Dear Men: This Is Why Women Have Every Right To Be Disgusted With Us

How women deal with this kind of crap on a daily basis, I'll never know.
How women deal with this kind of crap on a daily basis, I'll never know.
SWBT

A few months ago, my girlfriend and I moved in together, and while it's been the best time of my life, I am constantly learning through her more and more about what it's like to be a woman in the world on a day-to-day basis... And it's terrifying.

I don't know how they handle it. I've come to actively realize what I passively have semi-understood for years: Women have to deal with something -- at best it's a polite glance, at worst it's a possible rape threat -- at almost all times when it comes to dealing with men. And I don't think most men even realize this.

As Louis C.K. has wondered,

"How do women still go out with guys when you consider the fact that there is literally no greater threat to women than men? We're the number one threat to women. Globally and historically, we're the number one cause of injury and mayhem to women. We're the worst thing that ever happens to them."

So thank God for the Tumblr page "Straight White Boys Texting."

With the founding entry of: "no one is a worse texter than a straight white boy," this page is a collection of the dishearteningly common texts/Tinder messages/OKCupid emails that women have received from men (one may assume these are mostly of the straight and white variety, though the author behind the page says they don't discriminate on their shaming).

It includes gems like these:

SWBT1

SWBT5

SWBT9

SWBT10

SWBT18

[adrotate group="2"]

SWBT21

And those are some of the more decent/clever ones.

The majority is stuff like this:

SWBT8

SWBT20

SWBT19

SWBT17

SWBT15

SWBT13

SWBT22

It's enough to make me want to turn lesbian.

But interestingly, as the site has grown in popularity, the concept of labeling and shaming this activity has started to take hold. "Straight white boy" has turned into this derogatory term that women are throwing back at their sub-par Cyranos. It's pretty fun to watch.

SWBTcallout5

SWBTcallout4

SWBTcallout2

SWBTcallout6

SWBTcallout3

SWBTcallout1

As someone who has the clarity of being out of the dating pool, I promise you, fellow men, that while "tits? haha" may work every now and then, it's making most of at least 1/2 of the world's population very uncomfortable (and it's also terribly inefficient, but that's neither here nor there at the moment). We're better than this, and women deserve more than just an unsolicited request for a blowjob when being courted by a potential mate.

And I'm not saying we can't all get a little perverted with a member of the opposite (or same!) sex here and there. Another thing I have come to learn (and cherish) in living with said live-in girlfriend is that sometimes you're not going to want to deal with all the hooplah of love-making...

Sometimes you just want to do all kinds of fucked up shit...

SWBT33

Just do it with some class, guys.

RELATED:  This Conservative Douchebag  Hates Women So Much He Goes After Victims of Rape