Rush Limbaugh Is A Big, Fat Idiot: '12 Years a Slave' Edition

Not only did Limbaugh complain that "not one conservative name was mentioned" during last night's Academy Awards telecast -- which took place in Hollywood, duh -- but he went on to say that the only reason "12 Years A Slave" won Best Picture was because it had the word "slave" in the title.
Not only did Limbaugh complain that "not one conservative name was mentioned" during last night's Academy Awards telecast -- which took place in Hollywood, duh -- but he went on to say that the only reason "12 Years A Slave" won Best Picture was because it had the word "slave" in the title.
rush_limbaugh5

Not only did Limbaugh complain that "not one conservative name was mentioned" during last night's Academy Awards telecast -- which took place in Hollywood, duh -- but he went on to say that the only reason "12 Years A Slave" won Best Picture was because it had the word "slave" in the title.

“If it was the only thing that movie won, it was gonna win best picture. There was no way. It didn’t matter if it was good or bad. I haven’t seen it. It was going to win. It had the magic word in the title. Slave.”

Yeah, we should've expected him to say this. And the operative sentence here, besides the "magic word" nonsense, was, "I haven't seen it." So he has no idea whether it was any good and is diminishing it because he thinks that including the word "slave" in the title was a clever trick to score Oscar gold.

Question: why would Limbaugh object so strenuously to the success of this movie? Probably because it reminds the world of the atrocities committed upon African-Americans by the United States. In Limbaugh's world, we should all forget about slavery, because by talking about it, we're forced to address the race issue here and Limbaugh's team always looks bad when that comes up, chiefly because they don't believe it should be an issue at all.

Now as for "slave" being a "magic word" for an easy award win, there are 200 movies and TV episodes with "slave" in the title, according to IMDB. How many of those have won Best Picture -- or an Emmy for that matter? One.

Seriously, Limbaugh, feel free to suck it.