Virginia Republican: Pregnant Women Are 'Hosts'

Virginia State Senator Steve Martin, an anti-choice Republican, received a pro-choice Valentine's Day card from an activist group and decided to rant about it on Facebook. Here's the choice paragraph in which he refers to expecting mothers as "hosts."
Virginia State Senator Steve Martin, an anti-choice Republican, received a pro-choice Valentine's Day card from an activist group and decided to rant about it on Facebook. Here's the choice paragraph in which he refers to expecting mothers as "hosts."
steve_martin_hosts

Virginia State Senator Steve Martin, an anti-choice Republican, received a pro-choice Valentine's Day card from an activist group and decided to rant about it on Facebook. Here's the choice paragraph in which he refers to expecting mothers as "hosts."

"You can count on me to never get in the way of you "preventing" an unintentional pregnancy." I'm not actually sure what that means, because if it's "unintentional" you must have been trying to prevent it. And, I don't expect to be in the room or will I do anything to prevent you from obtaining a contraceptive. However, once a child does exist in your womb, I'm not going to assume a right to kill it just because the bearer of the child (some refer to them as mothers) doesn't want it to remain alive."

Yes, pregnant women are "hosts." I suppose that makes the fetus a parasite -- probably not the conclusion Martin wants people to draw.