn’t it amazing how an entire race of people take no responsibility for their actions at all?

      • http://www.osborneink.com/ OsborneInk

        Hey now, you can’t talk about all white people that way. I’m white and I take full responsibility for my privilege.

        • Glenwood 107

          Ive never known anyone from alabama to be better than anything…nice try #atlanta

          • http://www.osborneink.com/ OsborneInk

            We’re almost always better than Georgia at one thing I can think of. It’s a sport involving an oblate spheroid, which is carried and thrown, on a field measuring one hundred yards long… :)

          • Glenwood 107

            that may be true but….alright you win

          • http://www.osborneink.com/ OsborneInk

            Good sport :)

      • Lady Willpower

        Thank god you’re not just labeling an entire race one thing, that would be racist. And we all know the racists in the world don’t like when you call them racist.

    • #JusticeForAnthony

      Really? I didn’t know the thousands of black people murdering each other year after year in every major Socialist-controlled inner city were all Conservatives. Who would have thunk it?

  • 624LC .

    Don Geronimo and mike O’Meara were ten times funnier than these dill holes. Good riddance. And that racist comments are a part of his supporters’ dialogues on this matter is all I need to wish them adieu. Podcasts from the basement of his home sounds about right.

    • stacib23

      I’ll never understand how insulting anybody based on ethnicity can ever be funny. Hell, call me sensitive, but to name the man “Black Earl” and somehow decide there is humor there boggles my mind. It must be one of those privileges that I’m not afforded to be able to find stuff funny that is more than likely insulting to an entire group of people..

      • hbk72777

        Idiot, why don’t you look up why they call him Black Earl

        Hint, it ain’t because of his skin color

        • stacib23

          Fuck you dude. This is an open blog and I do get an opinion whether you agree or not.

      • Michael Rubin

        Typical non-fan taking things completely out of context. They called him Black Earl because he only dressed all in black every day. It was a term endearment that Earl embraced whole-heartedly. I won’t even go into the stupidity of your comment that you’ll “never understand” how jokes about race can funny. Really? You’ve never heard a funny black joke in your entire life? What a liar.

        • stacib23

          I don’t do ethnic jokes regardless of ethnicity – they weren’t allowed in my house either when I was being raised or in raising my children. Do we know each other so well that you somehow feel comfortable enough to call me a liar? Piss off.

          • Michael Rubin

            They weren’t allowed? where the hell did you grow up that you never heard an ethnic joke. You expect anyone to believe that you’ve never heard an ethnic joke in your entire life. You’re a buffoon. With that statement, I feel absolutely comfortable calling you a liar

          • stacib23

            You’re an asshole with poor reading comprehension skills. Where in all hell did I EVER say I never heard an ethnic joke? I said they weren’t allowed in my house, and I don’t think they are funny. Fuck off, dude. A goofball who substitutes what he thinks he read to make it some kinda stupid fact and then proceeds to call me a liar. You’re beyond stupid.

          • Michael Rubin

            I didn’t need any help in making you feel stupid. You proved that all on your own. Now get on with your self entitled life and your white guilt.

          • bloodsnow666

            You’re the goofball that substitutes what you think you read to make up some stupid fact. Turning Ant’s tweets into racism which you can’t prove.

          • jackie freitas

            Q.How do you know when a black man has been on your computer?

            A. It isn’t there

          • jackie freitas

            Q.What do black men do after sex?

            A.Fifteen years to life There you go,honey. Don’t go get all “offended” now,be a big girl.

          • Lady Willpower

            Sexist and racist. What a prize you are.

          • jackie freitas

            Nah. Just have a sense of humor. A black dude told me that joke. Here’s one just for you.Q. What does a white woman make for dinner? A.Reservations. There,you feel better now? Me too

    • Pale Pen15

      And then Mike went and defended him, guess you look silly now don’t you

      • 624LC .

        Mike O’Meara is a total alcoholic loser now. He has some lame podcast in his home. He was good with don back in the heyday. But alone, he is as big a loser as idiots who defend this racist twat.

  • Dizivi

    Oh well. ‘Fawk’ him.