CNN’s Ashleigh Banfield Just Dropped a Reality Bomb On Immigrant-Haters

The debate over the current crisis involving unaccompanied children crossing the border has been covered with the usual conflict-driven noise, but the voices dominating the mainstream media have been hateful anti-immigrant protesters, and people trying to appease them, or pass their hatefulness off as legitimate concern over policy.

That’s why it was so refreshing to see an anchor at the home of “both sides” balance, CNN, offer up a blistering rebuke to the “send ‘em all home” crowd. At the end of a segment on the crisis, Legal View‘s Ashleigh Banfield just kind of lost it on the anti-immigrant trolls she inevitably expected to hear from after she dared to praise the notion of due process. I don’t know about you, but it made me want to stand up and cheer.

“For any you out there about to tweet me saying that I think immigration is just fine, and they should all be let over the border, stop right there. That’s not what this is about. If you’ve ever been in a war zone, and I have, and I have seen refugees pouring over borders, half their families murdered, the other half tortured, they’re running for their lives, many of them women and children, it is devastating. It’s devastating. And God help if you’re ever in need of help and you show up and there’s a bus telling you to get out. This is America.

It’s almost too perfect to add anything to, so I will only say this: In every story I’ve heard coming from these children and families, they are fleeing very real danger, so while we don’t want to encourage people to put their kids on top of freight trains, there is no reason for the White House to claim that most of these kids will be sent back. I hope they aren’t, and I think the White House ought to get these people used to the idea that they might not.

This is America, indeed.

  • IRC not rootbeer

    Those blinded by their love never listen to the sane folks telling them the drug dealer they love is bad for them, same goes for those who love Obama, and those who loved Hitler. It is the same nonsense of love infatuation those had for Hitler pre WW2 and the same those have for Obama today. History repeats.

  • James Durrschmidt

    Save the Native Americans, most of our families came here for the same reasons as these refugees.

  • Paula A. R. DeAngelis, PhD

    Cram it up your bony Canadian ass, “Ashleigh”, you stupid neurotic bitch.

  • Alex

    Serious question… If this is really about escaping the situation in their home countries, why can’t they just stay in Mexico? I mean the situation there isn’t bad enough where anyone from Mexico who claims to fear returning is allowed to stay in the US under refugee status. So why can’t the Central American immigrants stay there again?

    • Carla Stixs

      Although some have traveled from as far away as Sri Lanka and Tanzania, the bulk are minors from Mexico and from Central America’s so-called Northern Triangle—Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador, which together account for 74 percent of the surge. Long plagued by instability and unrest, these countries have grown especially dangerous in recent years: Honduras imploded following a military coup in 2009 and now has the world’s highest murder rate. El Salvador has the second-highest, despite the 2012 gang truce between Mara Salvatrucha and Barrio 18. Guatemala, new territory for the Zetas cartel, has the fifth-highest murder rate; meanwhile, thecost of tortillas has doubled as corn prices have skyrocketed due to increased American ethanol production (Guatemala imports half of its corn) and the conversion of farmland to sugarcane and oil palm for biofuel.

      Many of the kids are coming to help a family in crushing poverty. Some are trying to join a parent who left years ago, before the recession and increased border enforcement slowed down adult immigration. Still others are leaving because of violence from family members and gangs. According to a report from the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, 58 percent of the 400 youth the agency interviewed “had suffered, been threatened, or feared serious harm” that might merit international protection. “This is becoming less like an immigration issue and much more like a refugee issue,” says Wendy Young, executive director of Kids in Need of Defense (KIND), a DC-based nonprofit that helps unaccompanied immigrant kids find pro bono legal services. “Because this really is a forced migration. This is not kids choosing voluntarily to leave.”

      MJ

      • Alex

        I’m sorry but coming from poverty is not a reason to grant anyone residence in the US, or any other country for that matter. If any developed country were to take in every single person who wanted to come the strain would quickly turn it into the same thing people wee fleeing from in the first place.
        Guess what? Life isn’t fair. Some people are always going to have it tougher. That doesn’t mean that those of us who are luckier shouldn’t help. There are many things we can do to help them. We just can’t take in every single person who claims to be fleeing from violence.
        You now why? Because human beings are capable of lying if it is in their best interest.

        • Carla Stixs

          Poverty is the least of their problems. They have zero schooling, drug addicts for parents who will sell them in a heartbeat. Gangs who threaten to kill them daily if they do not do or give them what they want. No life isn’t fair but their living conditions are more than any American could ever imagine. No we can’t take in everyone that’s why we have a court system. Let’s just hope for the best outcome for these children. Those who transport children across the border for a fee have abused such misunderstandings to drum up business. They are the one’s responsible for the influx of these children getting across the border not the American political system. But the republicans needs to approve the money and let’s get the ball rolling to take care of the children in a timely manner.

          Peace

          • markinla

            The courts are a joke, they let Obama’s distant relatives stay. Letting any stay will only guarantee more. The only thing you can guarantee is that the thrid world will never run out of useless mouths to feed and we can’t take them in.

          • Treading_Water

            So, children fleeing violence are just “useless mouths to feed”? And America, the second fattest nation in the world can’t afford to feed them?

            Nice compassion you have there.

          • markinla

            How many are YOU feeding. Blow your phony compassion out your A&&.

          • OHIO GAL

            You aptly described the south side of Chicago.
            Let’s take care of our own problems first.

  • cheesemaster

    So confusing – are they fleeing Central American countries, or Mexico? Was Mexico so horrible and lacking in compassion that they just had to keep passing on through to the give-me country? Surely we’re told that Mexico is a wonderful country full of wonderful, caring, compassionate people. It’s a modern, cultural, heavy-weight, rich in natural resources! Hey, they even speak their language already, seems like a match made in heaven!

    • Carla Stixs

      Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador and a small percentage are from Mexico.

      • markinla

        Obviously your reading comprehension lacks, He is asking why don’t they stay in Mexico?

  • Slugger_McBuster

    Comparing an insupportable flood of illegals to war-zone refugees. She’s either an ignorant dipcrap or she’s a sanctimonious, disingenuous demagogue. And of course the useful-idiot liberal drones will lap this sht up with a big spoon.

    I didn’t realize it was a “war zone” south of the border. Americans go there all the time to vacation. Hunh. These people are coming here because the shthole they live in doesn’t offer them taxpayer-funded housing, healthcare, and food, and the ruling-class leftists left a big ol’ sucking wound where the border should be, and put out a welcome mat, in order to cement another enthralled voting bloc. Never mind that it’s gonna drag us down deeper and deeper toward the same third-world status these illegals are trying to leave behind.

    Meanwhile, your Dear Leader frees multiple high-level jihadists, but insists on constant surveillance of lawful American citizens.

    Nope, nothing wrong with this picture … at all.

    • Carla Stixs

      Honduras has the world’s highest murder rate. El Salvador has the second-highest. Guatemala, fifth-highest murder rate. What do you call a war zone?

      • markinla

        Murder has nothing to do with a war zone.

        • Treading_Water

          Being killed by warring ideological or theological factions is completely different than being killed by warring drug cartels.

    • Bosma

      You mean, kind of like how businessmen go to Dubai, even though they are a couple of hundred miles away from Iraq/Iran? Thanks for playing….

  • Ben Franklin

    Poor Ashliegh. She thinks there is a war going on in Central America or Mexico. Has nobody informed her that there hasn’t been a war there in decades? War refugees. What a m0r0n.

    • Carla Stixs

      Decades? Honduras had a military coup in 2009!

      • Ben Franklin

        You do realize there is no war in Honduras, right? Or, like Ashlieigh, are you under the impression there is a war going on somewhere south of our borders?

  • apricered

    Banter, you are ‘missing’ the point, because, frankly, you DON’T want to see it!!!! These folks are here at the INVITATION of Obama!!!!! Look at the Gov. web site memo of last Jan. This administration was ALREADY planning for this ‘influx’!! If you bothered to interview any of them, 80%-90% of them will tell you they’re here because they’ve been told IF they make it to the US, they can STAY!!!!!! For job?? That are NOT even available for the rest of the country??? No! For ALL the freebies!!!!

    • Carla Stixs

      Those who transport children across the border for a fee drum up business when they spread lies. They are the one’s responsible for the influx of these children getting across the border not the American political system.

      • apricered

        I stand by my comments. This is NOTHING but, Obama’s political ‘Dream Act’, coming to fruition, by ‘circumventing’ Congress, and giving America the ‘middle finger’!!!!

  • Bosma

    Wow. Serious troll infestation today. With same talking points akimbo too. Impressive…

  • RalphM

    Ok, can she at least make an intelligent and meaningful rant? Has anyone really paid attention to what she said? Garbage! Gibberish!

    To the author of this tripe review: what bomb? She said nothing meaningful or even correct. She’s as stupid and intelligible as most of the hosts at CNN and MSNBC.

  • John Victor

    I WAS/AM ASHAMED OF THE WAY THE PEOPLE IN CALIFORNIA TURNED THE BUSES AWAY.THIS IS NOT A CLEAR YES-NO QUESTION OR ANSWER. I AM A VIETNAM COMBAT VET AND I STILL REGRET OUR TREATMENT OF MANY WHO HELPED US IN THAT MISERABLE WAR.

    • Francisco Balagtas

      Thank you for your service, sir!

      • GALUCKY

        THANK YOU FOR :ACKNOWLEDGING THAT.I SPENT 14 MONTHS OVER THERE.TEN MONTHS IN HEAVY COMBAT-3 MONTHS OUT THRE
        3 DAY BREAKS . I WAS SPIT ON IN THE SAN FRAN AIRPORT BY A YOUNG WOMEN AND DIDN’T KNOW WHY-IT WAS LIKE BEING ON ANOTHER PLANET FOR 14 MONTHS.
        THANKS AGAIN,
        BEST REGARDS,
        JOHN

        • TheReaperD

          The reception you and the other vets returning from Vietnam received was wrong and inexcusable. The problem with the war in Vietnam was Washington D.C. and the defence contractors that payed them so that they could profit from the war. They were the ones that should have been spat on (at the minimum) not you and the other vets. You were screwed by their actions far more than the average American.

  • American Guy

    Ashleigh Banfield is Canadian and really shouldn’t have an opinion at all on U.S. immigration policy. I am a Soldier currently stationed in Kuwait, a veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan with 4 American born kids of my own. Why is a Canadian spouting off about U.S. immigration policy and giving my kids futures away? WTF is wrong with our country? There is no such thing as an undocumented immigrant….there is legal and illegal and we really need to get a handle on this…..send them home!

    • gocart mozart

      “WTF is wrong with our country?”

      Too many people like you.

      • quislinghunter

        You hate the military do you?

      • American Guy

        Another nugget of wisdom from somebody with such insightful posts such as “Poo flinging howler monkeys will fling poo and howl.”

        Well sir I say to you, Poo flinging howler monkeys will fling poo and howl!
        Do you ever actually provide constructive comments or do you just troll around insulting people? A few more people like you in our country and we’ll be in good shape lol.

        • GALUCKY

          Understood.Other than my long and short term memory loss, I am doing fine (except my sight-hence the large print).It is a faux pax.Thank you for the advice.

          • GALUCKY

            Should be to quislinghunter

    • John Victor

      SHE IS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN.

      • quislinghunter

        Born Canadian. Naturalized in 2008…

        • GALUCKY

          POINT TAKEN.YOU ARE CORRECT.I AM A LITTLE (OR A LOT) CONFUSED BY WHAT THAT MEANS EVEN AFTER LOOKING UP THE DEFINITION.

          • quislinghunter

            Married an American and lived here for five years. I understand the confusion. There are many ways to become Naturalized.

          • GALUCKY

            THANK YOU FOR THE EXPLANATION.MOST PEOPLE ON HERE ARE SO ADAMANT THAT THEY FORGET ABOUT COMMON MANNERS AND RESPECT-LIKE CONGRESS.

          • GALUCKY

            COMMON RESPECT FOR OTHERS EVEN IF THE DON’T AGREE.I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH LACK OF DECENCY IN POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS.

          • quislinghunter

            My pleasure. May I offer to point out with no intention of condemnation. When all capital letters are used on a blog, it is considered shouting. You’ll notice some people will capitalize a word for emphasis of their point, but all caps are considered rude. Just friendly advice. Have a great day and enjoy….

          • GALUCKY

            Understood.Other than my long and short term memory loss, I am doing fine (except my sight-hence the large print).It is a faux pax.Thank you for the advice.

      • American Guy

        Born in Canada. Canadian/American? See most of us don’t have another Country to run too when this one goes third world.

        • GALUCKY

          Tomorrow? Take care of yourself over there.
          I agree about the Israeli’s stance. If a country was lobbying rockets on the USA we would react much more forcefully.

    • ResCogitans

      I think you’re the one that needs to get a grip.

      • American Guy

        So I pulled this out of one of your previous posts…

        “Given the behavior of the Zionist oppressors in Israel against Palestinian Arabs in a land that has a documented history of Arab rather than Jewish settlement”
        I have this general rule of thumb that I follow that generally I don’t care about the opinions of anyone that use the word “Zionist”. I’d be interested to know if you think the holocaust was real? I know it was and think the Israeli’s have shown incredible restraint over the years given their history.
        I think I’ve got a pretty good grip…now let’s send these poor kids back to their parents.

        • ResCogitans

          You want to troll my comments, “soldier”, that’s your business. I don’t need to peruse your history to see you for an arrogant, Israel-protecting fool. I’d suggest that you look up the history of “Zionism” but, since you can’t be corrected, you’d better stick with your Ann Coulter books instead. Reflexive accusations of anti-Semitism is just about as shallow as it gets. The only kids you care about are the one hiding under Netanyahu’s skirt.

          • American Guy

            Corrected about what? You didn’t even make a point in your original comment to me other than make a witty quip with nothing substantive (which makes you arrogant), so of course I am going to look up your posting history.
            I am in the middle east as we speak and have crossed the Atlantic no less than 20 times so my opinion isn’t one formed via the internet, it’s from actually visiting places like Jordan, Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Afghanistan…I’ve met plenty of middle eastern people that I like…most notably the ones that aren’t shooting at me.
            The reason I called you out is that there are many fanatics such as you (I just watched a press TV broadcast this morning with people just like you) that are quite anti-Semite and don’t even acknowledge it. You know how I know you are anti-Semite?…because I don’t even give a crap about Israel and am just calling it how I see it….and this is an opinion formed watching Al Jazeera and PressTV. I’m sure you know what news sources those are…one is a state sponsored news source.
            Also the reason you are afraid to attempt correcting me isn’t because I can’t be corrected, it’s because your afraid I’ll expose you for the scum you are. For instance my original post that got you all fired up was in reference to U.S. immigration policy, are you even a U.S. citizen?

  • deandome

    Utter tripe; if their goal was to get out of the violence in their home countries, then that goal was achieved the moment they crossed into Mexico.

    The fact they continued on for 1000 miles or whatnot clearly shows what their real goals were.

  • Jeff Ames

    So this is where Tommy landed…
    Hello. Goodbye.

  • Buck Disqus

    Complete hogwash. Central America is NOT a war zone, these families have been saving up for years to risk their kids lives and send them here TO SEND MONEY BACK, to continue / start chain migration that will continue to depress wages of already low wage / highly unemployed American hispanics and blacks.

    Too bad these families didn’t use the money they saved to build a small business or organize to change their own countries.

    They are being coached / carrying pre-printed lists of what to say to ICE and obama-polishing dupes like Banfield, everyone knows this is all about swelling the voting rolls with DEMmigrants so stop BSing America

    Obama / ICE / DHS planned this as late as last January when they put out an RFI for escorts for over 60,000 Unaccompanied Alien Children:

    1.usa.gov/VdA2Lg

    EVERY serious poll shows Americans do NOT want your BS “comprehensive immigration reform” because they know it means flooding the country with millions of more uneducated, unvaccinated, un-investigated people when REAL unemployment is still way too high and millions of people were forced to under 30/week jobs because of the job-killing obamacare rollout, and because they know the far-left controlled DNC and their RINO associates will NEVER secure the borders.

    So BACK OFF, and send these kids home

  • Tiger184

    First of all, she is a Canadian citizen so why don’t we just send them on their way to Canada, ‘eh?
    Secondly, I haven’t seen Banfield take any ILLEGALS into HER HOME – or any of the rest of YOU calling names and declaring the people in CA haters because they don’t want disease ridden ILLEGALS parked in their hometown with the diseased ILLEGAL children going to school with their children.

    • S. Phillips

      I wouldn’t want my children exposed to your children, as a matter of fact. Your sort of bigotry tends to get passed down from generation to generation. These kids would probably get your “protection” if they were still zygotes.

      • Tiger184

        Come back and tell us that when your kids come down with some disease from these ILLEGALS.

        • Carla Stixs

          It turns out that President Obama never said “I don’t do photo-ops.” What he said was that with respect to solving the humanitarian crisis on the southern border he is “not interested in photo-ops.” And sure enough, he’s not doing a photo-op on the border. Which makes him—and I know this will break conservatives hearts across the nation—not a liar.

        • Alex

          Pretty sure he is allowed to visit without allowing the press in to take pictures

    • Carla Stixs

      “diseased ILLEGAL children” …..Wow I am
      embarrassed by you and nauseated by your cruel and thoughtless remarks and your consuming hate, but I do not hate you. I forgive you and I hope you can change someday, but I don’t hate you. You have enough hate in you for the rest of us as it is.

      Think Good Thoughts.

      Thoughts become words.

      Words become actions.

      Actions become habits.

      Habits become character.

      Character becomes destiny.

      • Tiger184

        For the record, I don’t hate the ILLEGALS. I do hate what is being done to our country. And if you can’t see that. If you are so blind to what is happening, I truly feel sorry for you.

        • Carla Stixs

          Our country is becoming better and the racist, and bigots are now more exposed. What have these poor children done that you are feeling so much pain for America? We budget for illegals every year. America is not hurting in any way by these children. This is a very small amount according to America’s previous history of illegal immigration and migration.

          Migration is one of the common phenomena on earth!

          • Tiger184

            Last time I reply to you because I can see it is going nowhere.

            Carla Stixs said: “America is not hurting in any way by these children.”
            Are you that obtuse? Or are you just trying to post something to get a response?
            Do you NOT watch the news? Do you NOT read news on the internet?
            These “children” are disease ridden.

            These children are bringing in diseases that we have
            eradicated decades ago, including polio and tuberculosis and scabies. “The amount of tuberculosis is astonishing,” one health care provider told me.

            And just so you know, not all of the ILLEGALS are “children”. There are gang members. There are people from the Middle East. People from China. All adults and freely crossing our open borders.

            People – now that they know Obama is doing nothing to stop them – are RENTING CHILDREN to get into the U.S.

            They are raping the children on the way here and now those children (the real children) are showing up at the border HIV positive.

            If none of this concerns you, then YOU are a horrible
            person. YOU are willing to endanger Americans because you are too lazy to find out the truth about what is happening.

            So don’t give me your canned answer that you memorized like
            a little drone.
            Do yourself a favor. Go out and educate yourself.

  • Harry

    Really? A war zone? Is that a joke?

  • aynwrong

    Well said. Very well said.

  • Bryan Mason

    So many liberal idiots, so little time. Sigh. We are indeed circling the drain thanks to people like you folks. It’s Reagan’s fault, its Bush’s fault…nope Obama has nothing to do with anything…right.

    • Bosma

      Right..versus what you what to do which is blame obama for policies that were implemented by the guy you voted for and are blaming obama for and then declare that he should be impeached for, so that eventually you can vote in one of your guys who will implement the same policy the same way that obama did–and not bat a fuckin eye over it. Thanks for playing…

  • bigdo

    Listen to all these ppl, fat and sassy, complaining about strained resources and worrying about whether they’ll have enough for themselves… Lol… Wow… Humans… These are children and ya’ll wanna turn your backs!? On children? Fuck it, even if they weren’t, they’re human beings in need of help like Mrs. Banfield pointed out..

    There’s more than enough to help everyone out in this country that needs it and then some, but we’re going to have to get together and put some pressure on these 1%er muthafuckas who are housing all the resources and leaving us to fight over the rest… I’m down for that… ARE U??

    • OHIO GAL

      The money is borrowed

      • Bosma

        Pithy..

        • OHIO GAL

          and true.

          • Bosma

            …yet pithy and general…

          • 624LC .

            Don’t blame Ohio gal. She was there in the front lines protesting when billions were wasted in Iraq. She was calling for investigations when , in 2008, irresponsible policies decimated peoples savings. She protested Congress’s waste of money on political stunts and… oh wait….

      • Carla Stixs

        Show me the proof…….

        • OHIO GAL

          Look at the deficit

    • don

      Your heart is in the right place but don’t confuse money with something else. Money is power, not food. If Wall Street was printing meat and potatoes we wouldn’t have a problem. Things are not as “flush” as they seem. For instance, if the trucks quit rolling into Southern California it has about a four days food supply. That’s pretty thin.

      • bigdo

        So ironic you mention produce from Southern California and food trucks… Who do you think pretell, is responsible for getting the country it’s produce from a ground level basis? Immigrant labor is the driving force behind a lot of you gettin your food trucks filled..for decades it’s been this way. And yet, no sympathy for their children…

        • don

          I don’t think anyone is doubting that a vast majority of these people and the people who came before then work hard and are valuable human beings. And, we, as Americans have given to them as well. What is fair and just? That is the tough question.

    • Tiger184

      “These are children and ya’ll wanna turn your backs!? On children?”
      Hey! Their own parents did!
      And just for the record, more than half are not “children” which is why no one is allowed to take pictures. A lot of them are MS-13 gang members as well as WHO knows what else since there is absolutely NO ONE stopping anyone in this cluster.

    • American Guy

      Get a skill Paco? We’ll fight but it’ll be me and you.

      • bigdo

        i’ll take those odds Billy Bob… lol… and your everyday racist assumptions are the most amusing part of my day thus far….

        • American Guy

          OK. I’ll play? Name one thing that you have ever done for this country and I’ll apologize.

  • Lionstar

    That’s all fine and dandy, after we fix the economy, all unemployed American citizens are back to work, our homeless veterans are homeless no more and have proper medical treatment without being put on a waiting list to die, and our national debt is under control.

    Untill then Ashleigh we cannot afford the strain to the already extremely limited resources available for our own American children.

    • gocart mozart

      As if you care about any of that.

  • doncalls

    There has always been crime and poverty there,there is no sudden huge increase and as far as warzones etc there is over twenty eight countries with some form of war at what point is enough?

  • don

    OK, folks. You have to think this thing through. If you declare these people refugees from a war zone then you also have to acknowledge WHY. Why is there suddenly a refugee problem on the border? What are they escaping from? If you follow the logic then you might start to question foreign policy priorities. I am not opposed. In fact I think it is a about time. But, I am opposed to saying things are just dandy with the US and World economy and all is well and then saying “wow there is a significant new refugee problem on the Southern border we have to deal with but I am not going to ask why”. Either its big or it isn’t and this “not in my political backyard” attitude on both sides is bullshit. Does America take care of these children. You bet we do. Take a look at Elementary schools across the Southwest. Nobody should hang their head. That is not the issue.

    Where is the President on this? Could there be a bigger issue? Obama playing pool in Colorado? I don’t think this is Obama’s Katrina moment I think we are watching Obama reading “My Pet Goat”.

    • 624LC .

      Spare us you “deep thoughts”. The only thing you wingnut asses care about is to turn this into some ” just like bush moment” to take away from the utter failure of the bush era. If you gave one shit about foreign policy or immigration policy in this country, you would pressuring your GOP representatives to stop playing to the idiots in your base and do something. But, as you show time and time again, you are not that deep.

      • don

        I am not a wingnut, nor a Republican. You have only one tune. Too bad its always out-of-key.

        • 624LC .

          Considering it is in response to your bullshit production “it’s always obama’s fault”, my tune is appropriate.

    • Tommygun

      Guess you should have taken it up with Bush & all those members of Congress with an “R” after their name back in 2008 when they passed the law saying minors from certain key Central American countries (namely the ones that have been collapsing since the puppet dictators the US installed have been losing power) had the right to a hearing to determine their refugee status. That’s ALL those children are waiting for – their day in court as guaranteed by the LAW enacted by the Bush administration. That’s one of the things that’s so incredibly STUPID about the racist screaming themselves red-faced in the streets – they are stopping those women & children from being processed & a majority of them from being returned. That’s right – a majority WILL be denied & deported, but only after the woefully underfunded system the House pubs won’t vote to fund & Senate pubs keep filibustering, has given them their hearing AS REQUIRED BY LAW.

      • don

        When are you going to quit waiting for someone else to tell you “you are failing”? The Republicans are stupid. That is why I voted for Obama twice. We get it. So, now what are you going to do? At some point “complainers” have to turn into “doers”. Obama has been President for five and half years. He has addressed the American people from the oval office only twice. He has not cultivated any relationship with anybody and he wonders why he fails. He keeps seeing every issue through the looking glass of what congress won’t let him do. Part of being President is interpreting events and creating policy that relates to problems and the explaining them to the American People. Not the Republicans. Not the Democrats. If he makes sense we will follow and support him. Instead, he just reacts like he is on a blog whining about some subconscious bias that may or may not exist but it sure gives him an excuse to fail. Do you really think that Americans trying to survive and make ends meet really give a shit about who is on first and what is on second in the Washington game? Yes, its difficult. So what? Its time for him to Man up and lead or he and the rest of us will be run over by events.

        • gocart mozart

          So, more executive orders? I agree with you. I don’t understand why he has signed so few compared to other Presidents.

      • Harry

        Go read your law – it expired in 2011. Stop blaming Bush, it doesn’t work here.

        • 624LC .

          No it does. Because it is reality. Sorry that you can’t gloss over it.

          • Joe

            How does it work if the bill expired in 2011?

          • 624LC .

            Let me ask you-for you have even the basic level of understanding civics? What branch of government is responsible for legislative action? Or has the Obama derangement syndrome felled another dummy? The congress has been asked to step up but to appease fools like you, they are sitting on their hands.

          • gocart mozart

            Because it didn’t, read a little more carefully.
            http://www.state.gov/j/tip/laws/

        • Tommygun

          So when the pubs refused to negotiate a new budget year after year, no one got paid? WRONG. These types of laws don’t “expire” if they pass their date for replacement or renewal, they stand until replaced or renewed in their present form. How far did you get in grade school? Because this is 9th grade level material here.

  • Aaron Litz

    That was just beautiful.

  • Col Klink

    unconvinced. Their nations have been in turmoil for over a century with no refugee asylum offered in the USA; why change today?

  • Barbara Striden

    What is the standard international protocol for handling refugees?

  • judi

    Let’s all give CHRIS the TROLL a hand on his work here today………

    • D_C_Wilson

      How about I just give him a finger?

      • judi

        That’ll work, too.

  • harmonikasavingsbond

    She just got blackballed from ever joining FOX “News”.

    • David McClary Norton

      She has too much integrity to be on Fox Noise.

      • harmonikasavingsbond

        Money buys that in America.

        • OHIO GAL

          Ask Immelt

  • Neddy Merrill

    This unsavory episode, the CA bus incident and those hellbent on turning away refuges, reminds me of the MS St Louis indecent where the US, and other countries, refused to accept Jews trying to escape Germany. That was an unforgivable. So too is the hatred
    expressed toward these desperate people.

    • doncalls

      Put down the pipe and you’re description is an insult to Jews.

      • 624LC .

        Who are you talking to? None of that made a lick of sense. Quit huffing glue.

        • Buck Disqus

          Talking to YOU and that other idiot who are comparing this mass planned influx of low wage DEMmigrants to Jews escaping concentration camps in Nazi Germany.

          Maybe you should put down the bong.

          • 624LC .

            Why is that a terrible comparison? Government brutality against its people is not unique to nazi Germany. If you are going to be an obtuse asshat, Fox News has a comment board.

          • Alex

            Do you really have to ask why it is a terrible comparison? Which Central American government is committing genocide against an entire race of people, killing millions of them in the process?

          • 624LC .

            Granted, folks are not bring marched into concentration camps. But the history of some of these South American countries has been fraught with massacres of its people by governments. he holocaust, as horrible it was, is not only example of it. Why don’t you tucking learn a little history before you start lecturing folks here?

          • Alex

            I’m pretty sure every country has seen massacres by those in power, but then again if you know history you already know that. The point is there are obviously different degrees and the current situation in Central (not South) America is in no way comparable to the holocaust.
            I would say something about lecturing folks but you already took care of that.

          • 624LC .

            Since you are an expert on this matter, you should be able to explain the situation in Central America and what are differences. I mean, real examples. Not your asswipe generalizations. We ‘ll wait.

    • SOMFOM

      Here’s an idea. Instead of asking the folks living on the border to accept the hoards of illegals coming into their towns and yards why don’t you, Ashleigh Banfield and the rest of your ilk volunteer to accept these “desperate” people into YOUR towns and homes? I’m not joking here. Put your money where your mouth is Neddy.

    • Carla Stixs

      Good thing these people weren’t around during California’s gold rush. The non-native population of the California territory was some 100,000…….

      • Alex

        How is Americans moving to an American territory (CA became an American territory with the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo in February of 1848) anything like the current situation? In case you were not aware, gold wasn’t found at Sutter’s Mill until January 24,1948, and news of the find took awhile to make its way to the rest of the country. People did not start arriving until late 1948 and early 1949 (thus the reason the miners were known as 49ers).

        • Carla Stixs

          I said non-native population of the California territory was some 100,000…….

  • http://twitter.com/Chris_1791 Chris

    Since Ashleigh Banfield isn’t even American and sees no problem with hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants then send them to HER COUNTRY OF CANADA.

    • JozefAL

      Sorry, Chris, but Ashleigh is as American as Arnold Schwarzenegger and Rupert Murdoch. She became a naturalized US citizen in 2008.

    • Aaron Litz

      I’m sure they would much rather go to Canada than here, if they had the choice. Land of the Free, Home of the Brave, where All Men are Created Equal… except those dirty foreigners across the border! They can burn! I got mine, so they can fuck off!

      Tell me, how did your ancestors get here? I’m sure every one of them were kings who evolved on this very land. And, of course, you have a Divine Right to live here.

      You smug, heartless, ignominious twit.

    • laserbabe

      another Ugly America weighs in and shows why the world thinks we are arrogant, ignorant, and boorish. Thanks, Chris.

    • 624LC .

      Don’t you have something to do? Like continuing to disappoint your parents ?

    • Tommygun

      Only if she takes her countryman TED CRUZ along with her.

    • gocart mozart

      She’s a better American than you Chris. At least she believes in justice, fairness and due process.

  • http://twitter.com/Chris_1791 Chris

    Obama is going to spend (our taxpayers money) $80,000 per illegal immigrant. Its cheaper and better for all to send then back with money in their pockets by plane.

    • Sean Richardson

      Can you cite the specific part of your butt where you found that statistic?

    • 624LC .

      You sound bitter. No allowance from mom and dad this week?

    • Tommygun

      Please post links to your rants posted back in 2008 when Congressional pubs passed & BUSH signed the LAW he championed which requires the government to give children from certain Central American countries seeking asylum as refugees a lawyer & a hearing. What part of LEGAL PROCESS do you not understand?

      • Harry

        Bush’s bill expired in 2011 – read before rehashing inaccurate talking points.

        • gocart mozart

          Learn to read before rehashing inaccurate talking points.

        • Tommygun

          Check again, sparky. The bill expired – that was the date for passage. Once passed into LAW it stands, even if it passes a deadline for renewal/replace/repealed until it is renewed or replaced, or repealed by Congress. Did Congress repeal it? Has the pub dominated House done ANYTHING to renew, replace or repeal the law? NO. They are incapable of doing anything. The law stands.

  • William Murphy

    She’s a Canadian. Deport her…

    • JozefAL

      Rupert Murdoch’s Australian. Deport him and confiscate all the property he owns in the US.

      Works both ways, troll. Works both ways.

      • laserbabe

        and don’t forget Raphael Cruz and Marco Rubio.

      • Harry

        Says the administration supporter of whose country has a massive wait list of engineers and other PhD’s that will never see this country unless they fly to Mexico and enter illegally.

    • 624LC .

      First, can we get a refund for whatever money was spent on maintaining your existence?

  • m2old4bs

    This is not an illegal immigration issue. These people are refugees. Wish more in the media would define it as it truly is.

    • http://twitter.com/Chris_1791 Chris

      What are are they ‘refugees’ from? NOTHING has changed in Central America in decades. Obama wants more democrat voters.

      • PoliticallyJadedNow

        That’s right nothing’s changed in Central America. They have the US to thank for that too. Reagan unleashed the hounds of hell on those countries.

        http://www.alternet.org/noam-chomsky-nuclear

        • OHIO GAL

          Go further back.

      • Francisco Balagtas

        Chris, oh dear Chris! So naive of the world outside your “MURICA!!!!! What is indeed happening to Central America, and in that token, to the rest of the world? My dear Chris…..YOUR beloved president DUBYA was the one who enacted an ACT that will consider those immigrants who come to American soil from non-contiguous countries are to be processed as refugees and are to be let in to the “land of the free”. Or is THAT act Presiden Obama’s?

        BTW, this is from FOX News :

        SAN JOSE, Costa Rica – United Nations officials are pushing for many of the Central Americans fleeing to the U.S. to be treated as refugees displaced by armed conflict, a designation meant to increase pressure on the United States to accept tens of thousands of people currently ineligible for asylum.

        Officials with the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees say they hope to see a regional agreement on that status Thursday when migration and interior department representatives from the U.S., Mexico, and Central America meet in Nicaragua. The group will discuss updating a 30-year-old declaration regarding the obligations nations have to aid refugees.

        While such a resolution would lack any legal weight in the United States, the agency said it believes “the U.S. and Mexico should recognize that this is a refugee situation, which implies that they shouldn’t be automatically sent to their home countries but rather receive international protection.”

        Most of the people widely considered to be refugees by the international community are fleeing more traditional political or ethnic conflicts like those in Syria or the Sudan. Central Americans would be among the first modern migrants considered refugees because they are fleeing violence and extortion at the hands of criminal gangs.

        Open your eyes, Chris! And for once, be critical! Or are you trolls incapable of critical thinking? OH WAIT…..do you even THINK AT ALL?

        • Harry

          Bush’s bill expired in 2011, quit being ignorant and restating democrat talking points.

          • Carla Stixs

            The bill has not expired. Please provide proof if you truly believe it has expired. H.R. 7311 was originally pushed by a bipartisan coalition of lawmakers to combat sex trafficking, the bill gave substantial new protections to children entering the country alone who were not from Mexico or Canada by prohibiting them from being quickly sent back to their country of origin. William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008, named for a 19th-century British abolitionist. “This program has been very effective around the world in trying to stop trafficking in persons.”
            The legislation, enacted quietly during the transition to the Obama administration, and is at the root of the potentially calamitous flow of unaccompanied minors to the nation’s southern border.

            The most important issue is these are children that need our help. If you were a child living in a war zone, poverty, etc. would you stay or do what these children did. I would be finding my way to America too!

          • Joe

            2011 expiration below:

            “An Act to authorize appropriations for fiscal years 2008 through 2011 for the Trafficking Victims Protection Act of 2000, to enhance measures to combat trafficking in persons, and for other purposes.”

            http://www.state.gov/j/tip/laws/113178.htm

          • gocart mozart

            The key word is “appropriations” or funding. The act is still the law.
            See here: http://www.state.gov/j/tip/laws/

          • apricered

            That ‘bill’ was for the ‘protection’ of children in the ‘sex-trade’ industry!!! Can you ‘provide proof’ that ALL these children are victims of that trade?????

          • gocart mozart

            You alter facts to suit your agenda I see. You make a good little Republican.

          • Francisco Balagtas

            What expired bill are you talking about, Harry????? William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of
            2008 which was passed by boh House ofCongess and Senate in janury 2008 and signed by then president George Bush Jr. was, and still is, the law of the land. The GOP really wants to twist the truth to make it sound real….sorry to say, but I can’t quit something that I am NOT, so better rethink your talking points.

        • OHIO GAL

          Actually, the law states the top priority is to repatriate those children to their country
          of origin.

          • Francisco Balagtas

            Actually, the law states the top priority is to repatriate those children coming from countries which are not in the watch list for 2 years to be repatriated back to their countries of origin. Those coming from NON-CONTiGUOUS countries (i.e. CENTRAL AMERICA), will have to be processed as refugees based on HR 7311 and their countries of origin must be in the watch list for at least 2 years for these children migrants to be proven beyond doubt to be victims of abuse or violence.

          • OHIO GAL

            And?

          • Francisco Balagtas

            …and, if the refugee status is justified, they are then allowed to stay in the country legally…..go in to mainstream society, and contribute to the system….

          • OHIO GAL

            I know that. I was wondering why you posted it to me.

        • gocart mozart

          What, Obama is enforcing the LAW! IMPEACH NOW!

      • laserbabe

        oh right. cause he can be elected again and again by toddlers.

      • Tommygun

        They are seeking refugee status from the Central American countries that are collapsing after the puppet dictators your false god Reagan (the guy who REALLY granted amnesty to illegals) installed and/or propped up have been deposed. That’s why Congressional pubs passed & Bush signed the law he championed requiring children from these countries be granted a hearing back in 2008. If the white supremacists weren’t turning buses away from the processing centers, a majority of those children would be leaving the country sooner because a majority won’t get refugee status in their hearing as REQUIRED BY BUSH’s 2008 LAW. Why do you hate the American legal process?

      • gocart mozart

        Illegal immigrant children can’t vote you moron.

      • Milord Cutter

        What are they refugees from? Certain death for many, torture for many, hopelessness for most. I’m sick of the BS RWNJ talking points. Try reading the inscription on the Statue of Liberty. And try getting your information from someone other than Faux Noise or Not-so-Breitbart. Your ODR adds nothing to the conversation.

      • bigdo

        someone don’t know shit about Central America and just put his foot in his mouth… *points and laughs*

    • OHIO GAL

      They are not refugees.

      • Bosma

        They are refugees.

        • OHIO GAL

          So were the Boston bombers.

          And besides, the “refugee” label is more of a political weapon under these circumstances than a legal one.

          • Carla Stixs

            Refugees move out of fear or necessity. For example, to flee persecution, or because their homes have been destroyed in a natural disaster. Refugees are forced to relocate for reasons such as fear of persecution due to war, religion or political opinion. From refugee camp to a third country. Usually cannot return to ones own country.

            Refugees move out of fear or necessity. For example, to flee persecution, or because their homes have been destroyed in a natural disaster.

            Immigrants are subject to the laws of their adopted country. They may only come if they have work or a place to live.

            Immigrants are usually driven by economic factors, or they want to be close to family.

            Immigrants can usually find a home in their new country.

            Defined by the United Nations

          • OHIO GAL

            I don’t care about the UN

          • Larry

            Are you saying that they were refugees when they fled the terror in their homeland and entered Mexico, but they became immigrants, when they decided to leave Mexico and enter the USA to be close to family or to take advantage of the benefits offered by the USA. If so,then they should be labeled as an undocumented immigrants.

          • Bosma

            No, you idiot, they were students, same as the 9/11 hijackers…

            By the way, did you just compare children crossing a border with terrorists who blew up some people from my hometown? And didn’t you chastise someone earlier for comparing something to hitler..? Fuck you, troll…

          • OHIO GAL

            Wrong Kiddo, they were living in the U.S. after being granted refugee status in 2002. The 9-11 hi-jackers overstayed their student visas.
            Scroll up Sonny, read slowly and then bend over.

          • Bosma

            Wrong, midwest cornpone. Their parents were granted refugee status in 2002. They came over later. Stop reading the Breitbart.com version of that. But I understand what you are driving at, you are attempting to conflate ALL refugee status people with terrorist. Fine, you know who else are commonly associated with terrorism? Right-wing nut jobs as yourself. Timothy McVeigh was a right-wing Turner Diary/Bible thumping hillbilly much like yourself, so that means you are probably a terrorist. I hope they catch you soon…

          • OHIO GAL

            They lived with their family in Kyrgyzstan and traveled as a family to the US where they were granted refugee status. Write it down so you don’t forget.
            Your strawman arguments are tiresome, as are your weak attempts at moving goalposts.
            I am an atheist, born & raised in Chicago. The only gun I own takes glue sticks.
            Bigoted assumption; the Mother of all ƒųckups, eh Kiddo?
            FYI: My source is not Breitbart Nancy Drew, keep guessing.

          • Bosma

            You don’t sound very confident there. Breitbart Nancy Drew sounds about right for you. You don’t even know what a straw man argument is…

          • OHIO GAL

            Keep dodging Dweezil, it’s all you have.

          • Bosma

            You conflated refugees with terrorists. You are the one dodging…

          • OHIO GAL

            Nope, that was you lil fella.
            I merely pointed out a fact and you got greedy and ran with it.
            Don’t blame others for your failures.

          • Bosma

            Do you wanna make out, Cornpone? Seriously? Thanks for the follow on my account, by the way. You must secretly love me or self-loathe you…

        • apricered

          That was in Saul Alinsky’s book, that BO ‘taught’ while in ‘college’. The left must ‘change the language’ to make it more palatable to the masses’!!! Thus, we have “Refugees”, instead of ‘Illegal Aliens’!!! The ‘lefties love that stuff!! Makes them look so ‘noble’!!!

          • Francisco Balagtas

            REFUGEES have been a word since time immemorial…..you Obama haters are just so rabid with hate and bigotry that you get blinded by the truth! And you keep insisting the Obama government is a LEFTIST government…..you have to live in a leftist country or even a fascist/dictatorial government to even know how it is like….but until you have done that, all you should do is shut your mouth about ideologies you never even dreamed or experienced!

          • Alex

            Yes, refugee has been a word since time immemorial. That doesn’t mean you can just change the definition to include everyone growing up outside a developed country. Even the Irish immigrants during the potato famine were called immigrants, not refugees, even though they were escaping an actual natural disaster.

          • Francisco Balagtas

            I wish you would take time and check the definition of refugee.
            To quote your statement : “even the irish immigrants…..were called immigrants, not refugees even though they were escaping an actual natural disaster”. I actually fell off my chair laughing at that statement! Escaping from a natural disaster does NOT make you a refugee!!!!! A refugee is someone escaping from a country fr fear of war and persecution — may it be religious or political.

          • Alex

            Yeah that was ridiculous of me…

            http://lmgtfy.com/?q=refugee

          • apricered

            Thank you! You have just ‘proved my point’!!!!

          • gocart mozart

            Needs more explanation points and you forgot to say BENGHAZI! Some troll you are.

          • apricered

            Sorry! BENGHAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

          • Bosma

            I love your ‘noble’ use of ‘ironic’ ‘outrage quotes’, I am ‘so’ ‘not familiar’ with those.

            Actually, I love how you trolls come on comment boards like this as if you are going to educate us flaming liberals with stories of who Saul Alinsky was, as if we have never heard of him. Bless all your SarahPalinLevelretard hearts…

            As if the right wing doesn’t use “Saul Alinsky book” tactics.
            You talk about how the left ‘changed the language’ as if you were totally asleep for the last 40 years. Quote—-

            “You start out in 1954 saying -’nigger-nigger-nigger’, by 1968 you can’t say ‘Nigger’; that would backfire on you so you say things like forced busing, states rights, and all that stuff”

            -Lee Atwater, architect of the Reagan, Bush 1 and best friend of George W Bush and Karl Rove.

            Sounds very “Alinsky-esque” doesn’t it? That is where the right wing starts using terms such as “Cadillac Queen”, “Young Buck”, “THAT Obama” etc. Not to mention similar bullshit when it comes to Foreign policy where you right wingers talk about spying on americans as being the “Patriot Act” or as torturing foreign combatants as “Enhanced Interrogation Techniques”. OR as scaring americans to go along with your trillion dollar war of adventurism as- “Well, they are keeping us safe here while protecting us over there” (<–which, apparently is something Obama isn't doing, according to you, even though THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HE IS DOING).

            I got much more and could go on forever with your hypocrisy, but won't. But, yeah, tell me more about those "Saul Alinsky book" teaching stuff….

            ….and this is where you respond to me, stupidly telling me that you NEVER voted for Bush/Cheney and that you are an "independent". OR you tell me that you are a "Conservative" NOT a "Republican" (because, for some reason, there is a difference between the two). Because, yes, that is Alinsky-esque use of language too…ass…..

          • apricered

            Ummm, seems like I ‘hit’ a nerve; or, something!! Didn’t understand a thing you said, but, thanks for the ‘rant’ anyway!!!!

          • Bosma

            Ummm, seems like you don’t know the proper use of ‘outrage quotes’. Is that ‘deliberate’, like all those misspelled tea bagger ‘protest’ signs? I hope you can get help with that. That would also explain your not understanding the crux of my rant. I hope that helps. Thanks for playing…

          • apricered

            I expect nothing less from a ‘low-no-info’ voter like you. When you do become a ‘grown-up’, maybe we can have a more ‘intelligent’ conversation! Til then, have a ‘nice life’!!!!

          • Bosma

            What does ‘low-no-info’ voter even mean? That sounds very childish. Anyone who can speak directly without the use of outrage quotes must be a child. Do you know what projection is?

          • OHIO GAL

            How ever do you get your huge head through a door Sonny?

            Scalpel not a sledgehammer.
            You’re welcome.

          • Bosma

            Stalker. Go follow someone else, Cornpone…

          • OHIO GAL

            You can dish it out but can’t take it, eh Pajama Boy?

          • Bosma

            Hahahahaha…..oh corny….

          • Bosma

            I’m sorry, you said something about dishing?

            Freak….

          • Guest

          • OHIO GAL

            I rest my case.

          • Bosma

            You never had one. I made sure of that, now stop following me…

          • Guest

            I can dish this to prove to anyone who cares that you are a trolling, following lonely codependent psychopath. Nuked……

          • Bosma

      • gocart mozart

        “They are not refugees because I don’t like them.” is not actually a very strong argument on your part.

        • OHIO GAL

          I didn’t write what you claim, try again

      • Francisco Balagtas

        If a person, child or adult, tries to enter the US — land of the supposedly free — because he/she feard severe physical/mental abuse, torture or even impending death from his/her country of origin…..what do you call that person? No, let’s be dang honst about this! It wouldn’t matter if this person, child or adult, came from Mexico…..or Central America…..or Africa…or even frigging Canada!!!!! or even Europe or Asia!!!! What do you call this person? And et us be LEGAL about this, please. Just so we can be clear what these children migrants are.

        • apricered

          ‘Dupes’!!! There. Fixed it for ya!! Take off your ‘leftie glasses’ and see this for what it is!! A political game of Obama’s to ‘flood the zone’ with future Lib/Dem voters, paid for by the American Taxpayer!!!

          • Francisco Balagtas

            So how long till these children/refugees get to the voting age before they can vote OBAMA???? By then, we will have another DEM president….and another one and another because GOP is DEAD!!!!! Americans are NOT STUPID not to see that the GOP is trying to create a FASCIST/OLIGARCH society…..if you happen to know what an oligarchy is read about the FRENCH revolution…..and sorry to disappointyou, but it was actually DUBYA who signed HR7311 into law…..NOT Obama…..so there you go! Between you and me…..it is clear who is DUPED!

          • apricered

            First of all, I don’t think I ever said they’d be “voting for Obama”! But, it’s a HIGH probability that they will vote Dem/Lib!! Now, as to your ‘charge’ of GOP creating “Fascist/Oligarch”, ‘changhing the ‘language, and the subject’, is right out of Saul Alinsky playbook!! Which you are trying to do here. But, I will play along!! What BO is doing, is closer to ‘Communist/Socialist/Crony Capitalism’!! “It was Santayana who said that, in every generation we face a barbarian threat in our own children” , and you, sir?, have proved that point!!!

          • Francisco Balagtas

            Your trolling is perfect as your rants do not make any sense at all! I could NEVER fathom your undertanding of crony capitalism co-existing with socialism/capitalism because, honestly, they are ideologically poles apart! UNLESS of course you are talking about China, which, for all intellectual purposes, is NOT communism. From the very root word — communal — communism means no separation of society by classes : ALL have equal shares of the economic pie, so to speak. If you believe otherwise, then you are taught wrong. And unless you have lived part of your lifetime in a fascist/oligarch/dictatorial society (as I have!), then you will never understand what the words coming from your mouth mean! You keep mentioning Saul Alinsky like you know everything about him — but do you, really? When one espouses helping make the lives of the poor better, or to help organize the fringes of society so they can integrate and become contributors to an organization, you call that evil? Remember that Alinsky also said, when interviewed if he was ever going to join ANY political party or if he is up to establish a communist party — and I quote : “The greatest crimes in history have been perpetrated by such religious and political and racial fanatics, from the persecutions of the Inquisition on down to Communist purges and Nazi genocide”. And since we are ranting about the “faults” of the Dem//Lib….may I tease your pseudo-critical troll brain by saying : JESUS IS THE GREATEST LIBERAL OF ALL TIMES! Read your New testament and see understand WHY that is a fact!

          • apricered

            Ya know, I was gonna ‘ignore’ all your ‘mind-less’ ramblings and chock it up to ‘prog-bot’ trying to defend the ‘indefensible’ (nothing new there!). But, then ya had to ‘go there’, didn’t ya!! JESUS was NOT a ‘liberal’, far from it!!! But, he IS in the ‘liberating business’!!! Freeing us from SIN!! I could quote Jn. 3:16, but, I prefer to start at Jn. 3:13-20. I will NOT use the scriptures as a ‘battering ram’!! And, with that, I’m done!!! Have a nice life!!!! P.S., your Saul Alinsky, ‘dedicated his book, to— ‘Lucifer’!!!

        • OHIO GAL

          They are illegal aliens.
          Canada to Scale Back Foreign Worker Program

          http://online.wsj.com/articles/canada-to-scale-back-foreign-worker-program-1403296613

      • swift_4

        Please cite evidence.

        • OHIO GAL

          The issue of ‘permisos’ was the main reason provided by 95% of the interviewed
          subjects

          • swift_4

            That’s not actually citing evidence. That’s making an unsupported statement.

            So you are saying 95% of the children who arrived without parents said they did it because they thought they were going to get a notice to appear for deportation that is issued to adult women with children? Tell me how that makes sense.

          • OHIO GAL

            Yes Sonny it is evidence, as stated by US Border agents.
            Own it

          • swift_4

            First, when you resort to condescending nicknames, it’s a sign you know your factual position isn’t sound.

            Second, it’s evidence if you can provide a link to the first hand source. Otherwise, it’s hearsay.

            Third, you completely ignored everything I’ve said. That’s confirmation bias. Here is a link that describes it:

            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

          • OHIO GAL

            No Kiddo, it’s fact.

            If my dog could type he could change wiki entries.

    • ZeitTrash

      There is NOTHING the left won’t attempt to manipulate by way of games with language. Yeah, let’s redefine the southern invasion as that of a bunch of “refugees” to suit UN terms and thereby twist the issue to the left’s favor. GTFO.

      • Francisco Balagtas

        There is nothing the RIGHT won’t attempt to manpulate b way of stupidity — can’t say game of words because clearly, neo-CONS have no command of their ENGLISH language, much less their spelling! HOW COME neo-CONS rabidly protect the “right” of the unborn FETUS and yet turn their backs and even physically block entry of abused and tortured children from all over the world just because it “violates their borders”?

    • Alex

      What war, persecution, or natural disaster are they trying to escape from again? Or are we just changing refugee to mean anyone that grows up outside countries with developed economies?

  • Erdman West

    DEFEAT THE HATE! !
    Again and AGAIN!

    • Harry

      How many kids are you willing to adopt yourself? or you only support this if someone else is paying for them?

  • Gunnut2600

    It won’t matter. It never matters. People just don’t view other people as people.

    Man…that’s a lot of people.

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    Refreshing from the ‘FOX light’ station.

    • http://FreakoutNation.com/ Anomaly 100

      You look so familiar but I just can’t quite place it.

      • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

        Imagine meeting you here :-)

        • http://FreakoutNation.com/ Anomaly 100

          I’m fan of Tommy’s work:-)

          • tommychristopher

            *blushing*

          • http://FreakoutNation.com/ Anomaly 100

            <3

          • OHIO GAL

            Good grief, no shame.

    • http://twitter.com/Chris_1791 Chris

      CNN is still looking for the airplane. Fox News ratings are more than triple that of CNN. CNN would kill to have FNC ratings. No one watches CNN anymore.

      • Steven S

        Fiction always outsells non-fiction, ask any librarian.

        • Pilotshark

          Outstanding!

      • Francisco Balagtas

        Your photo belies your age, Chris…..if indeed you believe FNC ratings are triple that of CNN, you ARE the one living a FICTITIOUS life! But then again, what is fiction to an aging, demented, constipated white fart like you? Nothing more entertaining then FOX FAUX NEWS, eh????? Somebody once said : if you keep repeating a falsehood, eventually it will sound REAL!

        • OHIO GAL

          CABLE NEWS RACE
          TUES. MARCH 18, 2014

          FOXNEWS O’REILLY 2,797,000
          FOXNEWS THE FIVE 2,154,000
          FOXNEWS BAIER 2,051,000
          FOXNEWS MEGYN 1,982,000
          FOXNEWS GRETA 1,720,000
          FOXNEWS HANNITY 1,621,000
          CNN 8PM PLANE SEARCH 963,000
          MSNBC MADDOW 962,000
          CMDY DAILY SHOW 918,000
          CNN 7PM PLANE SEARCH 883,000
          CNN 5PM PLANE SEARCH 793,000
          CNN 9PM PLANE SEARCH 784,000
          CMDY COLBERT 778,000
          MSNBC MATTHEWS 750,000

          • Carla Stixs

            You should try watching Jon Stewart instead of Fox, it’s amazing what education can do. Fox news isn’t a news channel it’s a corporation that’s why they are allowed to lie.
            They have a disclaimer that says they are 90% entertainment and 10% news.

            Why Fox News has the Right to Lie to You
            Ever wonder why it is that Fox News can lie over and over again – yet continue to call itself “News”? It’s because Fox News is a corporation – and ever since that 1886 Supreme Court case of Southern Pacific Railroad versus Santa Clara County when a rogue court reporter named JC Bancroft Davis slipped corporate personhood into the legal record – the courts have ruled time and time again that corporations – since they have all the rights that actual people have – could also lie just like people can.

            Here’s a little information on your favorite news channel.

            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDKLFn0pty4&feature=player_embedded

          • OHIO GAL

            Seems you haven’t received the message that he’s just a comedian. Stewart mocked Romney for making $57,000 a day; makes $41,000 himself. The Daily show describes itself as a fake news program. How’s that for consistently misinformed viewership?

          • Carla Stixs

            Seems you didn’t understand the jest of my comment.

          • OHIO GAL

            Sure Sonny

          • Buck Disqus

            “Fox News is a corporation”

            BWA HA HA HA

            you think your mass of obama polishing “networks” ABCCBSNBCCNNWAPONYTIMES

            are HIPPIE COMMUNES?

            Thanks for confirming that Jon Stewart COMEDY SHOWS are morons.

          • Carla Stixs

            Call Fox New they will me more than happy to tell you they are a corporation.

          • Travis Saunders

            CArla lost her mind… JS is a JOKE!

          • lurch394

            Well, Hitler’s party won an election. Popular proves nothing–think back on high school.

          • OHIO GAL

            A Hitler analogy, a bit desperate, eh Sonny?

            FOX NEWS 50 Quarters at #1…
            http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fox-news-exec-talks-50-715660

          • cheesemaster

            What makes a Hitler analogy desperate, if it’s true?

          • OHIO GAL

            Grow up

          • cheesemaster

            Well, it would probably surprise you to know that I agree with you on this thread. Fox News is clearly the ratings juggernaut. If Stewart or the rest of the liberal news establishment were leaders in ratings, it goes without saying that leftists would tout that as evidence of an educated populace making an informed decision. But the facts run counter to their world view so they have to create a fiction that I’m a rube in order to prevent cognitive dissonance from making their collective heads explode.

          • Bosma

            Yes. But it’s funny, I’ve never actually hear ONE conservative make that argument NOT ONCE. About evidence of an educated populace, I mean.

            …and, really, lets face it. 3 million viewers on your nightly program versus Rachel Maddow’s 1 million viewers isn’t all that much, seriously…

          • Aaron Litz

            Oh yes, clearly your speculation about what would possibly happen is indisputable, concrete evidence and cannot be denied. :/

            There’s a very simple reason why Fox News gets such high ratings; the audience of Fox News watches Fox News and nothing but Fox News. They turn set their televisions to the channel on and leave it on all day.

            Meanwhile, people who want to actually be well-informed use several different sources of news and watch multiple news outlets, news channels, online sources, and newspapers. They don’t rely on one sole source of information.

            Fox News has such high ratings because it is the ONLY source of news for the majority of the Right in this country; those on the Left spread their viewing across multiple channels. Fox does wonderfully because it has a built-in, voluntarily captive audience that watches nothing else.

            It is actually a perfect illustration of the differences in mindset between Right-Wing and Left-Wing:

            The Right acts as a monolithic group, no dissent allowed, and goes out of its way to suppress individuality. They rely on one source of information and reject anything that runs counter to what they are told by Dear Leader.

            The Left acts as a collection of individuals, understanding that different people think differently and have different views of the world, and accepts and embraces everyone’s individuality. Multiple sources of information are actively sought-out, in an effort to gather as much information as possible and cancel out potential bias as much as possible. Differing opinions and data are accepted and analyzed and either embraced or rejected on the basis of their merit and veracity, not based on the source of the opinion or information.

          • IRC not rootbeer

            actually no it isnt, even a woman who lived under hitler has said she see’s similar crap going on today here in America with Obama. Want to tell her that she is off her rocker?

          • OHIO GAL

            Hitler winning elections vs FOX news ratings, and YOU claim it’s relevant?
            FYI: My in-laws lived in WWII Germany. I am a conservative. I know all about the analogy of Hitler & Obama winning elections.
            Focus.

      • Bosma

        Which would put Fox News ratings exactly where? Slightly above the Magic Bullet infomercial but WAY below last months re-run of the honey boo-boo show..?? Who gives a shit about cable television ratings anyway? Aren’t you young and on the internet?

        • OHIO GAL

          Advertisers care.

          • Bosma

            I enjoy your pithy-ness. It is so witty…

          • OHIO GAL

            It’s fact based

          • Bosma

            Opinion based. What do you care about ratings? That was the question. Why would someone NOT AN ADVERTISER give a shit about a channels ratings? Do you benefit from these ratings? Do you feel good about being part of a very slightly larger group of people who may or may not be watching said channel? If you do, then that is pretty fucking sad…

          • OHIO GAL

            The network benefits from ad revenue, Mr Wizard.

          • Bosma

            No shit. Do YOU benefit from ad revenue?

          • OHIO GAL

            Are you stoned Sonny?

          • Bosma

            No. Are you? Evading the questions at hand now, are we?

          • OHIO GAL

            You’re so confused you don’t know whether to scratch your watch or wind your aʂʂ.
            Keep it up, I can’t stop laughing.

          • Bosma

            You refuse to answer the question regarding the relevance of tv ratings for the intended viewer. Why do you, the viewer, care about ratings? You brought it up, you refuse to answer. Who is artful dodging again? You think I’m not laughing?

          • OHIO GAL

            No, I merely pointed out FOX’s high ratings and that ad revenue matter to advertisers.

            Get outside and take a run, it will help clear your muddled head.
            Have a great night lil fella.

          • Bosma

            Dodge…

          • OHIO GAL

            Nope, spot on.

          • OHIO GAL

            No need Sport

          • Bosma

            Kiss me..

          • Carla Stixs

            That’s how we got rid of Glenn Beck and Rush is next.

          • OHIO GAL

            Silencing dissent, the Liberal way

      • 624LC .

        Are we supposed to be impressed? The number one “news” station for shut-ins and assholes? Yay! Congrats!

        • OHIO GAL

          With that logic so are CNN & MSNBC viewers.

          • 624LC .

            I guess so. I don’t watch cable news on any regular basis. Not worth the blood pressure rising with the stupid emanating out.

          • cheesemaster

            True dat!

      • Carla Stixs

        And Jerry Springer has more viewers than most shows. That only shows what Republican’s cutting education has done to the average American’s intelligence in America. Nothing more my friend.

        • OHIO GAL

          Cite your source, but chew on these first:
          U.S. government sues to block vouchers in some Louisiana school
          systems

          http://www.nola.com/education/index.ssf/2013/08/us_government_files_to_block_s.html
          *

          What would you call the Dems cutting off the voucher program in DC?
          The Democrats have officially killed a successful private school voucher program banishing more than 3,300 LOW-INCOME
          children back to the DC schools they so desperately wanted to
          escape.
          For the record, it was Republicans who started the program.
          Sen. Ensign, who introduced an amendment to the omnibus
          appropriations bill to extend the voucher program. Democrats voted down the amendment 50-39.
          *
          “We know from this study that participating D.C. students are reading at higher levels as a result of the Opportunity Scholarship Program. We are more than 99 percent confident that access to school choice though was the reason why OSP students graduated at these much higher rates.”
          Dr. Patrick Wolf
          Congressional testimony 2009
          *
          FYI:Apples and oranges. Springer and FOX are not in the same venue.

      • gocart mozart

        The top selling newspaper in the country is the National Enquirer. Your point is what?

        • TheReaperD

          Well, they run about the same percentage rate as far as their facts in reporting so, it makes for a rather good point. The ratings flat tell you that they’re full of shit.

    • Tommygun

      You know, I could help you with that hump.