Eric Holder to Louie Gohmert: ‘Good Luck With Your Asparagus’

Attorney General Eric Holder appeared before the House Judiciary Committee today and successfully nailed Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) with a couple of well-deserved zingers. It doesn’t matter that Gohmert is such an easy target, any jab at that self-important, mush-mouthed buffoon is always entertaining.

First, Gohmert brought up the “Operation Fast and Furious” scandal (because of course he did) and reminded Holder that he was hit with contempt of Congress charges by the House two years ago for failing to turn over Justice Department documents which the House had subpoenaed. Holder warned Gohmert, “You don’t want to go there, buddy.”

But that wasn’t the really good one. At the end of Gohmert’s time, Holder got the last word. As the chair recognized a different committee member, Holder said to Gohmert, “Good luck with your asparagus.”

This was an hilarious reference to an exchange between Holder and Gohmert last year when Gohmert inexplicably said that Holder “cast aspersions” on his “asparagus.”

Yes, Louie Gohmert said “cast aspersions on my asparagus.” What?

Oh Gohmert, you round-headed nincompoop. You’re lucky that’s all Holder said to you regarding that. If I was Holder, I’d make it a point to work the word “asparagus” into every other sentence. Why? Because this is exactly how a nutbag like Gohmert deserves to be treated.

  • brewmaster95060
  • brewmaster95060

    You can watch the video at Big Government.

    Republicans have every reason to believe that being held in contempt is not “a big deal” to Eric Holder based on Eric Holder’s own words. In an exclusive interview with ABC News’ Pierre Thomas on February 27, 2013, Holder was asked about how he reacted when
    House Republicans voted with 17 Democrats to hold him in contempt of
    Congress over the ATF’s “Fast and Furious” gun running scandal.

    “It’s something that I think was unfortunate,” Holder said. “I think
    it’s a result of this kind of partisan sport that I think we engage in
    here in Washington far too often.”

    Holder said the votes it didn’t bother him, considering who cast them.

    “But I have to tell you that for me to really be affected by what happened, I’d have to have respect for the people who voted in that way,” Holder told ABC News. “And I didn’t, so it didn’t have that huge an impact on me.”

    Holder’s disrespect for Republicans was on display at today’s hearing
    when he sneered at Gohmert, “good luck with your asparagus,” which you
    can hear at the very end of the clip

    • D_C_Wilson

      Holder showed to testify when Congress summoned him. That’s more than Karl Rove or Harriet Meyers ever did.

  • leemoder

    What was it Lex Luthor said about Otis…”I’m amazed that that brain could generate enough power to keep his legs moving.”

  • Linda Harris Pettit

    LOL!

  • aceshigh

    Gohmert is a pathetic old fool.