Tweet of the Day: Michael Sam’s Response To Anti-Gay NFL Push Is Priceless

Screen Shot 2014-02-25 at 2.48.42 PM

Sam’s comment is in response to a push by Republican lobbyist Jack Burkman to get Congress to ban openly gay players in the NFL. Burkman says Congress needs to act to “define morals” for the NFL and stop the spread of indecency, which gay people of course represent.

Burkman insists he has several Republicans already on board — he’s remaining conspicuously evasive about just who he’s talking about — and that not only will the proposal make it to Congress but it’ll be wildly successful. Burkman, needless to say, has his head firmly up his ass if he thinks such legislation has any chance in hell.

And speaking of which, Burkman’s brother happens to be gay and issued a statement yesterday calling his brother “an ass.”

Like The Daily Banter on Facebook!
  • MEMBERS ONLY: Inside The Obama White House's First Christmas

    MEMBERS ONLY: Inside The Obama White House's First Christmas

    Through never-before-seen photographs and video, Daily Banter White House correspondent Tommy Christ[Read more...]
    Why Obama Will Never Prosecute Dick Cheney Or Anyone Else For Torture

    Why Obama Will Never Prosecute Dick Cheney Or Anyone Else For Torture

    The New York Times dares to dream with a bold but sadly unrealistic editorial.[Read more...]
    The Ultimate Christmas Gift: A Banter Membership!

    The Ultimate Christmas Gift: A Banter Membership!

    With only three days to go till Christmas, the rush to buy shiny things for relatives they'll probab[Read more...]
    President Obama Condemns Killings Of Two NYPD Officers
    The Sony Story Once Again Proves That Hackers Are Absolutely Not "Young Online Activists"

    The Sony Story Once Again Proves That Hackers Are Absolutely Not "Young Online Activists"

    The skewing of Snowden's story into the utterly bizarre territory of defending and legitimizing hack[Read more...]
    • Badgerite

      So the GOP plans to author a bill that would mandate that a private business discriminate against gays. Yeah. That sounds constitutional.

    • JozefAL

      Is Mr Burkman not aware that the NFL and all the leagues team are effictively PRIVATE businesses which hire employees based on specific skillsets?

      And remind me, but weren’t the GOP and their teabagging supporters all about the “show me where this is authorized by the Constitution” just a couple of years ago? Did something happen lately that’s changed that stance?

      • Christopher Foxx

        Did something happen lately that’s changed that stance?

        Well, it is a fairly wide stance…..

        • Aaron Litz

          They fell on their ass because of their unbalanced stance.

          haha, good one! :)

    • Gunnut2600

      Burkman is generating controversy….to generate money…to generate clients. He is a lazy hack who is managing to get people to talk about him. We need to stop fedding the lobbyist troll.

    • Christopher Foxx

      Burkman insists he has several Republicans already on board — he’s remaining conspicuously evasive about just who he’s talking about,

      “I have here in my hand a list of names…”

      For some reason, these lists never get shown.

      • Richard_thunderbay

        Of course, if a Burkman written bill actually does get presented, the implication is that the GOPers who sponsor it are merely the subservient puppets of a lobbyist, representing him and not their constituents.