EXCLUSIVE: Shepard Smith Calls Gawker Story “Horsesh*t” in E-Mail To Staff

Earlier this afternoon we published a quick rundown of a story in Gawker today which claims that Shepard Smith was demoted at Fox News because he pushed to come out of the closet. Gawker’s J.K. Trotter has been trying for months now to out Shep, with today’s piece making the fourth time he’s written about Shep’s sexual orientation in just the past seven months. He’s mostly been skewered in the media for his persistence in chasing a story that isn’t really a story, but even I was willing to admit that if Shep’s sexual orientation was having a direct impact on his standing at his place of work, then it would be, in fact, newsworthy.

The problem, of course, is that today’s report was coming from Trotter, who has exhibited a near-stalker-like obsession with Shep to the point where, last month, he had to be thrown out of a National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association gala he had attended to tail and confront Shep publicly about his sexuality.

Read: Gawker Claims Fox News “Shoved Shepard Smith Back Into the Closet”

Well, Fox News is going full-court-press on the response to Trotter’s story, which is to say they’re facing it head-on and denying it in the strongest possible terms. “This story is 100% false and a complete fabrication,” say Roger Ailes and Shep himself in a joint statement. “As colleagues and close friends at Fox News for 18 years, our relationship has always been rooted in a mutual respect, deep admiration, loyalty, trust, and full support both professionally and personally.” Bill Shine, meanwhile, whom Trotter’s alleged source claims is “a major, major homophobe,” also issued a separate statement:

“Over the past 18 years, we’ve had the privilege of working with Shepard Smith throughout his incredible rise from a field reporter to chief news anchor and his recent promotion to managing editor. Throughout his entire tenure here, Roger Ailes and I have fully supported him in both a professional and personal capacity. We have never asked Shep to discuss or not discuss his private life, and the notion of us having an issue with anyone’s sexuality is not only insulting, but pure fiction. We renewed his contract in June 2013 based on this full support as well as his exemplary journalism. He’s the gold standard of this profession and we’re extremely proud to call him the face of our news division.”

What’s worth mentioning here, as a matter of irrefutable fact, is that Bill Shine runs Fox News programming and has nothing to do with news production, which is the department Shep falls under and of which he’s the managing editor. Michael Clemente and Jay Wallace run news and they’re who Shep ostensibly answers to, although given his clout at the network he informed me a couple of years back that if he has something he wants to discuss, he takes it directly to Ailes.

On that note, I’ve made no secret of the fact that I’ve known Shep for years, going back to the early days of our careers in Miami and through our respective stints in Los Angeles in the mid-90s. Maybe it’s because of this that I was contacted personally just a little while ago and informed of what Shep says are a few important facts that he claims Trotter got completely wrong in his story.

First of all, Trotter claims that Shine “flipped out” when he saw Shep with a man, Fox News producer Gio Graziano, at a July 4th, 2013, party. But Shep and other Fox News sources, including the network’s spokesperson, say Shine was never even at that party — that he was in Charleston, South Carolina with his family at the time. It’s also common knowledge that Shep renegotiated his contract in June of 2013, so by that point a demotion would have very likely been out of the question, especially since Shep’s new role had already been decided on; it was apparently the culmination of discussions between Ailes and Shep that had been going on since the spring of that year.

As for Shep’s relationship with Graziano, the two have reportedly been to Ailes’s home on more than one occasion, so according to Shep it’s not as if there’s a shocking secret there.

One Fox News source I spoke to called Trotter’s ongoing campaign to publicly out Shep “disgusting,” and “homophobic.” Shep also shared with me the e-mail he sent to his staff this afternoon from Los Angeles. I can confirm it’s his just because — well, trust me, that’s Shep.

shep 2

Newsteam- Good morning from Los Angeles.

I came to fox news 18 years ago because they agreed to hire me. I’ve stayed with fox news because of my relationship with Roger Ailes. He’s my boss, my friend and my steadfast supporter both professionally and personally.

Things you might read today are horseshit. As phony as 24-hour breaking news on The Plane Channel.

Stand down.

Big love. See yall Monday… Unless breaking news changes everything.

Shep

  • lit per

    Chez is a self-hating homo

  • Ginger Thompson

    I am so bewildered by liberals who claim to preach only tolerance and goodness but manage to know EVERY hateful and despicable way of attacking others and use it every chance they get. Just amazing.

    • lit per

      Shep is working for anti-gay channel. He must be outed!

      • Ginger Thompson

        Well then make it your job. I don’t care where anyone works, and you have decided of your own volition that Fox is anti-gay. Just because they don’t follow everything YOU claim to be right makes them anti-gay, I guess. I am so sick of the people who claim to be soooo open and understanding being the least likely to ever accept or listen to differing views. You go right ahead and out this man who apparently can’t make a decision about his own life. Thank goodness there are morality police like you out there to point at people and screech like in the Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Thank you for your service.

        • lit per

          Just a few days ago, Fox blamed horrible attack in California on gay people. This hate channel must be banned!

          • Ginger Thompson

            Kind of creepy that you have decided who gets to work where and what needs to be banned. BTW, no channel is more hate filled than MSNBC. Just a different target for the hate. Hate is hate is hate. Maybe we should ban all media.

  • Jan

    How was he demoted? He was obviously promoted. He not only has his own one-hour show like he did before, but now he gets to make the decision on when to break into the other people’s shows with whatever he considers important enough to cover instead of those shows and he also decided how long to interrupt those shows for. He was actually given more decision making power, not less. And what makes any of you think Shep is conservative Republican? I have watched him for years and he is much more of a middle of the road person. Sometimes he even seems to lean a little to the left.

  • American-By-Choice

    Huh… What two men do in the privacy of their home, with a midget, a unicycle, a shower curtain, a plunger and a case of quaker state, is their twisted business.

  • NepotismIsDomesticTerrorism

    “I can confirm it’s his just because — well, trust me, that’s Shep.”
    Trust you?
    Are you nuts?
    Verify, baby. Either put up – or retract.
    Trust you?
    Yeah. Sure. Right.
    And the check is in the mail.
    And you love your mother, your wife, and your girlfriend.
    And “I did not have sex with that woman.”
    And Saddam’s WMDs will be here any second.
    And Wall Street bankers are “doing God’s work”.
    And “if you like it, you can keep it”.
    And the Holocaust keeps dogging innocent billionaires.
    Period
    Period.

  • Lurker

    What is with Liberals obsession of trying to out Gay Conservatives?

    LOL

    I’ve seen it with Matt Drudge & also U.S. Rep. Aaron Schock

    • dbtheonly

      Matt Drudge is a liberal?

      • jewelbomb

        I’m pretty sure he was referring to liberals trying to out Drudge as gay.

    • Jezzer

      Because in a lot of those cases — although not in Shepard Smith’s case — said conservatives directly work to curtail the rights of LGBT people, while using their perceived heterosexuality to avoid having to suffer the negative aspects of the laws they helped create and promote.

      So, yeah, fuck them, and especially fuck Matt Drudge and his stupid hat.

  • Don Carpenter

    Gawker are the lowest of the low. Hacking voicemails (Manti Teo), stealing iPhones, and now outing a closeted gay man? Despicable. Anyone who supports their sites should be ashamed.

    • j hentai

      unlike news international.

    • Eva Foster

      But he’s not in the closet. They are just trying to make a big deal out of this where there is no deal to be made. Shep is gay, just because he doesn’t shout it from the roof tops doesn’t mean he’s in the closet, it just means that he wants his privacy and those that know are the ones that are important enough in his life to know.

      • Don Carpenter

        Regardless, Gawker is a despicable outfit.

      • lit per

        Nasty right-winger piece of filth, go to Uganda!

        • Eva Foster

          What the hell are you talking about? How am I a nasty right-winger??

          • lit per

            Go to Uganda, enjoy your “Kill the gays” bill where gays are forced to stay in the closet!

          • Eva Foster

            I am not against gays you idiot. I am all for equal rights for them. You may need to re-read my post.

  • Alex MacP

    Trotter obviously has the hots for him. So outing him is only the first step in eventually having Shep fall madly in love with him. I’m sure Trotter plays out this little scenario in his mind every night just before he puts his head on the pillow. Shep: “Oh, Trotter, thank you for bringing me to my gay-senses. Kiss me, my darling!”

    NTTAWWT

  • Steven Skelton

    Decent human beings don’t discuss what other people do in the bedroom. There is never a valid reason for “outing” anybody. Ever.

    • dbtheonly

      Bully! Another item we agree on.

  • Harley Quinn

    Grow the F up Gawker, stop using Smith as a vessel to attack Fox.

  • uncle tom

    Who didn’t know he was gay? Seriously.

    • j hentai

      who cared?

  • I.m. Bigfurhat

    I’ll never understand how some people can get so fixated on someone else’s sexuality. >>>

    Mwa HAHAHHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

  • Mary

    Shep is a narcissist, who during the campaign in 1999 drove his car into a female reporter, deliberately.

    • Eva Foster

      Do you have proof of this claim?

  • Christopher Foxx

    As phony as 24-hour breaking news on The Plane Channel.

    He should have said “As phony as most of the “news” on Fox.”

    • ZoneDaiatlas

      I assume you get your news from MSDNC?

      • Christopher Foxx

        You assume wrong.

        But I know you won’t let your being wrong stop you in any way.

        (I do give you points for not denying that Fox News is phony. Alas, you lose them for up-voting your own comment. How very Fox News-like of you.)

  • Supammu Aruchaifu

    Given his presence at the NLGJA gala, he must be in the closet Anderson Cooper-style, if he is (NTTAWWT).

    That being said, this is the first time I’ve heard rumors about his sexuality. He does a damn good job as a journalist at Fox, and if he’s being demoted for anything, it’s for that.

    • Eva Foster

      He’s not being demoted at all, that was one of the lies the article spoke of.

      • Supammu Aruchaifu

        The key word there is “if.” My statement was hypothetical.

  • http://1855x.blogspot.com/ Rob1855

    Gotta love the 24-hour breaking news on The Plane Channel.

    • Don Carpenter

      Shep’s a funny guy. Even when being hounded by pukes like Gawker.

    • EV Cannon

      Gotta love the 24-hour breaking news on The BENGHAZIIIIIIII Channel.

  • Jason E

    Oh, he just hasn’t met the right girl yet. ;-)

  • Schneibster

    I been kinda like “WTF is this?” I mean, I loathe Faux Entertainment, but geez, I’ve never actually commented on loofahs or falafels, no matter how much I hate Billo the Klown, and I think this is a bit over the line too. If he’s gay, fine, if he’s not, fine. If he’s notably hypocritical, well that’s fair enough, but I don’t see that here.

    I reserve judgment.

  • formerlywhatithink

    I’ll never understand how some people can get so fixated on someone else’s sexuality. Shep is the only redeeming factor at Fox “News” and actually does his job as a journalist. The only thing I care about Shep is that he continues his excellent work. Anything else, especially his personal life, is none of my, or anyone else’s, business.

    • TreeTreeTree

      He is a discreetly closeted homosexual who works for a network that demonizes gay rights. For that alone he loses the right to be closeted without openly gay people trying to out him

      • Samantha Walsh

        No. You are wrong
        Demonizing a gay republican is no different than the Christians who bully gay teens. Both sides behave in a bullish manner because the “gay” at the other end doesn’t purport to their beliefs. Fuck that. Be the change you want to see in others. We as liberals don’t get the luxury to denigrate and disparage gays because they don’t adhere to our expectations while condemning the conservative right for doing the same.

        • JozefAL

          No, Samantha, YOU are wrong.

          If you want to remain closeted, fine. Stay there. No one cares.

          UNTIL.

          You go into politics and actively work to pass legislation that would affect gays who would rather not be in the closet (while you spend weekends cruising gay bars or hiring rentboys). Or

          You work at a network which spends hours, days, weeks, months, years, decades, demonizing LGBTs while the executives (and some of your homophobic co-workers) don’t have a problem when you and your boyfriend (or your paid male “companion”) show up for the network’s various functions. Or

          You spend hours preaching “the Gospel” and demonizing the “perverts” who are destroying America but you go off for the occasional weekend with a male prostitute or two and plenty of crystal meth (while your “loving wife” stays home with the children and overseeing the “business” side of your ministry).

          Well, you get the idea. If you’re going to be a hypocrite, you deserve to suffer the consequences of your actions.

          Furthermore, if you are really a liberal, I don’t see why you would WANT the “luxury to denigrate and disparage gays” for any reason. If you feel you’re entitled to that “luxury,” you need to turn in your “liberal” card, because “lady,” you’re no liberal. No one is “denigrating” or “disparaging” gay Republicans by outing them; they’ve done that themselves if they stay in the closet and act against their fellow gays.

          Furthermore, as a gay man, I don’t need you to tell me who I can and cannot “denigrate and disparage.” I’ll fucking call out anyone I want to based on their behavior and actions. When a group of gay Republicans had Ann Coulter speaking at a conference, those gays deserved to be condemned for their decision. Conversely, when CPAC decided to deny Log Cabin Republicans a place at their conference, I couldn’t understand why the LCR would want to associate with those far-right nutcases but if they wanted to attend, then I denounced CPAC for their actions (note–not the LCRs). I cannot understand why anyone who’s LGBT would want to be a Republican (similarly, I can’t understand why any minority–African-American, Latino, Asians–would want to be a Republican) since it seems they’re only interested in their wallets and pocketbooks rather than how their party wants to treat them as people which seems to be SOP for the modern GOP.

          And, for what it’s worth, part of the reason why so many liberals may feel they “don’t get the luxury to denigrate and disparage” is because they’ve been brainwashed to be wimps for the last 30+ years. They’ve let the right-wing steamroll them with all sorts of insults and disparaging and denigrating comments and, whenever a liberal doesn’t just sit back and take the mudslinging directed his/her way and starts slinging back, the right-wing gets all upset and starts demanding apologies (and, invariably, they get that apology, further neutering liberals and liberal causes).
          Sometimes, you’ve got to stand up to bullies and give them a taste of their own medicine and NOT back down when they start acting all hurt.

          • cbillrun

            You don’t realize it because you believe the drivel you write but you are an idiot. Fox news doesn’t preach against homosexuality or denigrate gays in any way. That belief is so idiotic that it detracts from the rest of anything you say. Oh neither does Ann Coulter. Step away from the propaganda. The GOP doesn’t mistreat gays that is also ridiculous. Being against Gay marriage is not homophobia that too is a silly statement. It is perfectly ok to be a gay republican even if you perceive the right to be anti homosexual. People should not be one issue voters. That is political ignorance at the highest level. Go watch Fox, go read Ann and others , educate yourself. The left is where the hate is at, hell you are a “hater” your disgust is palpable and sad, you are what you hate. Quit it.

          • Laura-Jane Ratcliffe

            Are you kidding me?

          • Christopher Foxx

            Are you kidding me?

            No, he’s not. Not him nor his five sockpuppet up-voters.

          • cbillrun

            The only dogma followers are liberals. Your fantasy world of hate precludes you from thinking for yourselves.

          • Christopher Foxx

            The only dogma followers are liberals

            He said, following conservative dogma.

          • cbillrun

            Look I can defend my self without carrying the torch of those who think for me. You libs cannot defend yourself nor did you here. You googled homophobic things ann coulter said and posted it like you were proving a point. You speak of things you know nothing about. Conservatives. You have no idea how we really think or believe. Most everything you believe is provably false yet you still believe it. Sorry thats dogma. You don’t read Ann Coulter and an argument against her isn’t “well you take her seriously” like someone else said. I can’t believe anyone takes our president seriously but I sure can tell you why he is hurting the country without saying “well it isn’t worth my time to prove you wrong.” Newsflash conservatives don’t really care about Homosexuality. Well very few. The argument against legalizing marriage has nothing to do with being anti homosexual. But liberals have to make it about hate because they are incapable of a true debate. Read the silliness liberals write and you would see it just snarky attacks with no substance. Conservatives don’t learn things from news stations like Fox or writers like Coulter. We study things and understand our positions and can defend without attacking but most of the time don’t argue with liberals because they are unreasonable and is like arguing with a 5 year old. It always saddens me that intelligent people take positions they can’t defend and say things that are based on either lies or ignorance. I always though liberals were ignorant till someone pointed out to me they aren’t ignorant since they can’t learn so it must be delusion or they know they are wrong but defend it anyways. Either way it is sad. You said you were through with me lol you were through with me before we started. Liberals don’t debate since they KNOW they are right and CAN”T be wrong. Let the religion go man and truly enlighten yourself. Your veil of self deception helps hurt our country and you too. Sigh never mind I’m gonna go talk to my wall it might admit it is wrong.

          • Jezzer

            “You googled homophobic things ann coulter said and posted it like you were proving a point.”

            You mean the point where you were insisting she had never, ever, ever, ever been homophobic? Because I think that point got proven so hard that it needed a cigarette afterwards.

          • cbillrun

            Once again you missed my point. I knew what she thought about homosexuality. I never said never ever I said she doesn’t. In fact google the things she says that would support it since you are afraid to read her. For you see people like you like to believe things based on ignorance and argue about things you know little about like coulter, fox, and even rush. You only know things in sound bites that fit your belief system. Even notice how this discussion turned you and others changed it from how conservatives hate homosexuals which is ridiculous to this ann coulter stuff. I tried to turn it into the president is the biggest liar ever but that was ignored. In fact. I bet you don’t read posts all the way through. Another liberal characteristic. Sad.

          • Sean Richardson

            “I never said never ever I said she doesn’t.”

            This is the quote you made:

            “Fox news doesn’t preach against homosexuality or denigrate gays in any way. That belief is so idiotic that it detracts from the rest of anything you say. Oh neither does Ann Coulter. ”

            If you can’t even quote yourself accurately, it’s hard to take you seriously.

          • cbillrun

            In typical liberal form you either miss the point or find a point you think is weak and try to discredit the entire argument. I see it every day on liberal sites, “he’s an idiot so everything he says is wrong” kind of debate. I mean even the idiot liar Obama is right sometime. But you think you’ve won a point lol. The googled point doesn’t mean she “preaches against homosexuality.” I tell kids to not do drugs but I sure don’t preach about it. If you had regularly read her then you would know that her problem is the gay agenda and she really doesn’t care who is gay. It is her response to the shrill homosexual lobby. Niow libs always argue to put people on the defensive which you are trying to do with me and not really discussing the issues which conservatives do or want to do but the nutty left van’t do it so here we are. Come back when you have something to really discuss.

          • James ‘Jim’ Osborne

            It won’t admit shit if it’s a liberal wall. :)

          • James ‘Jim’ Osborne

            Fair enough as far as it goes-but at least he’s defending his positions without ad hominem attacks (look it up if you can read big words).

          • Christopher Foxx

            James ‘Jim’ Osborne: “…ad hominem attacks (look it up if you can read big words)

            Yes, I know big words, Jimmy. Do you really want to defend hypocrisy and lying by saying “Well, at least it’s not personal insult?” That’s akin to saying assault is OK as long as they don’t rob you.

          • j hentai

            says a dude with rupert murdoch’s hand up his ass.

          • cbillrun

            Says a dude with his hand up soros’ ass. Lol Libs don’t see hypocrisy or irony.

          • j hentai

            i can honestly state that george soros’ hand has never been near my nether regions, you sock-puppet.

          • cbillrun

            Like I said. Irony shoots right by the libs noggin. Thank you pinocchio? Lol

          • j hentai

            what? i accused you of being fisted by rupert murdoch, you accused me of same (except with george soros), but i denied it categorically (not that there’s anything wrong with that).

          • cbillrun

            Now that’s just funny. Kudos to you. My favorite show.

          • j hentai

            show? what in the fuck are you talking about, you not-so-in-touch-which-the real-world motherfucker.

          • cbillrun

            Lol whatever, good try though.

          • Jezzer

            I don’t think you know what irony means.

          • cbillrun

            Irony is an idiot like you who thinks taking a comment one googled to make a point is debate. Irony is a nut like you who defends the liar who is our president. Let’s do a google contest. Google counters homophobic statements and lies told by Obama and count em up. If you had really ever read coulter you would realize how ignorant you are. But it is what I come to expect from the mentally ill left.

          • Jezzer

            Ordinarily I would find it laughable that you’re citing Ann Fucking Coulter as a source for anything, but given your creepy, way-too-aggressive talking points, I’m beginning to suspect you are Ann Coulter.

          • cbillrun

            Wow that flatters me deeply, thanks. I’m not and I have written her to tell her where she is wrong. Lol it’s funny when I argue like a lib ( name calling and snide) I get called creepy and aggressive. The irony never ends. Oh. I don’t think I cited her. I’m pretty sure you missed the point.

          • James ‘Jim’ Osborne

            Is there GOING to be a liberal reply that isn’t an ad hominem attack in this discussion? Sorry-asked and answered.

          • James ‘Jim’ Osborne

            Probably because Soros isn’t THAT desperate.

          • cbillrun

            The funny thing is, you believe what you believe so deeply that you dismiss what I say. You believe a liberal meme. Do soem research then I will accept your apology. I promise you you have no idea that you are wrong but you arre dead wrong. Oh the irony.

          • j hentai

            irony?

            “A statement that, when taken in context, may actually mean something different from, or the opposite of, what is written literally; the use of words expressing something other than their literal intention, often in a humorous context.” is that what you’re talikng about. because us “libs” seem to “comedy” and “irony” more than you conservatives: see jon stewart & others

          • cbillrun

            Lol well your misbelief that libs have their finger on the pulse of comedy is hilarious. Look the libs have a stranglehold on media except for the hated Fox news, which is ironic in itself. A conservative stewart wouldn’t have a chance. In fact Even Lorne Michaels said that it’s easier to make fun of the right because they don’t get as mad as the left when we make fun of them. That goes directly back to my dogma statement. Libs argue by insult ( see your posts) they mix in a little fact a lot of fiction and call names. That’s the way you do it. That’s why I always say that liberals can’t argue issues they change it to fit a view point and attack and dismiss. I have yet to meet an intellectually honest liberal though I have a good friend who is one and he is super nice, still smug but nice. I envy you guys. Wrapped up in a warm belief that keeps one comforted when the scary truth rears it’s very ugly head.

          • Ginger Thompson

            As an aside, I have been running a small experiment with libs. I have been responding to posts and waiting to see how long it takes them to respond to a direct question with an attack against the prior administration. It is mind-boggling that every single one of them when asked directly about “Obamacare”, the economy, foreign policy, etc. they immediately deflect and attack Bush’s administration. It has become so predictable and it is usually the second response they give after directly insulting me in the first. I do not expect complete agreement, but could they be less informed?

          • Jezzer

            I think what they’re believing are Ann Coulter’s OWN FUCKING WORDS, which you immediately ignored in your increasingly desperate kermitflailing to obfuscate the issue.

          • Christopher Foxx

            cbillrun: “Oh neither does Ann Coulter.

            Ann Coulter, Slander: Liberal Lies About the American Right, p. 247:

            Abhorring real religions, liberals refuse to condemn what societies have condemned for thousands of years — e.g., promiscuity, divorce, illegitimacy, homosexuality.

          • cbillrun

            Lol well read all her work and you will see that she does not teach hate against homosexuality. The funny thing is the intolerance of the left. Conservatives treat homosexuals much better than liberals treat conservatives because liberals are bigots who hate those that disagree with them.

            http://www.anncoulter.com/archives.html

            Here you go. Educate yourself. I don’t agree with 100% of what she says but she makes good points. Libs don’t want to argue points they want to demonize. they do since they can’t win a debate. Of course liberalism is a religion, a religion much more dangerous than christianity. OH THE IRONY

          • Victor_the_Crab

            The fact that you would take a troll like Ann Coulter seriously shows that you yourself are not to be taken seriously, moron.

          • Christopher Foxx

            No, cbillrun. Done with you. You said something was true, I’ve shown you it isn’t, and you’re “yeah but” attempts to claim things are the opposite of what they are is, well, boring.

            Seriously, folks. Can’t we find trolls with something other than the same old projection issues?

          • James ‘Jim’ Osborne

            LOLOLOL
            “Done with you?” What makes you think cbillrun cares? You’re a bigot-own it.

          • Christopher Foxx

            James ‘Jim’ Osborne: “What makes you think cbillrun cares? You’re a bigot-own it.

            No, I don’t think he cares at all. It’s a core trait of any troll, obviously. You’d only need to look in the mirror to know that. That’s why I didn’t address my comment to him.

            And, yes, I’m a bigot. I am “a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group”, to wit: trolls, wingnuts and their apologists (that would be you.)

          • Ginger Thompson

            Apparently not. Project much?

          • Christopher Foxx

            Not at all. Why do you ask?

          • formerlywhatithink

            Fox news doesn’t preach against homosexuality or denigrate gays in any way.

            http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/f1/3f/6d/f13f6dafba11c5fd7779bd891f89a03e.jpg

          • cbillrun

            Oh come on. Quit it you make it to easy. That proves me wrong how?

          • cbillrun

            Oh come on you make it too easy for me. That proves me wrong how? You guys don’t watch fox you have no idea. Sad

          • EV Cannon

            Us guys that don’t watch Fox “News” still have a brain. You’res is a rotten cavity.

          • cbillrun

            Lol. Wow you liberals are nuts really nuts. Straight running loons.
            Can’t you make a valid point? I know it’s rhetorical but how can you live with yourself bathed in such ignorance?

          • EV Cannon

            What a moron. Citing Ann Coulter….BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

          • cbillrun

            What a moron you are for thinking what you said passed for debate. I didn’t cite her. Of course you have no clue of that , but even if I did you should tell me why it was wrong. My god do liberals ever think?

          • JCuellar

            A liberal will be understood by the opposite. Everything they proclaim is reversed. An upside-down ideology.

          • James ‘Jim’ Osborne

            And sometimes you have to NOT be a bully, moron. You being brave enough to come out DOESN’T mean you get to be a bully to those who aren’t-and all your political posturing doesn’t excuse it. As long as there are LGBT people-ALL OF WHOM ARE PEOPLE (in case you didn’t get the memo)-who have a different view, they deserve to HAVE that different view-and not be attacked by YOU.

        • http://www.thesnarkwhohuntsback.wordpress.com/ MeredithAncret

          Thank you Samanth. I might disagree with your politics, but I thank you for accepting that I know my own mind. As a gay conservative I’m often told that I’m an idiot, that I’m brainwashed, that I am “self-loathing”, simply because I refuse to buy into liberal politics. I don’t personally see a great deal of hatred for gay people in general from conservatives (I think many have a problem with gay liberals or pride parades, but so do I, lol) and even if there was…that still wouldn’t change that I support conservative ideals far more than liberal.
          I’m glad you respect that. People like TreeTreeTree and JozeofAL think they have the right to police my beliefs because of who I sleep with and bash me if I don’t fall in line. How utterly nauseating and hateful.

        • lit per

          Stop defending self-hating homos who work against gay rights. Out them or deport them to Uganda!

      • Don Carpenter

        You’re a disgusting human being for even thinking that. What Shep does in his private life is HIS business, not yours.

      • stephen

        What a pompous bag of judgemental wind you are. You decide? Personal liberty, conscience of self? U and I don’t decide…and that’s the problem today…His choice!

      • Jan

        You obviously don’t watch it much if you really believe that. Many of the people on FNC are in favor of gay marriage or at least gay civil unions. And for all the complaints about the network being right wing, they have many liberals on that channel. Besides Geraldo & Greta, who have their own shows, there is also Bob Beckel, Alan Colmes, James Carville, Leslie Marshall, Kirsten Powers, Mara Liason, Juan Williams, Arthel Neville & also Libertarians John Stossel and Greg Gutfeld. Even Bill O’Reilly, who so often painted as being a far right wing guy, often agrees the liberals on issues. Not one of the other networks has the same amount of people with opposing viewpoints as FNC.

        • Sean Richardson

          Yes, if you count Bill O’Reilly as a liberal, they certainly represent a lot of diverse viewpoints.

    • rupertmundy

      You can include Bret Baier who does an impeccable job as a journalist, too.

    • http://www.skeeterbitesreport.com SkeeterVT

      I concur. Shepard Smith and Chris Wallace are the only on-air people at Fox News who refuse to drink the network’s right-wing Kool-Aid and aren’t afraid to tell it like it really is.

      The only thing that’s known about Smith’s private life — the subject of speculation for years — is that he’s single and has never married. Even if Smith IS gay, so what? In this day and age, who — other than die-hard homophobes — gives a damn?

  • That River Gal

    The unbelievable stalker like bullshit that Shep has to deal with is disgusting. Thanks for the inside scoop, Chez.