Dem Presidential Contender Brian Schweitzer 'Outs' Eric Cantor Using His 'Gaydar'

In a profile in the National Journal, former Montana Governor and Democratic presidential hopeful Brian Schweitzer said that Eric Cantor sets off his "gaydar." Buh-bye, governor.
In a profile in the National Journal, former Montana Governor and Democratic presidential hopeful Brian Schweitzer said that Eric Cantor sets off his "gaydar." Buh-bye, governor.
schweitzer

Former Montana Governor and potential 2016 Democratic presidential candidate Brian Schweitzer has clearly been wearing his trademark bolo tie a little too tightly. In a profile in the National Journal, Schweitzer said the following about Rep. Eric Cantor (R-VA):

“If you were just a regular person, you turned on the TV, and you saw Eric Cantor talking, I would say—and I'm fine with gay people, that's all right—but my gaydar is 60-70 percent.”

“Don't hold this against me, but I'm going to blurt it out. How do I say this ... men in the South, they are a little effeminate," he said. "They just have effeminate mannerisms.”

Something tells me his prospects for 2016 are kaput. Remember, this guy was positioning himself to be the far-left progressive alternative to Hillary Clinton. Nothing says far-left progressivism like not-so-subtle homophobia. (Though given the far-left's occasional embracing of Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) and others, stranger alliances have occurred.)

That's not all, here's what Schweitzer said in the same profile about Sen. Diane Feinstein (D-CA):

"She was the woman who was standing under the streetlight with her dress pulled all the way up over her knees," he said about Feinstein’s position on intelligence gathering. “And now she says, 'I'm a nun,' when it comes to this spying. I mean, maybe that's the wrong metaphor — but she was all in!"

Homophobia... and misogyny. That's a perfect storm of suckage. Buh-bye, governor. Have fun on the lecture circuit.

For the record, there's no indication that Eric Cantor is gay.