Limbaugh: Washington is 'Literally Paralyzed' in Fear Because Obama is Black

Rush Limbaugh thinks everything that's wrong in the D.C. establishment is all the president's fault for being, you know, African-American. And because there's an African-American president, everyone in D.C. is scared shitless to do or say anything.
Rush Limbaugh thinks everything that's wrong in the D.C. establishment is all the president's fault for being, you know, African-American. And because there's an African-American president, everyone in D.C. is scared shitless to do or say anything.
rush-limbaugh

Subtitle: "FEAR OF A BLACK POTUS."

Yes, Rush Limbaugh thinks everything that's wrong in the D.C. establishment is all the president's fault for being, you know, African-American. And because there's an African-American president, everyone in D.C. is scared shitless to do or say anything to oppose him. Literally.

"The fact that we are living in the era historic with the first African-American president has everybody paralyzed and everybody scared.

Political leadership in Washington is literally paralyzed. Political consultant leadership in Washington literally paralyzed. Republican Party literally paralyzed. Many American citizens literally paralyzed, frightened to death to say anything to anybody about what they really think.

And while this is happening, things are going down the tubes at a rapid rate. And once we get past this historic era, I think a lot of this is going to change. [...]

That paralysis was planned for and is being used to its maximum benefit by the Democrat party and the American left."

Oh holy mother of hell, there are so many things wrong with this.

First of all, Washington is not "literally" paralyzed.

Secondly, has anyone else beside me noticed that this so-called "paralyzed" Republican Party has voted to repeal Obamacare something like 50 times, while investigating every time the president sneezes without covering his mouth?

Meanwhile, since 2009 the Senate Republicans have set all new records for total filibusters. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell famously vowed that the goal of his caucus was to make Obama a one term president. And more than a couple of congressional Republicans have invoked both impeachment and lawsuits to challenge the president's authority.

In what Oxy-addled universe is this paralysis?

In terms of walking on PC eggshells, has the president's ancestry ever stopped certain Republicans from engaging in their usual dog-whistle tactics? Just the other day, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI), who's perhaps one of the de facto leaders of his party, attacked lazy "inner city" men? How often did Mitt Romney appear in front of an "Obama Isn't Working" banner, while suggesting that Obama's ideas are "foreign?" How often has Rush Limbaugh himself called Obama a "little black man-child?"

A couple of weeks ago, a Republican Senate candidate from Texas talked about shooting "wetbacks." Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), another congressional GOP leader, isn't shy about expressing his opposition to the Civil Rights Act. The entire Republican establishment, especially at the state level, is transparently attempting to disenfranchise minority voters with Voter ID and similar laws that restrict voting rights.

If this is paralyzed, I shudder to think what a fully ambulatory GOP might look like.