Ted Nugent: 'I am a Black Guitar Player from Detroit'

Well, at least he was right about the "from Detroit" part of that sentence. In a bizarre interview with CNN's Erin Burnett last night, Nugent declared himself to be a "black guitar player from Detroit," while again suggesting that he doesn't "have a racist bone" in his body.
Well, at least he was right about the "from Detroit" part of that sentence. In a bizarre interview with CNN's Erin Burnett last night, Nugent declared himself to be a "black guitar player from Detroit," while again suggesting that he doesn't "have a racist bone" in his body.
nugent_erin_burnett

Well, at least he was right about the "from Detroit" part of that sentence. In a bizarre interview with CNN's Erin Burnett last night, Nugent declared himself to be a "black guitar player from Detroit," while again suggesting that he doesn't "have a racist bone" in his body.

Nugent's ridiculous mea culpa ironically came just after Burnett played the less-spoken-of-but-perhaps-more-offensive conclusion to Ted Nugent's "subhuman mongrel" tirade when he referred to President Obama as a "chimpanzee." Here's what he said a few weeks ago:

I have obviously failed to galvanize and prod, if not shame enough Americans to be ever vigilant not to let a Chicago communist raised communist educated communist nurtured subhuman mongrel like the ACORN community organizer gangster Barack Hussein Obama to weasel his way into the top office of authority in the United States of America. I am heartbroken but I am not giving up. I think America will be America again when Barack Obama, [Attorney General] Eric Holder, Hillary Clinton, [Sen.] Dick Durbin, [former New York City Mayor] Michael Bloomberg and all of the liberal Democrats are in jail facing the just due punishment that their treasonous acts are clearly apparent.

So a lot of people would call that inflammatory speech. Well I would call it inflammatory speech when it’s your job to protect Americans and you look into the television camera and say what difference does it make that I failed in my job to provide security and we have four dead Americans. What difference does that make? Not to a chimpanzee or Hillary Clinton, I guess it doesn’t matter.

Nugent also claimed that he himself got Piers Morgan fired, then he said that he plans to get CNN's Don Lemon and Wolf Blitzer fired as well.

All par for the course for Nugent, but clearly he's in the throes of a complete meltdown after finally being called out by the traditional news media for what he is.