Sarah Palin Defends Her Waterboarding Remarks, Hides Behind Flag-Draped Coffins

Sarah Palin's line about her Facebook post in response to the backlash is hysterically unintelligible. Many of her posts are ghost-written, but this new Facebook item is all her. How can I tell? It's a country-fried mess.
Sarah Palin's line about her Facebook post in response to the backlash is hysterically unintelligible. Many of her posts are ghost-written, but this new Facebook item is all her. How can I tell? It's a country-fried mess.
palin_big_gulp_derp

Sarah Palin's line about waterboarding terrorists in order to baptize them was ridiculous and incoherent, but her Facebook post in response to the backlash is hysterically unintelligible. Many of her posts are ghost-written, but this new Facebook item is all her. How can I tell? It's a country-fried mess.

I'll skip over her continued insistence that waterboarding actually produces actionable intelligence. It doesn't. Expecting Palin to support the acquisition of intelligence is a nonstarter anyway because she's really not a fan of, you know, intelligence. She'd rather use a medieval torture technique in which the detainee blurts out any old gibberish, rather than actual information, just to make the drowning stop.

I'll also skip over how she shamelessly and tastelessly used dead soldiers and the victims of the attack on the American consulate in Benghazi as a shield against critics, liberal and conservative alike, who condemned what she said. In fact, the post included a photo of flag-draped military coffins at the top. Yes, really.

palin_coffins

But let's cut to where her Facebook post gets really nonsensical. See if you can decipher what this means, because I can't:

"If some overly sensitive wusses took offense, remember the First Amendment doesn’t give you a right not to be offended."

What the hell does that mean? I've been staring at this for half-a-day and still can't figure out what she's talking about. Let's see -- the wusses who were offended don't have a right not to be offended? Usually I can unscramble her illiterate screeds sufficiently enough to tell what she meant to say, but this is -- I have no idea. Anyone?

Perhaps hypocritical folks who only want Freedom of Speech to apply to those who agree with their liberal agenda might want to consider that the evil terrorists who were the brunt of my one-liner would be the first to strip away ALL our rights if given the chance.

Ah, well now we're back in familiar Palin territory, mangling the Constitution and, specifically, the First Amendment. The free speech clause doesn't protect Sarah Palin from the media, from critics or from bloggers. If she'd actually read the Constitution, she'd discover that it forbids Congress from "abridging the freedom of speech." In other words, it protects speech from the government.

And thank those who have the brains to support them and the guts to defend what [the troops] have earned!

Brains? Yes, there are many people with brains who support the troops. She's not one of them.

One more thing. The post has been shared 25,504 times, and as for the 6,478 comments? Here's to hoping the commenters are either collectively drunk or Palin sock-puppets. If not, there are a staggering number of crazies who actually think Palin is a hero who should be president. Sleep tight.