Woman Goes on Unbelievably Racist Rant on Video, Is About To Get a Very Serious Lesson in the Power of the Internet

Years ago this woman more than likely would've gotten away with shouting racist slurs at a stranger. And by gotten away with it, I mean it simply would've gone unnoticed by everyone in the world because everyone in the world wouldn't have been able to see it. But that was before the internet.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
Years ago this woman more than likely would've gotten away with shouting racist slurs at a stranger. And by gotten away with it, I mean it simply would've gone unnoticed by everyone in the world because everyone in the world wouldn't have been able to see it. But that was before the internet.
Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 10.18.18 AM

If you haven't seen this by now you probably just logged into your computer today. It's almost impossible to know at this point whether what you're about to watch is entirely for real, but it damn sure looks that way.

The set up: last weekend in the parking lot of a Dollar General Store in Cheektowaga, New York, a black man sitting in his car with the windows open was apparently approached by a white woman who began shouting at him for "scaring her kids." The guy whipped out his cellphone, of course, and began recording her right to her face, but as you'll see that didn't stop her.

What he got on video for the next four minutes is just fucking insane, as a woman so angry that she's visibly shaking shouts vicious racial slurs at the guy while talking on her own phone with someone she warns him is her husband. She calls the guy in the car, ironically, a "racist fucking nigger," promises to pelt him with a cup of hot coffee and eventually storms into the store with her two kids in tow. I wasn't aware that you could buy meth at the Dollar General, but there you go.

I don't even need to tell you how NSFW this is, but I'll do it anyway. By the way, the point where the guy casually rolls the window up on her? Hardest I've laughed all week.

Years ago this woman more than likely would've gotten away with this. And by gotten away with it, I mean it simply would've gone unnoticed by everyone in the world because everyone in the world wouldn't have been able to see it. But that was before we all began living in the social media Panopticon. I'm not going to defend a damn thing this creature did, mostly because what she said was utterly reprehensible and it's not as if she was being recorded surreptitiously; she acknowledged right up front that a video clip of her screaming racist slurs at a stranger was almost certainly about to hit YouTube and didn't seem to care because, I guess, she figured that as a popular stripper in her crappy Buffalo suburb she was kind of immune from the "viral" virus.

Oh Jesus was she wrong. It took the merry pranksters at Reddit and 4Chan almost no time at all to discover her identity and for a Facebook page dedicated to ruining her life to pop up. The Facebook group in particular is now an online resource for combing through every little detail about anything this woman has ever done in her life that might be considered unsavory. There are police records, the street she lives on, various selfies of her giving the camera the same "come-hither, boys" look, the one she apparently decided at some point was her best angle. And the video at the moment has only around 400-thousand hits. I say "only" because this thing will probably hit a million, easy, by morning, so the worst may be yet to come for her.

I've written a lot about how the punishment doled out by social media at times like this is often disproportional to the crime. I still think that if this horrible woman wants to be a racist shithead to a guy sitting in a car in a parking lot, it's not necessarily an arrestable offense. She didn't assault him physically and didn't threaten him with actual violence beyond saying she was going to throw her coffee at him. As Bill Maher said recently, it still isn't illegal to be an asshole, so in that respect this woman is off the hook. She may also be in a better position than most because, if she's not lying about the extent of her professional career, it's not likely she'll lose her livelihood over this. You're never going to hear a conversation that ends with, "We just don't feel like your behavior reflects the standards we insist upon here at the Booby Trap in Cheektowaga."

But her life is still going to be turned upside down and it's hard to feel sorry for someone who was self-aware enough to grasp this and yet went right on digging her own hole deeper and deeper anyway. Sucks for the kids, though.

RELATED ARTICLES