Eric Holder to Louie Gohmert: 'Good Luck With Your Asparagus'

Attorney General Eric Holder appeared before the House Judiciary Committee today and successfully hit Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) with a couple of well-deserved zingers. It doesn't matter that Gohmert is such an easy target, any jab at that self-important, mush-mouthed buffoon is always entertaining.
Attorney General Eric Holder appeared before the House Judiciary Committee today and successfully hit Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) with a couple of well-deserved zingers. It doesn't matter that Gohmert is such an easy target, any jab at that self-important, mush-mouthed buffoon is always entertaining.
gohmert

Attorney General Eric Holder appeared before the House Judiciary Committee today and successfully nailed Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) with a couple of well-deserved zingers. It doesn't matter that Gohmert is such an easy target, any jab at that self-important, mush-mouthed buffoon is always entertaining.

First, Gohmert brought up the "Operation Fast and Furious" scandal (because of course he did) and reminded Holder that he was hit with contempt of Congress charges by the House two years ago for failing to turn over Justice Department documents which the House had subpoenaed. Holder warned Gohmert, "You don't want to go there, buddy."

But that wasn't the really good one. At the end of Gohmert's time, Holder got the last word. As the chair recognized a different committee member, Holder said to Gohmert, "Good luck with your asparagus."

This was an hilarious reference to an exchange between Holder and Gohmert last year when Gohmert inexplicably said that Holder "cast aspersions" on his "asparagus."

Yes, Louie Gohmert said "cast aspersions on my asparagus." What?

Oh Gohmert, you round-headed nincompoop. You're lucky that's all Holder said to you regarding that. If I was Holder, I'd make it a point to work the word "asparagus" into every other sentence. Why? Because this is exactly how a nutbag like Gohmert deserves to be treated.