The Daily Banter Mail Bag: The VA Scandal, Conspiracy Theories and Who We'd Like to Interview for The Banter

In this week's edition of The Daily Banter Mail Bag, Bob, Ben and Chez discuss the VA scandal, ludicrous conspiracy theories and who we'd like to interview for The Daily Banter.
In this week's edition of The Daily Banter Mail Bag, Bob, Ben and Chez discuss the VA scandal, ludicrous conspiracy theories and who we'd like to interview for The Daily Banter.
alex_jones_crazy_eye

In this week's edition of The Daily Banter Mail Bag, Bob, Ben and Chez discuss the VA scandal, ludicrous conspiracy theories and who we'd like to interview for The Daily Banter.

The questions:

1. It's actually starting to look like the V.A. scandal is going to be a real thing. How much damage do you think it can do to President Obama and how do you think the Republicans will proceed on it?
-- Ruth

Ben: It's kind of turning into another Benghazi. It's a scandal for sure, but it's not exactly clear how it went down, or who exactly is to blame. I think that the Republican screeching will essentially get Obama a pass on it in the long run, as their criticism are a) largely irrelevant b) massively hypocritical, and c) downright fucking stupid (see Rush Limbaugh/Sean Hannity etc etc). This really highlights the awful quagmire the US political system is in as it's completely impossible to have a rational conversation about things like this. If the Obama administration was negligible in some way, we should know about it and have them respond in a responsible way. Instead, you get irrational lunacy and absolutely nothing productive other than a lot of name calling.

Chez: How will the Republicans proceed? The way they always have -- shouting it from the rooftops, running it into the ground, and basically turning it into a never-ending Fox News meme until the articles of impeachment can be drawn up. Now, is it a very real issue? Yes, it is, and Obama needs to act on it at light speed, taking complete control, or risk giving the GOP everything it's ever dreamed of. Thankfully, it's also getting out there that the Republicans helped contribute to this mess.

Bob: There appears to be a Walter Reed or VA scandal every several years. This is what happens when there's a maniacal urge, either by the White House or the congressional Republicans, to cut government spending. But overall, it doesn't appear to have the traction of the other scandals, even though it probably should.

2. If you had to choose one, which ludicrous conspiracy theory would you believe has the best chance of being at least partially true?
-- John

Chez: That the throbbing in my head is being caused by internet transmissions.

Bob: Either of the Kennedy assassinations.

Ben: I've always thought that one about a secret society protecting descendants of Jesus Christ (as seen in 'The Da Vinci Code') could be true. I have absolutely no evidence for this other than the book and something else I read on it a while back (I forget the title). I choose my conspiracy theories carefully though, and make sure I don't ever do too much research for fear of finding out it's complete bullshit.

3. Who would you most like to interview for The Daily Banter?
-- Tim

Bob: Glenn Greenwald. Of course. And it wouldn't be pretty, which is why he'd refuse to do it in the first place.

Chez: Sasha Grey.

Ben: Joe Rogan. I've been trying to get hold of him for months. It's not because I have a man crush on him or anything and think he's a modern day philosopher, a closet genius, and a brilliant Martial Artist. Honestly. Joe, if by any chance you are reading this, you are the best. Please get in touch. And if anyone reading this knows him personally, please say hello to him from me and ask him will he please do an interview with us.