‘You Got Me All Worked Up’: President Obama Gives Fox’s Ed Henry an Earful on Foreign Policy Critics

At a joint press conference with President Benigno Aquino III of the Philippine​s earlier today, Fox News Chief White House Correspondent Ed Henry asked President Obama to “answer those critics” who say his foreign policy doctrine “is weakness.” The President delivered a sharp, lengthy rejoinder to critics of his foreign policy, while also taking shots at Fox News and the broader news media, and concluding by telling Henry “You got me all worked up” on the subject.

“As you end this trip, I don’t think I have to remind you there have been a lot of unflattering portraits of your foreign policy right now,” Henry said. “And rather than get into all the details or red lines, excedera, I’d like to give you a chance to lay out what your vision is more than five years into office, what you think the Obama doctrine is in terms of what your guiding principle is on all of these crises, and how you answer those critics who say they think the doctrine is weakness.”

“Well, Ed, I doubt that I’m going to have time to lay out my entire foreign policy doctrine,” the President responded, adding “And there are actually some complimentary pieces as well about my foreign policy, but I’m not sure you ran them.”

The President then went on to attack those criticisms, point by point, noting that “Typically, criticism of our foreign policy has been directed at the failure to use military force,” and asking “why is it that everybody is so eager to use military force after we’ve just gone through a decade of war at enormous costs to our troops and to our budget? And what is it exactly that these critics think would have been accomplished?”

“My job as Commander-in-Chief is to deploy military force as a last resort, and to deploy it wisely,” he continued. “And, frankly, most of the foreign policy commentators that have questioned our policies would go headlong into a bunch of military adventures that the American people had no interest in participating in and would not advance our core security interests.”

On Syria, the President pointed out that his critics “say, no, no, no, we don’t mean sending in troops,” and asked “Well, what do you mean?”

“Well, you should be assisting the opposition — well, we’re assisting the opposition,” President Obama said, then asked “What else do you mean? Well, perhaps you should have taken a strike in Syria to get chemical weapons out of Syria. Well, it turns out we’re getting chemical weapons out of Syria without having initiated a strike. So what else are you talking about? And at that point it kind of trails off.”

On Ukraine, the President asked of those critics, “What else should we be doing? Well, we shouldn’t be putting troops in, the critics will say. That’s not what we mean. Well, okay, what are you saying? Well, we should be arming the Ukrainians more. Do people actually think that somehow us sending some additional arms into Ukraine could potentially deter the Russian army? Or are we more likely to deter them by applying the sort of international pressure, diplomatic pressure and economic pressure that we’re applying?”

“The point is that for some reason many who were proponents of what I consider to be a disastrous decision to go into Iraq haven’t really learned the lesson of the last decade, and they keep on just playing the same note over and over again,” the President said. “Why? I don’t know.”

President Obama went on to take another shot at the political media, telling Henry that the U.S. doesn’t take actions “because somebody sitting in an office in Washington or New York think it would look strong. That’s not how we make foreign policy. And if you look at the results of what we’ve done over the last five years, it is fair to say that our alliances are stronger, our partnerships are stronger, and in the Asia Pacific region, just to take one example, we are much better positioned to work with the peoples here on a whole range of issues of mutual interest.”

“And that may not always be sexy,” the President concluded. “That may not always attract a lot of attention, and it doesn’t make for good arguments on Sunday morning shows. But it avoids errors. You hit singles, you hit doubles; every once in a while we may be able to hit a home run.

When Henry circled back to an earlier question, the President joked “You got me all worked up on the other one.”

Here’s video of the exchange, via The White House:

YouTube Preview Image
  • President_Lindsay

    The guy’s a white house correspondent but doesn’t know how to pronounce “etcetera”. Really? What’s so tough about that word that as many people mispronounce it “eksetera” as mispronounce “nuclear” as “nukular”. Don’t mean to be a word scold, but this is not rocket science. Shouldn’t correspondents and journalists have a basic grasp of common word pronunciation?

  • Paul Roman

    Iraq is being retaken by radicals, the political structure in Afghanistan is weak at best. There are several revolutions going on around the world in several different countries. Putin and the communists are invaded and taking over in other sovereign nations. Our own economic situation makes us weak on the world stage and nothing is being done about that. I have never suggested that military action is the only other option and President Reagan kept much more threatening forces at bay while using a minimal amount of military force. What is President Obama’s excuse? We know he won’t take any responsibility for the state of the world five years into his presidency. Why didn’t he answer Ed Henry about “the red line” that the president invoked at the Syrian president? As usual it is just duck and dodge the question and accuse anyone that criticizes as having another agenda. Same thing he always does.

    • BumpIt McCarthy

      Reagan? The guy who lost an entire barracks full of soldiers in Libya and ran like hell? Or the Reagan who sold arms to Iran?

      Or the one who kept much more threatening forces at bay like Granada’s terrifying shock troops?

      Or the one who came in with a surplus and left with a giant deficit?

      Oh, they were the SAME GUY? What a lot of failure for one lifetime.

  • Delta Rain

    Oh, yes.. in the Pacific Region. Especially China. They are loving our resources (check out Lake Michigan) and our factories that EPA shut down in America. Syria? Ummmmm… Good thing Obama got to ask and answer his own questions on that land mine. Our military? Is everywhere, guarding the resources of the elite corporations. Back to the Pacific Region and building those relationships? Remember: No to TPP.

  • Synclavius

    Americans love war. If you aren’t super eager to start another one someone is going to call you a pussy and it’s going to stick.

  • Sean Jackson

    Breaking down the polls you find the common trend of majority non-white support being outweighed by staunch white opposition, greatly dragging his overall numbers down.

    He can’t make white people get over his blackness.

    Tell again how opposition to Obama isn’t racial?

  • Schneibster

    Great look for Henry, spoiled child is definitely where he’s at.

  • Schneibster

    Boy, we sure got a bumper crop of loonies today, huh?

    • bbiemeret

      They’re starting to come out of the woodwork.

  • Joe Smith

    Obama’s delusion is that the only criticism he sees is the one that said he should constantly be going to war. His ivory-tower view shows him only the barest minority of his critics, the ones who he is able to build up as strawmen in this exchange with Henry and easily knock down.
    No Obama, your loudest critics didn’t tell you to bomb Syria. That was your own administration that was telling you that, and your saber-rattling was evidence of it. The loudest critics told to you to stay the hell out of it!
    The same goes for almost every other one of your failures, except for Benghazi, which you already failed by bombing Libya unnecessarily and illegally in the first place. You owned Libya after that, so your failure to secure it is on you, the same as you put Iraq’s security on Bush.

    • Schneibster

      Only, see, when you start asking questions that’s what they all say is wrong, “He’s afraid of” this’n’that or so’n’so “won” but they’re not in favor of using military force in any particular case. Apparently he’s supposed to make something up to have a war about and he didn’t so that’s “bad” and he “lost.”

      Or something.

      And of course, everything is a “failure.” Why’s that? Well, because it just is!

      Obama got bin Laden. Let’s start there, shall we?

      • Joe Smith

        Let’s end there instead, since he did nothing to make it happen. The entire stage for capturing/killing Osama was set by Bush, and only a partisan fool would deny that.

        • Schneibster

          You mean other than review the plan, approve it, and give the final “go” order?

          Now stop lying.

          As far as Bush, wasn’t he the idiot who pulled Tommy Franks off Osama in Tora Bora in order to start planning the invasion of Iraq?

          • Joe Smith

            And you act like the many years of operations it took to set that up were nothing. Obama magically made all the stars align one night at the Pakistan border.
            Now stop lying.

          • Schneibster

            What “years of operations?” Bush was more interested in Iraq than Afghanistan, and more interested in Saddam Hussein than Osama bin Laden.

            Meanwhile his good buddy Musharraf had bin Laden the whole time, training his military.

            You’re lying again.

          • Joe Smith

            That’s your biased opinion and it’s based on nothing factual. Playing nice with Pakistan was necessary; getting Osama would not have happened without it.
            You have a very narrow and unrealistic view. If Obama were a football player, your viewpoint would give him the MVP for coming in for one play and scoring from the one yard line, and the other guy who ran for 120 yards would be irrelevant.
            You really should stop lying and assuming your readers are stupid.

          • Schneibster

            Other than Tommy Franks’ book about it, you mean?

            Now stop lying.

            Meanwhile, maybe you forgot but we found Osama bin Laden in Pakistan, in Abbottabad a mile or so from their version of West Point.

            On Earth.

          • Joe Smith

            LOL. Even if I gave you Osama as an Obama success of his own (which it clearly is not), that’s one in almost 6 years.
            That’s pretty pitiful for all of your furious defense of the failure.
            Now stop lying.

          • Schneibster

            Next comes Libya.

            And when you bring up Benghazi, I point out that traitor, car thief, and arsonist Darrell Issa blew the Benghazi operation, which was shipping weapons out of Benghazi and into Turkey for them to give to Syria, thus accomplishing two purposes at once.

            You have dishonored Ambassador Stevens, traitor liar Libertardian loser.

            Then there’s Syria, where we waved our strike capability, booga booga booga, and they started finding ways to get rid of their chemical weapons. Shall we discuss that?

            Next we can have a cozy little confab about the Kingdom, which is currently pressuring Qatar to stop supporting the Muslim Brotherhood. And Egypt which has refused them.

            Maybe you’d sound smarter if you actually knew anything about foreign policy in the Middle East.

          • Joe Smith

            The “rebels” in Syria were Al Qaeda. Maybe you’ll remember them killing 3,000 people in 2001 when the last Democrat president failed to pursue terrorism.
            Syria found ways to get rid of their chemical weapons when Germany bailed Obama out of nearly starting World War 3, which was Obama’s first run-in with Russia and when Putin lost all respect for him.
            You are pretending you are the smart one here when it’s so apparent that you can’t compete.
            You’re a funny little boy and I find you entertaining, but some of us have to work tomorrow. Goodnight.

          • Schneibster

            LOL, no, only some of them are AQ.

            You’re lying again.

          • dbtheonly

            Hey Joe,

            Have you read any of the books written about the killing of Osama? Do you know anything of the reality of what occurred?

        • BumpIt McCarthy

          I’m so sorry to have missed this howler! Bush set the stage how– by ignoring daily briefings and allowing 9/11 to happen?

          “I really don’t think about him, to tell you the truth” — guess who, talking about guess whom?

          This primer on recent history, and a smidge of grammar, brought to you by Delusional Wingnuts and the letter W.

        • http://batman-news.com womenandchildrenfirst

          A partisan fool. you say? You seem to be exhibit A.

  • Mr. Nice Guy

    Unfrappin believable. I made a comment on Obamas qualification as a leader this morning and all I have done since, is retort idiots who have not mentioned one (1) qualifying property that he possesses. In stead, I have been the recipient of nothing but hate for being a free thinker.I have been called a racist,( Shocking, right? Who could believe that coming from a bunch of fact-less Progressives) despite the lack of evidence and despite my skin color, which has been assumed to be white. Is everyone on this site timesharing a brain cell? It’s clearly nobody’s weekend. Nice work Bob. You’ve got to be better than this.

    • Schneibster

      Tell ya what, loopy lying Libertardian loser, go home to StormFront.

      And pay your taxes, traitor.

    • Henry_Moody

      You come here and act like a troll, you’re gonna get treated like a troll.

      Your “comment on Obama’s qualification as a leader” was two sentences of nonsense about the fact that his pretty brilliant smack-down of Ed Henry contained in it the word “sexy.”

      Read my first sentence one more time.

    • courtbt

      You are aware that you are just as bad as all the comments you are (not your – sorry, couldn’t resist!) complaining about, right? It’s all about tone and how you discuss things with people? You all brought out the worst in each other, which was pretty sad to read. Even this comment was pretty aggressive, abrasive, and rather, well, troll-like.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Well, Bob, on the plus side, the fact that the Daily Banter is now attracting rightwing trolls shows your internet presence is growing. Congratulations!

  • Wolf Revels

    Video blocked by content owner. Got another link?

  • Marie

    Schneibster … ALL have their zealots. Doves and Hawks abound on each side. So your comment is irrelevant. However, what is…Obama talks the talk just fine, but when it comes to walking the walk, he stumbles around in his golf shoes. He’s all chatter…trying to emit this big and bad persona. Please! He’s so inept in foreign affairs (and domestic) that he sent Biden to Kiev who THANKED them for “…making me (he) feel relevant again.” Seriously? Whether it’s been Israel, Syria, Arab Spring (joke), Russia, etc… he has failed miserably. The only things he is markedly good at are golf games, parties and vacations…probably only outdone by Michele when it comes to the latter two… The world sees him as a joke…and the majority here in the States an embarrassment.

    • Schneibster

      “They’re all the same” Libertardian propaganda detected.

      Deliberate feigned ignorance of bin Laden and Gaddafi noted. Bullshit about how Putin “won” noted. Bullshit about how the ISI “won” noted.

      Don’t lie, “Marie.” It’s obvious and embarrassing.

    • D_C_Wilson

      So, to paraphrase Obama’s own question, what, specifically should he be doing differently in Israel, Syria, Russia, etc? Tell us what steps he should have been taken. It’s easy to point fingers and declare someone else failure. Now do the hard part and tell us what was the right thing to do.

  • Marie

    No one wants another war. No one wants military action. To make the argument that this is ‘all the other side wants’ is not only irresponsible but categorically incorrect. Where the issues lie is Obama’s “redline’ threats… he huffs and puffs and calls other leaders out on their behavior, threatening swift and severe actions…and then does NOTHING. Sanctions can be meaningful…but not in drips and drabs! As like he is here in the states…rhetoric, rhetoric, rhetoric. I guess to expect more from a glorified bake sale and community street organizer isn’t realistic.

    • Schneibster

      Actually, the Teapublicans want to criticize Obama for not bringing more war.

      On Earth.

      Wake up emoprog.

  • Schneibster

    Meanwhile, cleanup on aisle five. Gee, Mr. Henry, I don’t think that’s gonna grow back.

  • Schneibster

    Here come the lying loopy Libertardian losers.

  • CommonCents

    ABC blocked this video. Why aren’t they showing the clip where fauxbama is all rattled about his “doctrine” What a thin skinned loser.

    • 624LC .

      Did the stormfront site go down again? Is that why you “devil’s rejects” cast members here?

    • Schneibster

      ABC didn’t show video of Fox’ WHPC representative going off the reservation?

      Gee, I wonder why. Duh.

  • blackirishblonde

    July 15., 2008 speech given by then-Senator Obama at the Woodrow Wilson Center ~~~ Here Obama listed the five pillars of his foreign policy, should he be elected:

    I will focus this strategy on five goals essential to making America safer: ending the war in Iraq responsibly; finishing the fight against al Qaeda and the Taliban; securing all nuclear weapons and materials from terrorists and rogue states; achieving true energy security; and rebuilding our alliances to meet the challenges of the 21st century,

    How did that work out for us??

    • Rollo Tamasi

      Pretty good so far.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Well, let’s see:

      The Iraq war has ended.
      Osama bin Laden is swimming the sharks,
      Al Qaeda has lost all centralized control and is now a broken up into disjointed fragments.
      The Taliban isn’t gaining any ground since their overthrow.
      The Israeli prime minister says relations with America “have never been stronger.”
      Iran still doesn’t have a nuclear weapon.
      North Korea is boxed in.
      Energy production is at such a high that we’re actually producing more oil right now than Saudi Arabia.
      Solar and wind power are growing.
      Syria is giving up its chemicals.
      Our European allies are looking to us for leadership on the Russian/Ukraine situation.

      Yeah, it’s worked out pretty well.

      • Victor_the_Crab

        Which, translated by the worthess trolls swarming here, means Obama is an unmitigated disaster, amirite?

        • D_C_Wilson

          Well, of course. Remember that rule number one of the Tea Party is never talk about the Tea Party. Rule number two is that Obama is always wrong, no matter what he does.

  • cablejunkie

    laughing and smoozing at the WHCD this weekend should be fun,whata swarmy lot.

  • bbiemeret
  • Mr. Nice Guy

    What happens when your elected to an office that is way out of your league? You use words like “sexy” when discussing foreign policy.

    • i_a_c

      Right, because words like “shock” and “awe” worked out so well.

      You don’t have a substantive comment, so there’s the door to News Busters. On your way.

      • Mr. Nice Guy

        Bush use the term to describe a military strategy. I think it’s relevance is acceptable. But hey, why trust me? Here’s the Wiki:

        Shock and awe (technically known as rapid dominance) is a military doctrine based on the use of overwhelming power, dominant battlefield awareness, dominant maneuvers, and spectacular displays of force to paralyze the enemy’s perception of the battlefield and destroy its will to fight. The doctrine was written by Harlan K. Ullman and James P. Wade in 1996 and is a product of theNational Defense University of the United States.

        Substantive enough for ya?
        Now go read a book for Pete’s sake.

        • Schneibster

          After you pay your taxes, Libertardian.

          • Mr. Nice Guy

            Snappy comeback, Carrot Top. Wanna take another crack at it? Certainly you have some relevant and amusing quip for the rest of the class.

          • Schneibster

            “Carrot top?”

            So, hallucinate much?

            Just askin’.

          • Mr. Nice Guy

            Don’t sell yourself short. You’re every bit as witty as Carrot Top.

          • Schneibster

            Witticism is merely a tool to aid in dealing with racist assholes and other Libertardians.

          • Mr. Nice Guy

            It’s pronounced Libtard, Libtard, and I find it amusing that you plagiarize Rush Limbaugh. I find it also amusing that you are racist enough to assume I’m not a minority.Is it because I am educated? Typical. The quiet Liberal racism of low expecttions. Need I remind you which political party fought against the civil rights movement? A bit of advise: You need not waste your time with the “Tool” of wittiness. It’s not your thing. You’re quite the “Tool” all by yourself.

          • Schneibster

            No, it’s pronounced “Libertardian.” Or “Emoprog.” Or “Teabagger.” Or “bagro.” Or “meth dealer.” Or “trailer trash.”

          • Mr. Nice Guy

            So much hate. I could never be a Liberal. I simply don’t have the choler. ( Look it up, Einstein)

          • Schneibster

            Typical Libertardian, blames revelation of stupidity on emotion. Stop lying, Libertardian, and go pay your taxes.

          • Mr. Nice Guy

            Wow. Again with the tax thing , huh? Perhaps you could run off and educate yourself? Then you can come back when you have more than the three “bumper sticker” ideologies you so tenaciously cling to. But then, if you so, you would no longer qualify to be a Libtard. Never mind. Isn’t there a coffee shop owner somewhere, wondering why your late?

          • Schneibster

            I’m not the one with an MBA from a school with accreditation problems.

            Go sell some used cars. After you pay your taxes.

          • Mr. Nice Guy

            That’s…..great?

          • Schneibster

            Or maybe you have a warehouse you can set fire to so you can collect the insurance, like your butt-buddy Darrell Issa.

          • Mr. Nice Guy

            For the record , I don’t think anyone will ever accuse you of being the guy with the MBA. Good luck. Don’t forget to vote.

          • Schneibster

            Yeah, you’re right, you’ll never catch me selling used cars.

          • Mr. Nice Guy

            Why not, I think you’re perfect. Having said that, I want to congratulate you on finally bringing his little chat to the point where neither of us know what the fuck you’re talking about. At least you’re not alone anymore.

          • Schneibster

            Because I don’t have to. I’m smarter than you.

            Which is also why I didn’t forget what the conversation’s about, or talk about “my elected to an office,” or misspell “Mother lode.”

            Go pull your ears at little kids or something.

            And pay your taxes, loopy lying Libertardian loser.

          • Scopedog

            You know who else had a MBA? Yep…President G.W. Bush.

            Looks like MNG is in good company (snark)…

          • Victor_the_Crab

            Actually buddy, your right wing hate speaks for yourself. This is from your own Disqus profile:

            “Can someone please tell me how to tell Chris Hayes and Rachel Maddow apart? I know one of them is a girl, right?:

            “I never liked Rachel Maddow. I think he’s an idiot.”

            You use Rachel Maddow’s appearance and her sexuality to hurl homophobic insults at her.

            And you claim liberals are full of hate? You lose.

          • Mr. Nice Guy

            I think the Maddow-Hayes conundrum is a valid and perplexing discussion.
            I noticed that you didn’t even try to answer it.

          • Victor_the_Crab

            Thank you for proving my point.

          • bbiemeret

            “Bagro”? That’s a new one. I dig it, though.

          • Lady Willpower

            BECAUSE DEMOCRATS ARE THE REAL RACISTS.

        • 624LC .

          Wikipedia is your substantive response? And since the Iraq war was such a failure under bush, you should quit while we still have the humor to pity you.

        • Marie Josee Godbout

          Now let’s talk now about “Mission Accomplished…” ended under Obama-Biden…

    • David L.

      What happens when in just 27 comments you manage to build the perfect shitball filled to the brim with every single ingredient for right-wing assholery out there: racism, mysoginy, homophobia and ignorance. Go fuck a corpse (preferably Washington’s, since you wuv him soo much), Mr. Nice Guy.

      • Mr. Nice Guy

        Go fuck a corpse? Wow you’re quite the apex if intellectual banter, aren’t you? Typical liberal diatribe of Intolerance to opposing views,a heap of psuedo-intelectualism, and just a pinch of vast delusion. Now, get off of your Mom’s computer and have her make you a roll up. This is a forum for grown ups.

        • David L.

          My mom is laughing her ass off at the dimwit who upvoted his own comment.

          • Mr. Nice Guy

            Tell her I said “Sup”.

          • Schneibster

            LOL, tolja. Libertardians have no pride.

          • Lady Willpower

            They always do.

    • 624LC .

      And when you have nothing better to counter the truth of what is said (nor really understand it) you project your failure of a life onto a competent smart man. You were out of league in kindergarten. Bye …

      • Mr. Nice Guy

        I was out of my league in kindergarten. That’s why I skipped two grades before graduating High School, dip shit. BTW, Professor, “Bye” is a definitive and complete statement. Therefore, ellipsis points are unwarranted. Please go back to watching Mr. Maddow. The adults are talking.

        • 624LC .

          You can fuck off with your fake school biography. You may have skipped some grades, but a degree in glue huffing is all you got. The adults have indeed spoken and have handed you your walking papers here. So get a move on – it is probably time for Fox News.

          • Mr. Nice Guy

            You Libs are adorable.

          • Schneibster

            You forgot to bring up Benghazi again.

          • Mr. Nice Guy

            Lets wait till the election to do that.

          • 624LC .

            Yeah, because that is really going make or break the decision.

          • Schneibster

            Sounds good. We can talk about it right after we talk about treasonous economic sabotage for racism.

          • 624LC .

            And you wingnuts bring the ass in asshole. Bless your heart

          • shindigg

            You CONS got nothing!

          • Marie Josee Godbout

            And you the Neo Cons are miserable…

        • Lady Willpower

          “Mr. Maddow?” Sooo weak.

    • Jason E

      Are you really nice?

      • Mr. Nice Guy

        Depends how nice one finds the truth to be. “The truth will set you free”. That’s nice, right?

        • 624LC .

          You are a failure and incredibly lame.

          Oh, wow…you are right! I feel so free!

        • Schneibster

          Unfortunately you think you can have your own version of “the truth” by yelling loud enough.

        • Jason E

          Whatever gets you through the night! I’ve met a few conservatives who were able to agree to disagree, which I thought was nice. Apparently those days are long gone.

          • Mr. Nice Guy

            Not sure what you mean, Jason E. Perhaps you could reread the thread of hostile remarks towards my post. You will find my retorts to be sharper than my original comment., which I , by the way, stand by. I was simply responding to fire with fire. Just because it was an intellectual mismatch, doesn’t make me mean spirited. I at least tried to float a bit of levity into the shallow intellectual pool of hate spewing, left wing babble.

          • Jason E

            I replied to your original post, I don’t give a shit about the thread! Now let’s reflect on your comment about the “pool” you have waddled into. How did you find yourself here? Did some twisted left winger lead you to our little hate filled oasis? I’m thinking you sought us out, because you like playing the villain. You like to duke it out with people who don’t share your low vision worldview. If I’m right then I think you should reflect on it, try to pinpoint the moment in your life where you decided it would be good fun to taunt people who disagree with you. Get to know that pain and you’ll feel better. I promise. Ps, I rarely call people names (I did recently call a troll on here – A dickless piece of shit) because it takes away from your argument, not to mention the sticks and stones rule. But I find the use of Libtard to be particularly sad and repulsive.

          • Mr. Nice Guy

            How many pieces of shit WITH dicks have you run across in this little “oasis” of yours? Based on the responses I have conjured up, I would say a this is the Mother load. As far as pinpointing the moment in my life where I decided it would be fun to taunt people who disagree with me? That would be right now. Till then……………

          • Jason E

            Like I said I’m not very good at the name calling, I got angry and that’s what came out. You didn’t answer my question about how you were lead to the Banter. Were you referred by a friend?

          • Mr. Nice Guy

            It was posted on FB. Ya know Jason E, I’m getting the feeling I’m not welcome here. Is it because I challenge the status quo or because I intellectually bitch slapped your cohorts? Perhaps it’s because I’m a minority? Is this another one of those left wing racist sites? If so, are you selling Clippers jerseys?

          • Jason E

            You got me, I did assume you were an angry old white dude. Please forgive me! I don’t run the Banter so it’s not my job to determine who’s welcome. So have fun “intellectually bitch slapping” people. Are there really left wing racist websites, because that would be weird.

          • Schneibster

            So much for masquerading as someone with a degree.

            Next time don’t spell “Mother lode” wrong, genius.

          • Lady Willpower

            Did you skip the grade where they taught you what a “motherlode” is?

          • Marie Josee Godbout

            Since Jan. 21, 2009, they want to kill anybody that comes from this POTUS…

    • Schneibster

      Actually he wasn’t talking about foreign policy, he was talking about Ed Henry’s coverage of it.

      Also don’t forget to like your own posts. The loopy lying Libertardian losers always do that.

    • Marie Josee Godbout

      He uses the vocabulary and terminology to be understood by Fox News audience…

    • Gunnut2600

      “you’re”

      • Mr. Nice Guy

        “Your”. Thanks for playing.

        • Gunnut2600

          I am afraid “you’re” wrong…

          Read your post that I am commenting on again.

          • Mr. Nice Guy

            If you’re ( you are )not qualified, you’re ( you are) out of your
            ( implying possession) league. I am afraid you’re( you are ) wrong my friend.

          • Schneibster

            Can’t spell “mother lode” either. Typical loony lying Libertardian loser trying to pretend he has a degree.

            Sorry, loser, I have no idea what my elected to an office means.

          • Henry_Moody

            You’re (you are) pretty cocky for a guy who’s (who is) completely and totally dead fucking wrong. But I suppose you’re (you are) pretty used to that by now.

            Copied from your (implying possession) comment above. The one that Gunnut2600 was replying to….

            What happens when your elected to an office that is way out of your league?

          • Gunnut2600

            “What happens when your elected to an office that is way out of your league?”

            I would like you to parse this sentence of yours.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Well, thankfully, Sarah Palin was never elected to such an office.

      • Mr. Nice Guy

        At least the term “Sexy” would be relevant!

        • D_C_Wilson

          Stupid is never sexy.

          • Mr. Nice Guy

            You have my sympathy.

          • D_C_Wilson

            I was going to say the same for you.

  • DJ Mauri

    President Obama is 100% correct on this issue, and his critics are full of shit. They want more war, bloodshed and to line the pockets of the military-industrial complex. They want to see war in Syria, Russia, Iran, China, and maybe on the side bomb those socialists in Scandinavia. Ed Henry isn’t a “journalist”, he’s a paid hack of Fox News, and Obama has every right to bitch slap these fools from time to time.

    • Marie Josee Godbout

      Henry must be kind of masochist…cause the POTUS scolds him every time with facts and arguments…

  • criterionstalker

    Ed Henry getting sent to the woodshed like the sought hack he is.

  • nerdnam

    “…and at that point, it kinds of trails off.”
    There is the epitaph for virtually all of the criticism this president has received over the last five years.

    • Marie Josee Godbout

      This is not ‘criticism’…this is declared war….

  • Terra Gazelle

    Too many people do not hear what the president has to say…and they are the ones that need it the most.

    • Otto66

      Agree.

    • Rollo Tamasi

      So true. It applies to the left and the right.

      • Schneibster

        The extremists and fundies, as always.

    • Justin Serioulsy Screams

      He doesn’t really have anything solid to say. He was just given a chance to explain himself and instead decided to go on the offensive and defend his weakness and ineptitude and attack those who disagree with him. THAT is the “Obama doctrine”!

      • judi

        Shouldn’t you be trolling on the FOX site????

      • cheviteau

        The batshit in your cave has made you crazy.

      • Marie Josee Godbout

        You deserve your nickname…

      • Dave Atwood

        “he decided to go on the offensive and defend his weakness….” lol sorry was he being defensive or offensive here?

        or was he just pointedly answering a stupid stabbing question by someone trying to get him worked up?

        • bbiemeret

          You know what they say about the best offense being a good defense, or something…

      • Sean Jackson

        Again how is he weak, because he refuses to recklessly launch military actions like the cons want? Why have you people learned nothing in the last 14 years?

    • Marie Josee Godbout

      Are you sure that they would understand it ?

  • courtbt

    Have you seen the headlines about this coming from the right? “Arrogance!’ Ed Henry rattles Obama; President Stompy Foot sneers at Fox News” and “Obama: I don’t have time to explain my “doctrine,” but let me explain Bush’s.” I understand moderate conservatives and can often find common ground with them but honestly – who are these people?

    • Otto66

      Gotta keep the rubes “ascared” otherwise they won’t send money. Have to admit, more and more emails I get from the left have started to you use the “scary, scary” approach. Blocked ‘em.

  • 624LC .

    Bitch slap delivery for mr. Henry! Bitch slap for mr. Henry! Please pick it up on your way out…