Nigerian Kidnapping Response is an Example of Vast and Pernicious Western Imperialism

While the world focuses on Islamist extremist group Boko Haram's plans to sell the 270 kidnapped Nigerian teenage girls into slavery, we should be more concerned with western imperialism.
While the world focuses on Islamist extremist group Boko Haram's plans to sell the 270 kidnapped Nigerian teenage girls into slavery, we should be more concerned with western imperialism.
droness

While the world focuses on Islamist extremist group Boko Haram's plans to sell the 270 kidnapped Nigerian teenage girls into slavery, we should be more concerned with western imperialism.

Of course the kidnapping thing is bad, but what about drone strikes? The lap dog media has predictably white-washed the neo imperialist attitude of the war hawks demanding action in Nigeria, heralding them as the saviors of Africans incapable of helping themselves. This is an egregious example of misogynistic paternalism expressed through a neocolonial viewpoint that diminishes the rights of indigenous people around the world.

Condemning human rights violations around the world is a brazen example of political self-delusion. Pointing this out is tantamount to treason in the vast and pernicious security state. As is typical for Western discourse, criticizing Western government militarism is immediately equated with support for whatever tyrants those governments happened to be opposing at the time.

The cynical feigning of concern for human rights masks our steadfast support of the worst dictators is about as stunning a display of western self-delusion as I could have imagined. The vigorous support of repellent regimes is also independent of the unparalleled political, financial, diplomatic and military support which the US lavishes on Israel.

Western 'journalists' run around acting as though the US is some sort of stalwart opponent of political repression and human rights violations when the exact opposite is so plainly true.

How so many of these people can even look in the mirror, behold the oozing, limitless intellectual dishonesty, and not want to smash what they see is truly mystifying to me.

Repulsive liberal hypocrisy extends far beyond the issue of the kidnapped Nigerian girls. Obama has used drones to kill Muslim children and innocent adults by the hundreds, yet sanctimonious liberals herald their Dear Leader as a stalwart of human rights.

I consider Blind Leader Loyalty one of the worst toxins in our political culture. It’s so remarkable to see these authoritarian follower traits manifest so vibrantly in the 'progressive' political movement, where 'liberals' believe that only primitive conservatives are plagued by such follower-mindlessness.

The 270 girls who will be forced into lives of sexual slavery and brutal repression, well, anyway... we need to focus on the drones.

UPDATE: As predicted, the lapdog media is doing its best to smear me. Could this get more vast and pernicious?

(sources:  https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/03/28/us-takes-break-condemning-tyranny-celebrate-obamas-visit-saudi-arabia/, http://www.salon.com/2012/02/08/repulsive_progressive_hypocrisy/)