THE MORNING BANTER: Ukraine Deja Vu, Dumb Americans, New Yorker Covers, and Super Mario

Happy Tuesday! Here's what's happening on the interweb:
Happy Tuesday! Here's what's happening on the interweb:
Supermario3tv

Happy Tuesday! It's all happening! But here's what's happening on the interweb:

1. Pro-Russian Activists Declare East Ukrainian Region Independent, Call for Referendum

Pro-Moscow activists barricaded inside government buildings in eastern Ukraine proclaimed their regions independent Monday and called for a referendum on seceding from Ukraine.

I'm getting the weirdest feeling of deja vu right now, but speaking of...

2. The Less Americans Know About Ukraine’s location, The More They Want U.S. to Intervene

The Washington Post reported on a study done by a collection of Ivy League professors, which found that  only one out of six Americans can find Ukraine on a map, and that this lack of knowledge is related to preferences: The farther their guesses were from Ukraine’s actual location, the more they wanted the U.S.  to intervene with military force.

Just let that one sink for a bit.

3. New Yorker Shows Obama Getting His Health Care Revenge On Republicans

Artist Barry Blitt told the magazine, “I enjoyed drawing Ted Cruz, John Boehner, and Michele Bachmann as petulant children—and I especially wanted to draw an open-mouthed Mitch McConnell being spoon-fed his meds.”

Yeah Barry, when they see this image they're totally going to have their minds' blown, man. Fight the power.

4. Mario in the Real World

Props to this amateur animator for showing that video games really do ruin lives: