Tweet of the Day: Michael Sam’s Response To Anti-Gay NFL Push Is Priceless

Screen Shot 2014-02-25 at 2.48.42 PM

Sam’s comment is in response to a push by Republican lobbyist Jack Burkman to get Congress to ban openly gay players in the NFL. Burkman says Congress needs to act to “define morals” for the NFL and stop the spread of indecency, which gay people of course represent.

Burkman insists he has several Republicans already on board — he’s remaining conspicuously evasive about just who he’s talking about — and that not only will the proposal make it to Congress but it’ll be wildly successful. Burkman, needless to say, has his head firmly up his ass if he thinks such legislation has any chance in hell.

And speaking of which, Burkman’s brother happens to be gay and issued a statement yesterday calling his brother “an ass.”

(Visited 7 times, 1 visits today)

More on the Banter:

Secret Service On High Irony Alert As Drone Is Found On White House Grounds

Secret Service On High Irony Alert As Drone Is Found On White House Grounds

This would be the first Obama White House drone that didn't kill anyone.Read more...
Poor Mike Huckabee Thinks There's a 'Secular Theocracy' Taking Away Christians' Rights

Poor Mike Huckabee Thinks There's a 'Secular Theocracy' Taking Away Christians' Rights

Mike Huckabee looks to be going after the Christian martyrdom vote in 2016.Read more...
Donald Trump's Buffoonish and Delusional Narcissism Was In Top Form This Weekend

Donald Trump's Buffoonish and Delusional Narcissism Was In Top Form This Weekend

Guess who Trump thinks should be president? Okay, don't.Read more...
Your Handy Guide to the Most Epic Sarah Palin Speech Ever

Your Handy Guide to the Most Epic Sarah Palin Speech Ever

We've assembled here a selection of the most incomprehensible moments from the speech to serve as evRead more...
Fox and Friends: Obama's Plan for Free College is a Terrible Idea Because College Sucks

Fox and Friends: Obama's Plan for Free College is a Terrible Idea Because College Sucks

This is exactly the same incomprehensible flanking maneuver used by Erick Erickson when we tweeted tRead more...
  • Badgerite

    So the GOP plans to author a bill that would mandate that a private business discriminate against gays. Yeah. That sounds constitutional.

  • JozefAL

    Is Mr Burkman not aware that the NFL and all the leagues team are effictively PRIVATE businesses which hire employees based on specific skillsets?

    And remind me, but weren’t the GOP and their teabagging supporters all about the “show me where this is authorized by the Constitution” just a couple of years ago? Did something happen lately that’s changed that stance?

    • Christopher Foxx

      Did something happen lately that’s changed that stance?

      Well, it is a fairly wide stance…..

      • Aaron Litz

        They fell on their ass because of their unbalanced stance.

        haha, good one! :)

  • Gunnut2600

    Burkman is generating controversy….to generate money…to generate clients. He is a lazy hack who is managing to get people to talk about him. We need to stop fedding the lobbyist troll.

  • Christopher Foxx

    Burkman insists he has several Republicans already on board — he’s remaining conspicuously evasive about just who he’s talking about,

    “I have here in my hand a list of names…”

    For some reason, these lists never get shown.

    • Richard_thunderbay

      Of course, if a Burkman written bill actually does get presented, the implication is that the GOPers who sponsor it are merely the subservient puppets of a lobbyist, representing him and not their constituents.