Whoops! Christian 'Family Values' Congressman Caught on Video Cheating on Wife with Staffer

Rep. Vance McAllister (R-LA), who was elected on a family values, conservative Christian platform, was apparently caught on video by The Ouachita Citizen newspaper embracing and passionately kissing a female staffer, Melissa Peacock.
Rep. Vance McAllister (R-LA), who was elected on a family values, conservative Christian platform, was apparently caught on video by The Ouachita Citizen newspaper embracing and passionately kissing a female staffer, Melissa Peacock.
mcallister_video

Rep. Vance McAllister (R-LA), who was elected on a family values, conservative Christian platform, was apparently caught on video by The Ouachita Citizen newspaper embracing and passionately kissing a female staffer, Melissa Peacock.

McAllister has been married since 1997.

The congressman's name might sound familiar to you. He's the guy who invited Willie Robertson from "Duck Dynasty" to this year's State of the Union address. During the controversy surrounding Phil Robertson's homophobic remarks, McAllister said, "The Robertsons are great people and great friends of mine. Everyone is criticizing a reality star that became so popular by being himself."

Here's Willie Robertson's videotaped endorsement of McAllister:

And here's a McAllister campaign ad from his run-off election last year in which he emphasizes his faith and family values, and how he intends to "protect the Christian way of life:"

Once and forever, it's the hypocrisy, stupid. If you're going to stake your public career on shaming anyone who doesn't conform to your view of "Christian values," then you'd better keep it zipped up.

UPDATE: McAllister released a statement confirming the video.

“There’s no doubt I’ve fallen short and I’m asking for forgiveness,” McAllister said in a statement. “I’m asking for forgiveness from God, my wife, my kids, my staff and my constituents who elected me to serve.

“Trust is something I know has to be earned whether you’re a husband, a father or a congressman. I promise to do everything I can to earn back the trust of everyone I’ve disappointed. From day one, I’ve always tried to be an honest man. I ran for Congress to make a difference and not just be another politician.

“I don’t want to make a political statement on this, I would just simply like to say that I’m very sorry for what I’ve done. While I realize I serve the public, I would appreciate the privacy given to my children as we get through this.”