The 9 Most Ridiculous Things From Sarah Palin’s “Impeach Obama” Article

Sure, it’s too easy and almost unfair to pick on this nincompoop but, heaven help us, it’s so much fun. Today, Palin published an article at Breitbart.com in which she calls for the impeachment of President Obama. And, yes, it’s a word salad loaded with incoherent, awkward sentences. Here now are some of the most egregious chunks.

1) The first several sentences:

Without borders, there is no nation. Obama knows this. Opening our borders to a flood of illegal immigrants is deliberate. This is his fundamental transformation of America.

Like it or not, here’s today’s big immigration headline: “Obama seeks $3.7B to stem tide of kids crossing border.” Oops. Also, how is “opening the borders,” which Obama clearly isn’t doing, not deliberate? Has anyone suggested that a plan to open the borders is accidental?

2) Anyone have any idea what the hell this means?

Discrediting the price paid for America’s exceptionalism over our history, he’s given false hope and taxpayer’s change to millions of foreign nationals who want to sneak into our country illegally.

He’s discrediting the price? Who paid the price? Also, there’s a punctuation error here. It should be taxpayers’, not taxpayer’s — that is unless she’s referring to just one taxpayer.

3) Immigrants are taking off their shoes for some reason.

Because of Obama’s purposeful dereliction of duty an untold number of illegal immigrants will kick off their shoes and come on in, competing against Americans for our jobs and limited public services.

Why are they removing their shoes before crossing the border? Are they exercising Asian courtesy? The jobs thing, by the way, is horseshit. Are scores of American citizens really lining up to pick lettuce and decapitate beef cattle for minimum wage?

4) How many borders?

Securing our borders is obviously fundamental here…

Let’s not pretend there’s more than one border at issue here (the southern one).

5) Palin is an “average American?”

We average Americans know that.

Palin was governor of Alaska, ran for vice president and starred in at least two reality shows while receiving a healthy paycheck from Fox News Channel. If “average Americans” are this well off during the Obama years, then everything is awesome.

6) Um…

His friendly wealthy bipartisan elite, who want cheap foreign labor and can afford for themselves the best “border security” money can buy in their own exclusive communities, do not care that Obama tapped us out.

?????????????????????

7) Dog meet whistle:

Many now feel like strangers in their own land.

Hmm. I wonder what she’s getting at here.

8) Obama is rewarding himself apparently.

President Obama’s rewarding of lawlessness, including his own, is the foundational problem here.

How is he “rewarding” his own “lawlessness?” And what are these rewards he’s giving himself? By the way, not a single grievance listed in Palin’s article points to a law that Obama has violated. Not one.

9) What impeachable offenses?

The many impeachable offenses of Barack Obama can no longer be ignored. If after all this he’s not impeachable, then no one is.

Article II, Section 4: “The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.” Again, she didn’t name any high crimes or misdemeanors. As for “if…he’s not impeachable,” well, technically all presidents are impeachable insofar as the Constitution allows for it. It would’ve been more accurate for her to write: “If, after all this, the House fails to vote to impeach this president, then no president will ever be.”

But she’s illiterate, so…

UPDATED: Now with awkwardly recited video:

Like Us On Facebook!

More on the Banter:

The Daily Banter NSFW Video Mail Bag

The Daily Banter NSFW Video Mail Bag

Fox News Thinks 'The Interview' Flap Is Obama's Fault

Fox News Thinks 'The Interview' Flap Is Obama's Fault

  • HilaryB

    Lol. Our “sparse and sparse jobs.” I wonder what a conversation between her and Dan Bidondi would sound like.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Probably like listening to that “wah wah” sound they used for the voice of the teacher in the Peanuts cartoons.

  • Sweetpeace

    Love the “stranger in a strange land” reference, someone should tell her that at the end of Heinlein’s book, those who loved the stranger, Michael Valentine Smith, ATE him.

  • John

    Please keep speaking for the conservatives please. Maybe then enough middle of the road people will turn out in the mid term elections to stave off the radical right.

    • Elorienzo Waldensian

      You may think her a firebrand or perhaps a worse analogy of the radical right, however, inside that folksy want to be a down home country hick chick (of which theatrics I do not like) lies a very intelligent woman who truly grasps the fundamentals of this country and desires to see them preserved not dessicrated. She is a very polarizing figure, but she is not the entrenched radical right. Make no mistake by her theatrics, she is a true patriot and you must read about her from many different perspectives not just one type of bias to see that. She is correct in her assessment that this president has violated Constitutional law on multiple counts and must be impeached and ideally removed from office. If you would like to debate me I would be happy to do so, however I doubt you would be persuaded to agree with me as I doubt your counterpoint would be convincing enough to me.

  • Elorienzo Waldensian

    Very nice, you deleted my first post, this tells me very much your character

    • Elorienzo Waldensian

      There was no rudeness or vulgarity, only a poignant comment to your article above. How unfortunate that even this was a removable offense!

  • Elorienzo Waldensian

    You just go right ahead and focus on the grammar and syntax and poke your fun for a chuckle. I’m game for satire and poking fun, but I find your op/ed here in serious want of wit and humor. You better leave it to us mature adults who understand the issues and will make a stand against the egregious commission of high crimes and misdemeanors by this president and his administration. Have fun picking my reply apart while I defend your right to continue to do so.

    • Treading_Water

      Okay, let’s just start with one thing. What “high crimes and misdemeanors” are you referring to? And, how is it that you and Sarah are smart enough to see it, but John Boehner isn’t? If there is evidence of “high crimes and misdemeanors” then John Boehner should also be impeached for standing idly by and allowing it to happen, as well as every member of Congress, the Senate and the Supreme Court for condoning by silence the commission of “high crimes and misdemeanors”. Are they all complicit, or is it just they are all ignorant? According to Rick Perry, that’s the only choice, ignorance or conspiracy.

  • KatieAnnieOakley

    “Without borders, there is no nation. Obama knows this. Opening our borders to a flood of illegal immigrants is deliberate…”.

    … says the woman who bragged about crossing the Canadian border for free health care.

    • CrazyFor Kate

      Honestly, during this whole immigration debacle, has anyone given more than a token nod to the Canadian border? I mean, they always trot out the “terrorists came through Canada” routine, but that’s long been debunked.

      • KatieAnnieOakley

        Anybody coming from Canada is most likely white – so they’re OK, as far as the GOP cares. They want to stop THE BROWN illegal immigrants!

  • Ed Ruthazer

    Sarah. Please make yourself sparse and sparce

  • ALV

    Her English and its composition is like fingernails on a blackboard. How ironic that she would probably be the first to tell immigrants they have to speak English in order to live here.

  • Steve Giovanis

    There has been talk of a manned mission to Mars for years. The kicker is that those who are chosen won’t be able to come back. Can we go ahead and send her as part of the advanced team?!

    • gallbladder

      Given the utter incoherence of her speech, one would think that she left for Mars years ago.

    • HilaryB

      Or send her to the moon to build Gingrich’s moon base.

  • D_C_Wilson

    You’d think with all the money she made from Fox she could hire an editor.

    • gallbladder

      She only knows how to quit, not hire.

  • Peter Barber

    Those many impeachable offenses she mentions are the same as the many newspapers she reads but cannot name.

  • CrazyFor Kate

    I kind of think you could replace “average” with “white” and get a more accurate reading of Palin’s thoughts.

    • HilaryB

      Yep. She’s a horribly racist person.

  • jcinco

    Typical incoherent, hateful rhetoric falling out of her ignorant mouth…btw, why is she wearing a jacket made out of lettuce? A slap in the face to the UFW?

    • ALV

      That isn’t lettuce. It’s ruffles. From underpants. Recycled underpants.

  • Psalm023

    Am wondering if this video is in response to Ms. Palin’s comment about The View needing news hosts. Is she really interested and putting out this video as an audition?

    This video should tell her family that she’s either in need of rest or an intervention.

  • Badgerite

    Oh dear God. The term illegal means what? That the borders are not ‘open’ and that they are entering illegally. Seems obvious, I know, but this is Sarah Palin we are talking about.
    The price paid for our exceptionalism? Like the price paid by Marine Lance Cpl. Jose Gutierrez. One of the first servicemen killed in Iraq. Not a citizen of this country. That exceptional price? projects.militarytimes.com/valor/marine-lance-cpl-jose-guterriez/256506
    “Given our change”? What? Congress passes the budgets. The president just signs or vetoes them. So any “change” that was given out was given out by Congress. As was seen in the government shutdown, they have the power of the purse. Idiot.
    Show me an executive order that says the Border Patrol shall no longer patrol the border and detain those attempting illegal entry and she might have a point. I’m pretty sure that is not the case. But, reality be damned. Full speed ahead.
    Prioritize parties? What, did she not get her invitation? What?
    Detroit is on the verge of insolvency. That is the only one I know of. And Detroit has been that way for some time. If anything, Obama’s helping the American car industry survive has helped, not hurt.
    Obstructing economic recovery? The jobless rate has fallen over two percentage points from the days of GW. I believe the rate was 8.9 Percent at that time.
    Recent jobs report had it at 6.1 and showing stronger growth than at any time during the W’s alleged presidency.
    “Obstructing economic recovery by creating more dependence than he allows producers.”? What? Could we be more specific here. Of course not. Word salad alert. With thousand island dressing.
    “Tapped us out”? Again. Congress passes the budgets. The president can only propose them. So for Congress to impeach a president for “tapping us out” would be kind, oh I don’t know, ridiculous.
    I notice she does not include herself among those who are “the American worker” .
    That would be a “them” to her. Surprise me.
    So when GW had 3 appointments to this current Supreme Court he was improperly meddling? Oh, works for me. Can we bring him back so we can impeach him?
    “So its time to impeach”. So what happens if Hilary wins in 2016 and tries to, you know. meddle in the Court by making appointment to vacancies and everything. Is that then an impeachable offense for all future presidents or only this one because he is black and born in Hawaii? And if no president can make appointments to the Courts, what happens when the judges die off? Just asking.
    So the reason to impeach is “it’s time”. Interesting interpretation of the Constitution.
    Didn’t win the last election. “It’s time”. Can’t get the support of the Courts or the country on a specific issue. “It’s time”. People like her would turn this country into a banana republic and we would be trying to get into Mexico to escape the catastrophe.
    Holly Ghost of Joe McCarthy. She has a list. I’m surprised she didn’t throw in “palling around with terrorists”.
    She has no true understanding of the Constitution of the United States. And if the framers were still around they would be the ones to tell her so. They were brilliant men.
    About the most you can say for Sarah Palin is that she definitely has a loud voice.

    • jcinco

      Well, we’re talking about simple sarah who thought the vp controlled congress although she previously asked what was the vp’s job. She’s a box of hair who won’t leave the national stage until someone scrapes her off like a used piece of gum…

      • Badgerite

        And the optics are terrible. She sounds and has the facial expressions of fingernails on chalkboard.

  • glogrrl

    Boy, this woman is really manifesting the ugliness inside her…..she’s looking worse and worse by the day. Thank god she never got in office…..can you imagine having to look at that ugly mug day after day after day?

  • gary breitling

    How does a half witted quitter,branded by her OWN CAMPAIGN MANAGER as a nutcase megalomaniac get ANY credence as a political pundit??? By appealing to the lowest common denominator in uninformed people

  • Danny Timms

    the frightening thing is that she’s much smarter the George Bush….ever read Bushisms…….from the leader of the free world….it was embarrassing to have him as our president and it’s embarrassing to have people that vote for those hate and fear filled people……

  • Katela

    You forgive John McCain for inflicting her on us. I won’t.

  • Jaguar67

    What’s almost as sickening as her quotes are the number of Facebook “Likes” she has and the number thumbs up. I don’t dare read the comments. Anyone else alternately amused, depressed and frightened at the number of brainwashed FoxBots out there?

    • Lauren Armitage Brault

      Alternately amused, depressed and frightened. Absolutely.

    • ALV

      Yep. I mentioned to someone ( a woman) once that Palin is as dumb as a box of rocks. That person was appalled that I would say that about Palin. The sorry fact is that in order to be able to admire Sarah Palin, one would have to be dumber and more illiterate than she is. It’s depressing as hell.

      • molly_malone2

        Alas, I’m afraid her fans think she must be smart, because they can’t understand anything she says.

    • gallbladder

      You know, I have often wondered if those numbers would ever recover if her page was ever deleted. Something tells me “no.”

  • The_C_a_t

    Like so many Americans, I’m not ashamed of the people we let stay who come here without papers or the ability to speak the language and can still make their way here and provide for their families.

    When it comes to immigration, what I’m ashamed of is the people we let stay. Like Sarah ‘The Quitter’ Palin, Pedo Ted Nugent, Dick(less) Cheney and others. People who have proven they hate this country time and again, and yet we don’t kick them out.

    Now, that’s a shame.

  • http://www.duke.edu Stephen Toback

    I went to her FB page and this is the type of person that supports her: “Atta girl Sarah, your twice and smart and not to mention pretty as any lib, including that dope in the White House” Sarah is twice and smart and not to mention pretty as the President. What hope is there for Murca?

    • Jaguar67

      I couldn’t bring myself to read those comments. Usually I find them amusing but the sheer number of them makes me depressed. Jesus Christ, we are surrounded by total dolts in this country.

      • Francisco Balagtas

        THIS IS the very reason we need to curtail in-breeding, especially in the South!!!!!!!

    • gallbladder

      This must be an example of the “American exceptionalism” we keep hearing so much about from the right.

  • POTRZBE

    Well, it appears she is till stupid, so no surprises there. Not enough people, including me, are ignoring this dingbat so she will never go away. Great entertainment value however, given how little she knows about US history and government.

  • gregory01

    WOW, I really didn’t think she was that stupid. Guess I was wrong.

  • Thomas Bradford
  • Bajovane

    Imperial President? Whatever. The fact that this dimbulb can post a video spewing her hate and nonsense without being hauled away is proof that her accusations of what Obama is are completely false. Last I checked, people still have their guns yet the gun nuts are still screaming that Obama’s gunna take mah gunz!11!! What. Ever.

    • gallbladder

      Speaking of “Imperial Presidents,” hey Sarah, remember THIS little gem? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irMeHmlxE9s

      You dumb twat.

    • CrazyFor Kate

      Exactly. I’ve just spent a year in Putin’s Russia. Anybody posting that kind of crap in Russia would risk imprisonment, huge economic and social pressure, or even a “mysterious” death. Palin has absolutely no concept of what taking away freedom means.

  • William Urmson

    This song goes out to Tea Party sweetheart Sarah Palin. Pls ck it out. Thanx and peace! WJU~ #sarahpalin #THEVIEW #JohnMcCain #teaparty
    posted a new song: “The Sarah Palin Smackdown” http://www.reverbnation.com/p/r91fEQ

  • Ezra Bennett

    No surprise. Mrs. Graft has been out of the spotlight for a little too long…

  • johanneslabusch

    Palin has been in a panic ever since she started suspecting her job as the nation’s foremost idiot might not be safe. Of course she’s an idiot, because it really is.

  • HOTDOGTSUNAMI

    It’s times like this when I wonder how the hell someone like her can become a governor and I can’t find a full time job.

    • johanneslabusch

      Do you read ALL the magazines?

      • Truth Hertz

        +FTW

    • Debra K Edwards

      Hotdogtsunami….move to Alaska! LOL

  • docbets

    What’s so aggravating about her – and her ilk – is that the things that would embarrass most people (illiteracy, illogical “arguments,” lack of evidence, among others), don’t. So she is constantly in the public square, declaiming about nonsense that the rabble gobble up like so many crazed imbeciles. We will never be rid of her because the “culture” has found a place for her.

    • ALV

      Like Michele Bachmann, another that should be embarrassed to come out in public.

  • JozefAL

    Is it true that someone wanted to remake “Forrest Gump” with a female in the lead role (as “Florence Gump”) and sought Sarah Palin to be the star until they realized that “Florence” would be too smart a character for Palin to play?

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Go the fuck away, Sarah Palin! Just go the fuck away!

  • honestyingov

    Lets all repeat Keith Olbermann’s sentence all at once.

    “THAT Woman is an Idiot”

  • Linda1961

    So tell us, Quitter, just what are the 25 impeachable offenses that President Obama has committed.

    • Tommygun

      The Quitta from Wasilla can’t can’t past twenty.

      Okay, she can count to twenty-two if you let her take off her top.

  • Bosma

    I’m paraphrasing here “He will next meddle in the us court systems with appointments..”..

    Okay, stop right there. You mean, his job as president? To elect judges? Please pick up a civics 101 textbook, Mrs TV Spokesmodel…

  • Jake

    As my father used to say “She has a lot to be modest about”.

    • Badgerite

      Word!

  • Philip Williams

    Palin is the perfect example of an abundance of self-taught ignorance!

  • don

    Who, at this point, considers Palin anything but irrelevant? Perhaps we should call her Miss Direction on this one.

    How about we focus on what is happening? Are these people trying to immigrate? Are they really refugees? What caused this? Did something happen that changed the dynamic? What is the long term plan? Any leadership from Obama on these questions? I haven’t heard any.

    And Bob, people coming up from Mexico don’t just “pick lettuce and decapitate beef cattle”. Perhaps, you should come to the Southwest and live a while.

  • Guest

    Who, at this point, considers Palin anything but irrelevant? Perhaps we should call he Miss Direction.

    How about we focus on what is happening? Are these people trying to immigrate? Are they really refugees? What caused this? Did something happen that changed the dynamic? What is the long term plan? Any leadership from Obama on these questions? I haven’t heard any.

    And Bob, people coming up from Mexico don’t just “pick lettuce and decapitate beef cattle”. Perhaps, you should come to the Southwest and live a while.

  • KarenJ

    …he’s given false hope and taxpayer’s change to millions of foreign nationals who want to sneak into our country illegally.

    As opposed to foreign nationals who want to sneak into our country legally, Sarah Palin, you idiot? Oh, wait, that was an oxymoron, so that makes her a moron…

  • AnOuthouse

    His greatest reward is minimum wage jobs for his teen aged kids. Its nepotism, duh.

  • Willi

    Whewwww, yeah, thank goodness Sarah never got elected…….

    The citizens of this country really scored big with soetoro.

    This main-stream govt/media lap dog blogger and his libtard commenters herein are the usual useful idiot/morons.

    • KarenJ

      You know, it’s verboten to attack other commenters. The subject of this article isn’t off limits, but WE are. You’ve just been flagged.

      • Lauren Armitage Brault

        You’d better translate ‘verboten’ for him. I’m sure he doesn’t speak any additional languages, considering his apparent lack of understanding English.

    • j hentai

      wow, you managed to spell most of those words correctly. you can now take over the tea party in virginia. congratulations! don’t try to take it outside (i.e. the lamestream media). BURN BEFORE READING!!!!!!!!!

    • Aaron Litz

      Ya know, I just love idiots like you who can’t stop picking on Obama for going by Barry Soetoro when he was young. A kid with an unusual name and a father he didn’t really know goes by a less embarrassing first name so he won’t get picked on, and uses the name of the man he knows better as his surname, but once he’s grown up he embraces his real name and uses it from then on? The SHAME! It’s a conspiracy!

      I had a friend named Firmin in elementary school (named after his grandfather, I think.) He went by his middle name Andy because he didn’t want to get picked on for having an unusual name. Once he got to late high school he started using his real name of Firmin; he realized that anyone who picked on him about it weren’t worth the effort of getting upset over because they were fucking morons.

      Morons like you.

      • Diz

        Does Willard Romney ring a bell? No, apparently some people think his real name is Mitt.

        • Ezra Bennett

          Mittens.

          • CrazyFor Kate

            If he’d won the election, I would never have called him anything else.

    • Larry Berry

      “soetoro”
      “Main-stream media”
      “Libtard”
      Man if you’d only said “Teleprompter” I’d have Bingo.
      But stick to those issues and the next elections should go well.

      • Ezra Bennett

        Lame Stream Media would have been a bonus…

    • gallbladder

      “Libtard.” Hmm. Leave it to unimaginative simpletons like yourself to insert letters into words in order to make words that are even more nonsensical and less clever. Kind of like a two year-old relentlessly mashing a square peg into a round hole.

      Then again, your party is pretty good at that.

  • Christopher Foxx

    The 9 Most Ridiculous Things From Sarah Palin’s “Impeach Obama” Article

    If her article was more than 9 sentences long, you’ve under counted.

  • Bosma

    Bob, the kicking off of shoes comment she made, I’m pretty sure, is referring to immigrants kicking off their shoes to put up on an ottoman for the chair or couch or whatever, because things will be much easier for them once they are stealing all the great jobs that no american will do because it sucks so much, while said immigrants are also going on the welfare and buying cadillacs and eating lobsters like saint ronnie said they would be doing once obama would come into office or something…

    • kiptw

      No, the border guards make them take off their shoes to check for explosive socks before ushering them in and giving them our worst jobs and a chocolate on their pillow. It’s a homeland security thing, I’m pretty sure.

  • DubsCorleone

    I will NEVER, and I mean NEVER forgive John McCain and every other moron in his camp who thought it was a good idea to unleash her on us
    Instead of making the rounds on TV every Sunday advocating for basically another World War that he and his family will never fight in, he should be somewhere in isolation hanging his head in shame never to be seen again except by his family…

    • Jay Hale

      Think he already did the “isolation” bit as a POW. I respect his service, but he is indeed an idiot for unleashing Caribou Barbie on the world.

      • Larry Berry

        Yeah, I don’t believe that was his idea, but his camp. He went along with it though and worst still tows the company line and acts like she’s the greatest thing, rather than the idiot who sank his campaign and is currently sinking the republican party.

        • Haley Chan

          I think the republican party is beginning to distance themselves from her (and for good reason).

          My advice would be to just shut up and enjoy the ride, Mrs Palin! My net worth has TRIPLED during the Obama years. Stock market is roaring. Life is good.

          i like to sneer at idiot teA badger racist rednecks who bought $55K vanity pickups (on credit) and are financing a depreciating asset instead of buying 20000 share of GE at $5 in 2008.

          I drive a fuel efficient Civic ($25/month for gas), insure it for cheap ($22/month at Insurance Panda), and live in a nice part of town in a house PAID OFF IN FULL. I’d like to thank the Obama economy for my recent success, but still, gotta laugh at those fools….

          “Durn thet african Oboingo, there aint no opportunities fer a white feller no how! Now let me go drive muh F-350 Super Duty down to the Circle K and put $175 worth of diesel on muh maxed out providian credit card.”

          What I get a huge laugh out of is the fact that every step of the way from Dow 6,600 in March 2009 to Dow 17,000 in July 2014 the doom-and-gloom boys at ZeroHedge have been screeching at everyone that the markets are on the verge of collapse.

          How the F can the chicken littles EVER invest if they’re emotionally incapable of seeing a buy opportunity?

      • DubsCorleone

        His being a POW is even more reason he should know better than to constantly advocate sending someone else’s child(ren) to war-why would anyone who’s been through what he’s been through as a POW be so war ready all the time? He sure isn’t sending any of his kids to go fight
        He doesn’t get a pass for that-if anything he should know better…

        • Cynthia Miller

          Have you ever thought about what it was that John McCain DID in Vietnam? He dropped bombs on the homes of Vietnamese families. People who were just struggling to make it through life. If this would have happened in our country by the Vietnamese, do you think that we would not have taken a Vietnamese pilot from his plane, beat the crap out of him and then imprisoned him as long as possible for his crimes against our citizens? Just because he was a POW doesn’t make him any better of a person than you or I. He was probably just as much of a moronic A$$ then, as he is now.

          • gary breitling

            he did what his country asked him to do. I don’t hold that against HIM… it was Johnson and Nixon that were wrong

          • Laura Dawson

            um…so…if you know something is ethically wrong…yet you do it anyway because your boss told you…that makes you a good American?

          • johnmburt1960

            Exactly, just as it made so many “good Germans” . . . .

          • John

            When a guy is at the bottom of his class (actually 5th from the bottom) and has multiple crashes, yet the only reason he is retained at the Naval Academy (my Alma Mater) and again in Navy flight program is daddy and granddad were 4 star admirals. His torture was amplified because of his linage, for that I respect him, but he has never been the shrapest bulb, just a good opportunist.

          • glogrrl

            I believe he also destroyed three American fighter jets:

            “The 23-year-old junior lieutenant wasn’t paying attention and erred in using “a power setting too low to maintain level flight in a turn,” investigators concluded.

            The crash was one of three early in McCain’s aviation career in which his flying skills and judgment were
            faulted or questioned by Navy officials.

            In his most serious lapse, McCain was “clowning” around in a Skyraider over southern Spain about December 1961 and flew into electrical wires, causing a blackout, according to McCain’s own account as well as those of naval officers and enlistees aboard the carrier Intrepid. In another incident, in 1965, McCain crashed a T-2 trainer jet in Virginia.”

            http://articles.latimes.com/2008/oct/06/nation/na-aviator6

            Not exactly the qualities you want in a commander in chief.

        • lorakling1

          Um, misery enjoys company? Schadenfreude? He’s a jerk?

    • phreethink

      She would have oozed to the surface sooner or later even without McCain. Her kind of stupid-crazy is catnip to the far right.

  • HilaryB

    I wish we could deport her.

    • nathkatun7

      Deport her to which country? I suppose Putin’s Russia may be willing to take her.

  • sealiagh

    Maybe she meant discounting the price paid for American exceptionalism. And so Obama is selling our exceptionalism cheap, undercutting the competition, say, like Walmart. Inpeach!!!

  • gocart mozart

    You left out this one:
    “last straw that makes the battered wife say, “no mas.”
    I will try to interpret the best I can. I think what it means is that Sarah was making pancakes and she got some of the batter on herself hence “battered wife” and then Todd exclaims “OMG, we’re out of bendy straws!” which causes Sarah to respond in mournful sadness “No mas?” At least that’s my best guess.
    http://gawker.com/5516572/sarah-palins-speaking-contract-bendy-straws-lear-jets-and-deluxe-hotels
    See also this http://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2012/09/new-internet-tradition

    • KarenJ

      Judging from the dents on the front of her stainless steel refrigerator in the house on Lake Lucille in Wasilla, she may be harkening back to personal knowledge of battering, but it’s not a battered WIFE (I’m not implying the kid in the photo is, either; that’s Sarah’s grandson).

      https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/464/9971/original.jpg

      Have you ever noticed some of her parables sometimes resemble, but aren’t real life? Poor Todd. I wonder why he’s still hanging in there. Because he’s gotten used to not working at a real job?

      • gocart mozart

        I thought you were going to go with “randomly throwing refrigerator magnets against the fridge” as the way she composes her speeches. Oh well.