THE MORNING BANTER: Obama & Equality, the Minds of Anti-Vaxxers, Remembering Kurt, and Colbert's White Male Oppression

Welcome back to Monday, gerbils. Off to the wheel with you. Here are some headlines and internet tidbits to numb the pain.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
Welcome back to Monday, gerbils. Off to the wheel with you. Here are some headlines and internet tidbits to numb the pain.
Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 9.03.03 AM

Welcome back to Monday, gerbils. Off to the wheel with you. Here are some headlines and internet tidbits to numb the pain.

1. But, but -- WORSE THAN BUSH!

The Huffington Post: Obama To Sign Executive Orders On Equal Pay

2. Remember that Abe Vigoda is still alive.

USA Today: Hollywood Legend Mickey Rooney Dies

3. Meet a pastor who says that vaccines interfere with God's will and a mother who says this: "I’m not scared of my children getting any diseases. I’m scared of the vaccine. They’re man-made concoctions that are injected straight into the blood stream." Journey down the rabbit hole of ignorance, arrogance and idiocy.

National Post: Immunization No More: Inside the Mindset of Parents Who Spurn Vaccination

And in case you need more reading on the subject, there's this and this and this and this and this.

4. Speaking of conspiracy theories, you know how all those friends of yours are worrying about a supervolcano eruption in Yellowstone because of a thirty-second video clip of a bunch of running buffalos they've posted on Facebook? Yeah, please give them this.

NBC News: Yellowstone Volcano Warning? It's Bunk, Park Officials Say

5. Last week marked 20 years since the death of Kurt Cobain, our last great rock-and-roll martyr. With word of the original line-up of Hole reforming and Soundgarden and Nine Inch Nails going on tour together, it's like my 20s all over again (only without the giant handfuls of drugs). But always at the center of that era and our collective memory of it is Kurt -- his impact and now his legacy.

Spin: The Ghost of Saint Kurt

6. Fuck yeah, Arya.

Time: Game of Thrones Recap: "Fear Factor"

7. This six-year-old piece was very wisely just republished and is absolutely worth reading (again).

Esquire: Stephen Colbert's Guide To White Male Oppression: I Am a Martyr. (And So Can You!)