Taking Out Anti-Vaccination Idiots, One Big Scary Word At A Time

The internet is full of idiots, that much is for certain.

But sometimes, when the seasons start to turn and the planets align just right, a Learned comes along to take even just one of these internet idiots to task, and we are left to rejoice that it isn’t just us, that we aren’t just taking crazy pills, and that there are other sane, normal people out there who understand the beauty of rational thought.

This is one of those times…

According to PolicyMic, when a particular breed of internet idiot that specifically harps about the dangers of vaccination posted an image of the ingredient list to an influenza vaccine to Tumblr, after having circled some of the “scarier” words, which gained momentum from others who don’t understand the finer points of causality, a professed home health care worker who actually knew what they were talking about decided to specifically point out all the ways in which this anti-vaccinationist was, in fact, an internet idiot.

vaccine

Ok, lets break this down nice and simple.

Formaldehyde is from the purification of the vaccine. 99.9% of which is removed. The reason it doesn’t give a dosage is the ammount is so minuscule that it can’t be measured without going into picograms. That’s one trillionth of a gram. You breathe in more formaldehyde by driving down a busy road than in a vaccine.

Thimerosal is NOT elemental mercury, It is a molecular compound made up of carbon, hydrogen, mercury, sodium, oxygen, and sulfur. This is used as a preservative for the vaccine. Thimerosal is used in a variety of other things, like tattoo ink, facial creams, nasal sprays. It’s toxic to humans only in fairly large quantities but highly toxic to aquatic born organisms like infectious bacteria. In short, it makes sure you don’t get salmonella from a stray bacteria from the chicken embryos.

As for the dosage of the Thimerosal. That is the most laughable point in this post. It says 25 mcg, that’s micrograms, or one millionth of a gram. To put this in perspective, a dollar bill weighs roughly 1 gram, the average human eyelash is around 80-90 micrograms. The box also says that it contains a 5ml (milliliter/cc) vial which leads me to my next point.

A little simple math and we find out that 25 mcg = 0.00003 ml and a little more math we find that 0.00003 ml is 0.00006% of 5 ml. Let me put this another way. By the age of 5, an American child weighs about 50-55lbs and their body contains 55 mcg of Uranium. I don’t see any kids running around with radiation sickness, so I think they’re safe with a preservative in them.

TL;DR: This is like saying you don’t want your child eating their baked birthday cake because raw eggs were used to make it and you don’t want your child getting salmonella from it.

Now, let us all rejoice. Hallelujah, Hallelujah.

  • Gama Xul

    We’ve lived this long without flu vaccines. I believe the primary reason why influenza becomes a problem every year is because weak fools keep stabbing each other with needles containing “compounds” that they’re told to trust as harmless. This is a “for profit” industry.

    If you want to get sick, get vaccinated. If you want to stay healthy, stop eating like an idiot and take your vegetables and local honey. Colloidal silver is fairly simple to produce and knocks the virus on its ass if you happen to contract it from a vaccinated individual.

    Oh yeah. Another thing. The vaccine argument becomes public business as soon as the public becomes sick from it. So yes, it should be openly discussed. Personal experience and opinion is all each of us have on any matter. The doctors are taught and trained to trust their industry. They memorize “facts” from years of schooling; often without questioning the source, motives or validity of the propaganda. Few are trained how to actually repair the body; they know how to cut things out, prescribe pills or introduce something only they can supply to you from the pushers. Remember, it’s a profit industry. Why can’t people understand this? Possibly because they don’t want to feel like a sap that’s been duped for as long as they have. Too bad. Get over it. The jig is up and people have long begun to realize their garbage.

    You can learn more about health by studying and practicing nutrition for 8 months than you ever will from a medical institution pushing decades of self-sustaining propaganda. One more thing, you can ward off cancer by maintaining body alkalinity. That IS the cure for cancer. Stop dumping money into Cancer Research centers that are just paying salaries for the top medical brass to sit on their asses poking around a JR Petri dish. Also, herpes can be cured (yes, cured) topically during an outbreak with zinc gluconate powder mixed with a moisturizing agent (like Vitamin-E). It’s just that simple. If they can’t control and sell you a solution, they don’t want it as widespread public knowledge. Hence the push to control all aspects of the food supply. To Hell with Monsanto.

    No thanks, keep your needles and pharmacological mutations to yourselves. I’ll just eat organic and ignore the directives from the revolving door of the FDA.

    This is my opinion from years of personal experience and family history. We’ve lived healthy this long without toxic waste, so these opinions are equally as valuable. But take this for what it is, a quasi-anonymous forum post.

  • W B

    what about the fact that the flu vaccine doesn’t work? or that nurses are declining it? or that most healthy children and adults have the same odds of cathing the flu whether vaccinated or not? Basically you just showed us that, more than likely, if we get the flu vaccine we wont die from it. Have to love all these glorified bloggers with no medical training or medical background giving us thier opinions on vaccines, using links to scientific articles they do not really understand. As an MD, please leave vaccines, vaccine information and vaccine decisions to medical doctors and patients. its none of your business, go back to reporting on Lindsay Lohan, psuedo news and other worthless internet dribble. Honestly, we do not need your help, there is not an epidemic of dangerous unvaccinated kids walking around, and we as a society are better protected against diseases than we have ever been. my job as a doctor is to work with my patients to make the best decision on their or their childrens health that they feel comfortable with. If they choose not too vaccinate, its not the internets business. I will do my best to treat them with the best of my ability and to protect them against disease. If it is not your body or your child, its not your business. Go back to harassing the gays, or the colored, or immigrants, or democrats, or hippies, or whoever else does not deserve your harrassment, and leave normal parents and children alone. Anyone who takes advice on vaccines or their health from a website, a blog, this bozo or any bozo on any website, and not from their pediatrician, medical doctor, health care professional is a true idiot. Move on people, whether or not a few parents vaccinate or not is not a health care emergency, not a dire threat, not a danger to this countries health. Maybe next we can attack those who eat local, organic, take vitamins, exercise, diet, etc. so please, move on. This is a lot of hubbub over absolutely nothing… Take it from an actual medical doctor, we dont care and do not view you as someone helping save lives, just attacking innocent people. The anti anti vaxers are worse than anti vaxers…

    • Lady Willpower

      YOU’RE A DOCTOR???

      • woodrowfan

        so he claims. I suspect he got his degree from Google U.

        • Lady Willpower

          Just scanning through his other comments, I’m highly skeptical. If he really is a doctor then he’s a complete disgrace to the profession.

    • The Doctor

      You are aware that diseases we thought eradicated by vaccination are coming back because people are refusing to vaccinate right. Also you make a great point i should listen to medical doctors…who agree with this blogger so as a result if i listen to this blogger or my medical doctor… I GET VACCINATED. Science is not served by you saying that its not my problem if they dont vaccinate. Vaccination also helps protect those who cant get the vaccine because of allergies and other issues. Next time you want to pretend to be helping think really hard because someone might call you on your bull shit. Also I am not a medical doctor but I am someone who can read and research and have found you to be entirely lacking any solid argument. have a great day.

      • David

        Vaccination is a hoax and a menace. Indeed, we live in the golden age of vaccines and the world is adrift with disease and illness never before seen in history. Vaccines are NEVER warranted and never have been shown to help. They harm us pure and simple and the argument that the poisons int he vaccines are really very small is a crock. I am a highly poisoned person because of the ignorance of the MD–the greatest killer in history. II have learned the hard way–if you want to be healthy–refuse all drugs and vaccines–detox what is in your body and try to repair your system. Stop calling these frauds “doctors” –this is an insult since they do not know the first thing about real medicine or disease. They merely have a monopoly on expensive worthless poisons which kill slowly over time or on contact. I will never God willing see another charlatan again who knows nothing at all. Poisons do not heal–they only harm. Vaccines are simple poisons with not one study to prove they can help a given illness. It is a pure hoax, a total scam and the people complicit in this lie need to be prosecuted instead of hiding behind the governmental protection to escape prosecution. The are the biggest killers in history and as someone whose only family died in the holocaust, the holocaust perpetrated by these insane people is far worse in scale and numbers. They simply want us all sick and dependent. Do not be the last person left with blind faith in poison. Cesca is a joke here. My son has been ruined- cancer has climbed now to one in three when it is was 1-200 before these frauds took over–spreading misery. Autism has skyrocketed. Hello? Anyone awake? Does anyone care or are we simply so sick we have lost all of our critical faculties. Stop the poison. Stop vaccines. Stop fluoride in our water. Stop taking the dopey “medications” which are simple poisons.

        • Jezzer

          Oh, shut the fuck up, crazy person.

          • David

            Vaccine injury is not an internet rumor–it is my son–jhe is not on the internet,. It is my Rabbi’s son–he is not on the internet. It is literally millions of people damaged. Stop buying into scams-people. Wake up. Look at theh ingredients. There is no coherent theory that vaccines work without wrecking havoc on your body. Do not be foolish. What a joke to say that the failed history of vaccines that require more and more “boosters” and more add-ons with frequent outbreaks despite almost universal vaccinations is because a handful decide to not vaccinate and while they are perfectly healthy–the herd gets the disease!! This is scapegoating. INstances of vaccination failing to eradicate a problem–despite nearly universal vaccination is documented in every country unfortunate to have the poisons injected into them. Please recognize no human being ever created has a deficiency of poison in their body and that more poison will only make things worse, not better. Why does this point have to be hammered and repeated to people? It is because they are made docile by the poisons and fail to now critically understand what is happening to them. The scam has it that these are “medications” and it is a civic duty to do the right thing by poisoning your treasured child. Alas, I was scammed. My son is a low functioning person. It was my fault for not knowing that it was a hoax and I tended to trust the so-called pros. 25 years later, I will not be fooled again. Up close and personal–they do not know almost anything about cellular biology, almost nothing about what they are doing.

          • Jezzer

            See, the problem here is that you are crazy and wrong and saying stupid things on the internet. You should look into not doing that.

          • David

            Yes, the person saying demonstrably false information is the low information poerson who penned this horrible feature. That is what drew me to set the record and the facts straight. Vaccinations have been proven dangerous and ineffective for many decades and the science is without contradiction. A sure way to spread autism is to push vaccinations–healthy people are unvaccinated, people with weakened immune systems are vaccinated. Autism rates rise with vaccinations–this is verified by surveys and our professionals for many decades. No real scientist happily agrees with the vaccination load now given to our sick children, as autism rates skyrocket. There has never been a safe vaccine.

            Please, sir,, if you want to join a conversation–have one. To try to push me around is not civil or productive. I can give you a stack of doctors a mile high preaching against the use of these poisons. Please start with a rational defense of poisons. Tell the people how poisons heal and prevent disease. How is this possible or logical?

            Speak to the points, I am not going to be blown apart by your verbal insults. Look into the topic before you speak. But protest fools like the person named Bryce Rudow who has humiliated himself in public and has created a record of his defense of the indefensible. In only a few short years–the public outcry will be so huge, no vaccines will be given any more. It is costing the governments too much in claims and too many damaged and dead children have suffered.

            Use your logic here. If this pile of vaccines is good–why not a bigger pile? Any one can see that the pile is way too big already–we have far too much of a really bad thing and the suffering is tremendous. More and more? I suppose you simply agree with those who want to reduce the population?

          • David

            The worm is quickly turning. It will soon all be over for the poison pushers. Nation after nation has dropped their fetish for the poisons and the people are getting healthier. This will quickly steam roll the drug companies and they will be facing a much healthier population and this is a disaster for them and a boon for Americans.

            Note this piece in the NYT–courtesy of Natural News.com

            It wasn’t long after The New York Time’s (NYT) published an
            opinion piece calling for the elimination of vaccine exemptions that
            parents took to the internet to voice their concerns and frustrations
            with a government and healthcare community that sees no problem
            infringing upon one’s right to opt out.

            Dr. Kristen Feemster (a
            pediatric infectious disease Physician) in her NYT article urged the
            curtailment of philosophical and religious exemptions for the protection
            of those who can’t be vaccinated and for the public good. She further
            went on to claim that vaccines are safe and effective, that there could
            be no educated reason for abstaining and that exemptions have increased
            because people have forgotten what these “vaccine-eradicated” diseases
            look like; then she assumed that the scientific healthcare community and
            parents at large agree on what constitutes the public good.

            Unfortunately,
            legislators are buying this view, and states like Colorado, New York,
            California, Texas, Washington and Oregon are passing strict laws that
            infringe upon one’s right to protect their child from vaccines and that
            require a brain-washing-like educational talk before opting out and a
            signed form where a signature can be used as an admission of neglect.

            Whether
            you vaccinate or not, we have a problem. We have people suggesting that
            it’s the governments place to tell us what’s best for our children. We
            have a healthcare community that is not educated on vaccinations, their
            ingredients or side-effects, and we have vaccines being injected into
            our children that have not been subjected to proper research, safety and
            clinical trials. It’s time to wake up and step up before it’s too late.

            So what can you do?

            Go to ParentalRights.org and sign the petition to add a “Parental Rights Amendment” to the United States Constitution.

            Go to LivingWhole.org
            and print off the response (that’s gone viral) to the NYT’s vaccine
            exemption piece. Educate friends and family members, and email a copy to
            your state legislator, urging them to vote against any amendment that
            could infringe upon one’s right to refuse.

            Join anti-vaccine
            coalitions and Facebook groups so that you can stay informed on the
            latest threats against your vaccine rights.

            Most importantly, do not sign any “opt-out” or “liability waiver” form at your doctor’s office.