The Only Bill Nye vs Ken Ham Debate Highlights You Need to See

Last night, Billy Nye 'The Science Guy' debated some creationist called Ken Ham on the age old question: "How did we get here?". Who is Ken Ham? It's irrelevant really, as he's completely crazy. Anyhow, here's a useful mash up of the debate.
Last night, Billy Nye 'The Science Guy' debated some creationist called Ken Ham on the age old question: "How did we get here?". Who is Ken Ham? It's irrelevant really, as he's completely crazy. Anyhow, here's a useful mash up of the debate.
Bill-Nye-vs.-Ken-Ham-Debate_f_improf_64

Last night, Billy Nye 'The Science Guy' debated some creationist called Ken Ham on the age old question: "How did we get here?".

Who is Ken Ham? It's irrelevant really, because he believes the world was created 6,000 years ago. In other words, he's completely crazy and therefore not worth talking about.

Anyhow, a lot of people showed up to the debate that was held at Ham's Creation Museum in Kentucky, to watch a real scientist go toe to toe with a fruitcake. For a good two and a half hours, the two went at it with Nye presenting actual science and rationality, and Ham presenting pseudo science and fairy tales.

In truth, the event was pretty pointless and a bit of a publicity stunt. Real scientists arguing with creationists in a public forum should have ended over a hundred years ago, and giving them a prominent platform to speak gives credence to their insane beliefs. Ham does a good job of sounding like he knows what he is talking about, but just the fact that he believes dinosaurs and humans walked the earth together - an estimate off by around 65.475 million years - should discount him from serious scientific circles.

There's no real point in watching the entire debate, so here's a quick summary of the key arguments:

Bill Nye: We don't know how the universe came about, that's why we do science.

Ken Ham: There's a book that explains it all!!

Bill Nye: We don't know how or why consciousness arose, but we use science to try and understand it.

Ken Ham:  There's a book that explains it all!!

Bill Nye: We know for a scientific fact that the world is older than 6000 years because of carbon dating, fossil records, genetics and the study of DNA etc etc.

Ken Ham: There's a book that says otherwise!!

You get the point.

Here's a YouTube mashup of the debate, and really the only thing worth seeing: