Crackpot Radio Host Declares 'I Love Black Males' as Reason for Banning Homosexuality

Yesterday, on National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, Fischer ran face-first into both homophobia and racism with an epic rant about how, yes, if you support LGBT rights, you hate black people.
Yesterday, on National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, Fischer ran face-first into both homophobia and racism with an epic rant about how, yes, if you support LGBT rights, you hate black people.
bryan_fischer_black_males

There's a paleoconservative extremist on the radio who's very likely the dictionary definition of a wingnut. His name is Bryan Fischer, a director for issues analysis the American Family Association (yes, "analysis" is part of his job title), and he's gaining quite a bit of visibility.

Yesterday, on National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, Fischer ran face-first into both homophobia and racism with an epic rant about how, yes, if you support LGBT rights, you hate black people. Via Right Wing Watch, here's what Fischer said:

FISCHER: Black males are the leading victims of HIV/AIDS in our culture. [...] Let me put it bluntly. If you are for the legalization of homosexuality, you are for the acceptability of homosexuality, you are for the normalization of homosexuality, you do not care about black males. You have no compassion in your black heart for black males because they're being decimated by HIV/AIDS [...] Six percent of the population, 44 percent of HIV/AIDS. So why am I opposed to the normalization of homosexual behavior? Because I love black males. I want black males to live long, prosperous, healthy, disease-free lives.

He went on to suggest that homosexuality and therefore HIV/AIDS is creating a "black genocide." I don't think that word -- genocide -- means what he thinks it means. And what about gay African-Americans or African-Americans who support LGBT civil rights? Do they support a "genocide" against themselves?

So Bryan Fischer "loves black males," therefore homosexuality should be illegal. Makes total sense, doesn't it? Let's see how much Fischer really loves African-American men. From the Bryan Fischer Greatest Hits, he once said it's a bad idea to give welfare assistance to African-Americans because they "rut like rabbits." There was also that time when he said President Obama isn't a "real black man." Oh, and the president is also a "christophobic bigot."

But he loves African-American men.

It goes without saying that we can't be compassionate enough when it comes to the victims of HIV/AIDS. Indeed, there are far fewer African-American gay men than white gay men, while the rate of HIV/AIDS is about the same among African-American men and white men. AIDS.gov attributes this to poverty, healthcare and lack of awareness they have the illness.

However, I assure you, Fischer doesn't give a flying rip about African-American men and is merely exploiting those who have suffered and died from HIV/AIDS, gay or straight, as an excuse to demagogue the LGBT community. And he does this regularly. Let's go back to Bryan Fischer's Greatest Hits, shall we?

--Fischer thinks parents of gay children should scold their kids and tell them they're heading down "a path of destruction and death."

--Activists in the LGBT community are trying to "desensitize" us to pedophilia. He's also employed the tired old scare tactic of homosexuality leading to pedophilia.

--He won't support Chris Christie's would-be presidential campaign because Christie appointed a gay judge.

--He hosted an ex-gay, ex-Nazi, ex-Satanist guest on his show as a clever and quite transparent way to conflate these various forms of obvious evil.

--He accused Dick Cheney's lesbian daughter of being an "intolerant lesbian bigot."

--Of course he praised India's Supreme Court for outlawing "carnal intercourse" between gay people.

--He also supports Uganda's anti-gay law.

--Fischer declared that we need 150 million Phil Robertsons. Um. No thanks.

--Using utterly ridiculous "science," Fischer thinks transgender women and men can be cured.

--Same-sex marriage is child abuse.

And this was just from the last three months.

One last thought. In Africa, homosexuality is illegal in 38 nations and subject to the death penalty in three. That must be why there's totally not an HIV/AIDS crisis in Africa, right?