Why the Hell Was Glenn Beck Talking About a Box of Dildos?

During a video segment called "The Morning Meeting," Beck and morning zoo sidekick Pat Gray, discussed, of all things, a box of dildos. Specifically, a box of dildos in a high school end-of-term student awards ceremony. Why, Beck wondered, is a box of dildos allowed in school, but not a Christmas tree?
During a video segment called "The Morning Meeting," Beck and morning zoo sidekick Pat Gray, discussed, of all things, a box of dildos. Specifically, a box of dildos in a high school end-of-term student awards ceremony. Why, Beck wondered, is a box of dildos allowed in school, but not a Christmas tree?
glenn_beck_dildos

During a video segment called "The Morning Meeting," Beck and morning zoo sidekick Pat Gray discussed, of all things, a box of dildos. Specifically, a box of dildos in a high school end-of-term student awards ceremony. Why, Beck wondered, is a box of dildos allowed in school, but not a Christmas tree? Watch:

Of course there's a huge difference between what turned out to be a single off-color joke and a fake award in the form of a box of dildos at one school during one high school event (teenagers!) contrasted with school policy backed by the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment. Obviously it's not Bellingham School policy to allow a box of dildos into any stage shows, so to suggest that the box of dildos is "allowed" in the school is a lie. Beck's intent is to make it appear as if our godless heathen public schools are run by box-of-dildos-loving Christmas tree haters.

By the way, the incident was reported to KOMO-TV in Seattle by a parent who was "in tears" while hearing the joke and seeing a box of dildos in the awards ceremony.

The parent, who sent an email to KOMO-TV, but wished to remain anonymous, said she was left in tears by what she witnessed when she accompanied her 17-year-old daughter to the event put on by Bellingham High School drama teacher Teri Grimes.

“I sat there with my mouth open in shock and the final straw was when a joke was told on stage about a teacher, a lawyer and a priest on a plane,” the unidentified parent wrote to KOMO. “The plane was going down and the teacher says we have to save the children. The attorney says ‘F*** the children!’ and the priest says ‘OOOOH..Do we have time for that???’”

In tears. I think someone needs to reevaluate what's truly upsetting.

By the way, yes, I deliberately wrote "box of dildos" as often as possible in this post because it's Friday.