Michele Bachmann Said Just About the Worst Thing You Can Say About Gays, Or Anyone

The Minnesota congresswoman went Incredible Hulk on gay people on a Christian radio show Friday.
The Minnesota congresswoman went Incredible Hulk on gay people on a Christian radio show Friday.
Bachmann

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) is mercifully retiring from Congress in January after somehow being elected and reelected four times by the voters in Minnesota's sixth district. She is exiting the House just as she entered it: in a spectacular blaze of ingloriousness.

On Friday, Bachmann was a guest on something called the Faith & Liberty Talk Show, where she warned about the nefarious gay agenda, which involves highly oppressive aims like equality and non-discrimination. Clearly feeling right at home on a radio show about all things "faith" and "liberty," Bachmann went into full beast mode on teh gayz, saying about the most despicable thing you can say about gay people, or anyone else for that matter:

"I believe that we're going to see coming an effort, uh, for uh, multiples in marriage -- not just two, but multiples in marriage. Not just two, but multiples in marriage. I think they want to legalize that. I think also they want to abolish age of consent laws, which means children, uh, children would--we would do away with statutory rape laws so that adults would be able to freely prey on little children sexually. That's the deviance that we're seeing embraced in our culture today."

I submit to you that that is the worst thing you can accuse someone of doing or wanting to do. While murder is worse than rape in that it ends a life instead of horrifically traumatizing one, sexually assaulting someone -- in this case a child -- requires a truly demented mind that premeditates the act. Child rape is never a "crime of passion" that can "just happen."

And if you doubt this, ask yourself which of these you have an easier time envisioning: you killing someone (whatever the circumstance) or sexually assaulting a child.

I rest my case.

And this is how Bachmann views gay people. No wonder her totally not-gay husband, Marcus, has embarked on a futile quest for a "cure" for gayness.

(h/t: Mediaite)