THE MORNING BANTER: Ukrainian Olympians, Possible Monopolies, Tony Blair's Secrets, and Boston College Upsets

Happy Thursday! Here's what's happening on the interweb:
Happy Thursday! Here's what's happening on the interweb:
bc-wins-8052956704

Happy Thursday! Here's what's happening on the interweb:

1. Some Ukraine Team Members Leave Olympics Games

Some members of Ukraine's Sochi Olympics team decided on Thursday to leave the Winter Games, as widespread anti-government protests back home left dozens dead and hundreds injured. And when you compare that to the relative importance of sliding down a hill quickly, you can understand where they're coming from.

2. Just How Dangerous Is A Giant Comcast?

It's been more than 100 years since the U.S. Supreme Court determined that one of the biggest companies in the world, Standard Oil, was an illegal monopoly and would have to be broken apart. So happy anniversary America! It's about time we had another competitor-crushing monopoly that threatens the very fabric of our economy!

3. How Tony Blair’s Advice to Rebekah Brooks Over Phone Hacking Scandal Suggests He Lied About Iraq War

The news that former British Prime Minister Tony Blair apparently ‘unofficially’ advised the disgraced News of the World editor Rebekah Brooks over the phone hacking scandal in the UK back in July of 2011 is creating waves in the British press. But the details in the revelation may also reveal that Blair knew what the outcome of the inquiry would be before it ever happened, meaning he was either lying or is psychic. It's a toss up.

4. Boston College Upsets #1 Syracuse in OT

My Boston College Eagles decided that it didn't matter if we were 7-19 overall and 3-10 in the ACC, and they stuck it to the previously undefeated #1 Syracuse Orangemen. I know we don't usually cover college basketball on this site, but trust me, a significant win for a Boston College sports team is so rare that it's officially newsworthy. For Boston!