WATCH: Anderson Cooper's Epic Interview with Anti-Gay Arizona State Senator

Arizona State Senator Al Melvin not only voted for the anti-gay "Right to Refuse" law in Arizona, he's also running for governor there. But his appearance on CNN last night should totally disqualify him from running for any office anywhere. This is mandatory viewing...
Arizona State Senator Al Melvin not only voted for the anti-gay "Right to Refuse" law in Arizona, he's also running for governor there. But his appearance on CNN last night should totally disqualify him from running for any office anywhere. This is mandatory viewing...
cooper_melvin_cnn

This is mandatory viewing:

Arizona State Senator Al Melvin not only voted for the anti-gay "Right to Refuse" law in Arizona, he's also running for governor there. But his appearance on CNN last night should totally disqualify him from running for or holding any office anywhere. Suffice to say, it was a disaster. When I wrote yesterday evening (for this morning's column) that the religious justification for anti-gay discrimination was insanely flimsy, I had no idea Anderson Cooper and Al Melvin would so thoroughly illustrate that observation.

Here's part two: