The 9 Most Ridiculous Things From Sarah Palin's "Impeach Obama" Article

Today, Palin published an article at Breitbart.com in which she calls for the impeachment of President Obama. And, yes, it's a word salad loaded with incoherent, awkward sentences. Here now are some of the most egregious chunks.
Today, Palin published an article at Breitbart.com in which she calls for the impeachment of President Obama. And, yes, it's a word salad loaded with incoherent, awkward sentences. Here now are some of the most egregious chunks.
palin_impeach_video

Sure, it's too easy and almost unfair to pick on this nincompoop but, heaven help us, it's so much fun. Today, Palin published an article at Breitbart.com in which she calls for the impeachment of President Obama. And, yes, it's a word salad loaded with incoherent, awkward sentences. Here now are some of the most egregious chunks.

1) The first several sentences:

Without borders, there is no nation. Obama knows this. Opening our borders to a flood of illegal immigrants is deliberate. This is his fundamental transformation of America.

Like it or not, here's today's big immigration headline: "Obama seeks $3.7B to stem tide of kids crossing border." Oops. Also, how is "opening the borders," which Obama clearly isn't doing, not deliberate? Has anyone suggested that a plan to open the borders is accidental?

2) Anyone have any idea what the hell this means?

Discrediting the price paid for America’s exceptionalism over our history, he’s given false hope and taxpayer’s change to millions of foreign nationals who want to sneak into our country illegally.

He's discrediting the price? Who paid the price? Also, there's a punctuation error here. It should be taxpayers', not taxpayer's -- that is unless she's referring to just one taxpayer.

3) Immigrants are taking off their shoes for some reason.

Because of Obama’s purposeful dereliction of duty an untold number of illegal immigrants will kick off their shoes and come on in, competing against Americans for our jobs and limited public services.

Why are they removing their shoes before crossing the border? Are they exercising Asian courtesy? The jobs thing, by the way, is horseshit. Are scores of American citizens really lining up to pick lettuce and decapitate beef cattle for minimum wage?

4) How many borders?

Securing our borders is obviously fundamental here...

Let's not pretend there's more than one border at issue here (the southern one).

5) Palin is an "average American?"

We average Americans know that.

Palin was governor of Alaska, ran for vice president and starred in at least two reality shows while receiving a healthy paycheck from Fox News Channel. If "average Americans" are this well off during the Obama years, then everything is awesome.

6) Um...

His friendly wealthy bipartisan elite, who want cheap foreign labor and can afford for themselves the best “border security” money can buy in their own exclusive communities, do not care that Obama tapped us out.

?????????????????????

7) Dog meet whistle:

Many now feel like strangers in their own land.

Hmm. I wonder what she's getting at here.

8) Obama is rewarding himself apparently.

President Obama’s rewarding of lawlessness, including his own, is the foundational problem here.

How is he "rewarding" his own "lawlessness?" And what are these rewards he's giving himself? By the way, not a single grievance listed in Palin's article points to a law that Obama has violated. Not one.

9) What impeachable offenses?

The many impeachable offenses of Barack Obama can no longer be ignored. If after all this he’s not impeachable, then no one is.

Article II, Section 4: "The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors." Again, she didn't name any high crimes or misdemeanors. As for "if...he's not impeachable," well, technically all presidents are impeachable insofar as the Constitution allows for it. It would've been more accurate for her to write: "If, after all this, the House fails to vote to impeach this president, then no president will ever be."

But she's illiterate, so...

UPDATED: Now with awkwardly recited video:

Post

by

Sarah Palin

.