Fox News' Neil Cavuto Utterly Destroys Michele Bachmann Over GOP Lawsuit

If you thought Megyn Kelly's interview with Dick Cheney on Fox News last week was a fantastic example of a network host challenging a Republican icon, then you haven't seen today's clip of Fox News' Neil Cavuto just digging into Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) over Speaker John Boehner's ridiculous lawsuit against President Obama.
If you thought Megyn Kelly's interview with Dick Cheney on Fox News last week was a fantastic example of a network host challenging a Republican icon, then you haven't seen today's clip of Fox News' Neil Cavuto just digging into Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) over Speaker John Boehner's ridiculous lawsuit against President Obama.
cavuto_bachmann

If you thought Megyn Kelly's interview with Dick Cheney on Fox News last week was a fantastic example of a network host challenging a Republican icon, then you haven't seen today's clip of Fox News' Neil Cavuto just digging into Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) over Speaker John Boehner's ridiculous lawsuit against President Obama.

It's really a thing of beauty, and Cavuto is absolutely on-point with every beat. What differentiates this from Kelly's Cheney interview is that Cavuto is relaying his own thoughts on the lawsuit issue rather than reciting what "the president's defenders" said.

Here are some of Cavuto's best digs.

Republican steps in as president and Democrats go after he or she on the same principle, then it gets to be just a political football doesn't it?

I made the same point earlier. Very bad precedent.

Why now this suit?

It just seems to me that it's an enormous waste of effort.

Fix whatever's wrong right now, rather than dragging the other side to court. It just seems to me there's so much wrong here, this finger pointing, we're gonna drag your ass to court, we're gonna do this. Just do something!

Why now after all these years? Someone just woke up today and said, let's sue?

You're conflating issues and you're being silly!

Bachmann called for defunding the entire executive branch, to which Cavuto replied:

Defund the executive branch? Defund?! Think about what you're saying. Defund the executive branch. If Democrats -- [crosstalk] Congresswoman! If Democrats had said to you we're going to defund President Bush, we're gonna defund the executive -- you would've laughed 'em out. I think Democrats would be in their right mind to laugh you out now.

It ended with Cavuto throwing to commercial while Bachmann continued talking. Just awesome. More like this, Fox News.