THE MORNING BANTER: NATO Concerns, Ocean Debris, Flawed Data, and Casting Trainwrecks

Happy Thursday! We're so close! Here's what's happening on the interweb:
Happy Thursday! We're so close! Here's what's happening on the interweb:
Nate Silver

Happy Thursday! We're so close! Here's what's happening on the interweb:

1. NATO Chief Says "Our Concern Is that Russia Won't Stop"

NATO's top official acknowledged in an interview that Russia's annexation of Crimea had "established certain facts on the ground" that would be difficult to change and said the military alliance was increasingly concerned that Moscow might also invade eastern Ukraine. Asked what NATO would do if that indeed happened, this official assured everyone that NATO was prepared to issue another stern warning to Putin, reminding him that he's being really not cool about this whole thing.

2. Malaysia Airlines Plane Search Finds Objects Possibly Related To Missing Jet

Four military search planes were dispatched Thursday to try to determine whether two large objects bobbing in a remote part of the Indian Ocean were part of a possible debris field of the missing Malaysia Airlines flight. That or its part of Penny's boat (Spoiler: It's not Penny's boat).

3. First Climate Article On Nate Silver’s Data Website Uses ‘Deeply Misleading’ Data, Top Climatologists Say

One of the first articles on Nate Silver’s highly anticipated data-driven news site used flawed data to make its conclusions, according to some of the nation’s top climate scientists. Apparently Gaia, the spiritual mother of Earth, is not statistically the electoral front-runner for the 2016 elections.

4. Barkhad Abdi, Mike Birbiglia and Jon Glaser Eye Judd Apatow’s ‘Trainwreck’

This eclectic group would join Amy Schumer, Bill Hader, Tilda Swinton, Brie Larson, Vanessa Bayer, John Cena, and Ezra Miller, assuring that this will be the best movie John Cena will ever be in.