Victoria Jackson Is Running for Office; Your Argument Is Invalid

It would be easy to mock Jackson in the way she so richly deserves, but maybe to do so would be to underestimate the kind of currency that a completely detachment from reality holds with the right.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
It would be easy to mock Jackson in the way she so richly deserves, but maybe to do so would be to underestimate the kind of currency that a completely detachment from reality holds with the right.
Screen Shot 2014-02-04 at 3.04.57 PM

No, this isn't the kind of story that's going to change the world and maybe we shouldn't be afraid that a single drop in the giant puddle of stupid that is right-wing politics is going to make that much difference, but it's amusing nonetheless: Victoria Jackson is running for office in Tennessee.

The shrieking banshee lunatic who brought us such classic hyper-conservative hits as "There’s a Communist Living in the White House,""Things To Thank White People For," and of course "The Muslim Brotherhood Has Infiltrated Our Highest Positions in Government (and This Is Serious), is making preparations to run for a county commission seat just outside of Nashville. She's filed as an independent because she apparently thinks the Republican party is just a little too reasonable.

It would be easy to mock Jackson in the way she so richly deserves, but maybe to do so would be to underestimate the kind of currency that a complete detachment from reality holds with the right. Steve Stockman is really no crazier than Jackson, and he's a goddamn United States congressman. The right would elect a dancing monkey wearing a little hat as long as he also had on a t-shirt that reads "No Sharia Law!," especially in the South. In other words, maybe I was wrong -- may as well get used to the sound of "U.S. Representative from Tennessee Victoria Jackson."

Please rise now for our new National Anthem.