Drake Loses Rolling Stone Cover To Philip Seymour Hoffman, Whines Like a Baby About It

Drake, as you can imagine, completely understood the need for Rolling Stone to unexpectedly change their cover story to Philip Seymour Hoffman and handled it with grace and dignity. Just kidding.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
Drake, as you can imagine, completely understood the need for Rolling Stone to unexpectedly change their cover story to Philip Seymour Hoffman and handled it with grace and dignity. Just kidding.
Screen Shot 2014-02-13 at 11.39.07 AM

Philip Seymour Hoffman was an Oscar-winning actor, very likely the best actor of his generation. Drake is an adequate rapper. Philip Seymour Hoffman starred in Boogie Nights, Capote, Almost Famous, Charlie Wilson's War, The Master, Moneyball, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, and The Talented Mr. Ripley. Drake was in Degrassi Junior High. Philip Seymour Hoffman died last week of a drug overdose, instantly creating what will likely be one of the biggest and saddest entertainment stories of the year and spawning tributes and retrospectives across every media platform. Drake was getting a cover story done on him by Rolling Stone this week because -- I don't know, because he's Drake and there wasn't much else going on.

But see, there wasn't much else going on until the untimely death of an almost universally praised Hollywood star. Once that happened, Rolling Stone did what dozens of other entertainment magazines did: they quickly shifted their primary focus over to an actual story -- one that would almost assuredly be on the minds of their readers -- and put Philip Seymour Hoffman on their cover. Drake, as you can imagine, completely understood the need for this unexpected change and handled it with grace and dignity.

Just kidding -- of course he threw a temper tantrum on Twitter.

Screen Shot 2014-02-13 at 11.19.28 AM

Screen Shot 2014-02-13 at 11.19.57 AM

In the first part of that first tweet he's apparently trying to knock down rumors that during his interview with Rolling Stone he took a shot at Kanye We... oh, for God's sake, who cares. As Rich Juzwiak over at Gawker says, it's amusing to hear Drake refer to the cover of Rolling Stone like it's a toy that got taken away from him by another kid in preschool. And if you need to further cement that analogy, here's Drake going the full LaBeouf and pouting about how he's picking up his own toys and going home.

Screen Shot 2014-02-13 at 11.25.16 AM

Yes, give up on the press and just stick to whining on Twitter. That's worked out pretty well so far.

Now I'm going back to never once writing about Drake. Sorry for the interruption.

Adding: I guess I will throw in one more thing about Drake. Totally forgot: #YOLO? That was his. So fuck him.