A Question for Mia Farrow: If You Hate Child Abusers, Why Are You Still Friends With Roman Polanski?

As the back and forth between the Dylan Farrow and Woody Allen camps gets increasingly contentious and each side’s version of events gets pored over in greater and greater detail, there are some troubling facts emerging (and re-emerging) about Mia Farrow that quite seriously undermine her credibility in all of this. While this does not in any way detract from Dylan Farrow’s account of being abused by Allen, Mia Farrow’s defense of and friendship with child rapist Roman Polanski puts into perspective her trustworthiness.

If you weren’t already aware of this, Farrow went to court back in 2005 as a witness in a libel sex trial the director had with Conde Nast, the publisher of Vanity Fair magazine (Polanski filed a lawsuit over a Vanity Fair article in which he was accused of propositioning a woman on the way to the funeral of his murdered wife Sharon Tate). Farrow flew to London and went to court in defense of Polanski, saying the magazine’s accusations were false. Hollywood.com reported at the time:

A source tells Britain’s Sunday Times newspaper, “Mia regards Romanas a close friend and she says she will do all she can to help him.”

There is no doubt whatsoever that Polanski is guilty of sodomizing a 13 year old girl after plying her with alcohol and drugs in 1977 at the home of Jack Nicholson and Anjelica Huston. Although he claimed it was consensual (the victim, Samantha Geimer, said it wasn’t) he admitted having sex with a child, and was awaiting trial in the US before fleeing to France to avoid sentencing. (Whether it was consensual or not, sex with someone under the age of 14 constitutes a felony with a minimum 3-year prison sentence in California).

While hundreds of Hollywood stars and insiders rallied in the name of exonerating Polanski of his abominable crimes, anyone vaguely concerned about child welfare would have stayed well away from someone like him. While ‘on the run’ Polanski enjoyed a lucrative career as a filmmaker in Europe; his only punishment was that he couldn’t make films in America.

Again, this has nothing to do with the veracity of Dylan Farrow’s harrowing depiction of abuse by Woody Allen. Whether the alleged assaults happened or not, it is clear Dylan is the victim in all of this, because she at least believes she was assaulted.  But Mia Farrow’s inconsistency when it comes to her treatment of Allen and Polanski is very troubling to say the least. Because in no rational world is the rape of a child more forgivable than a (marginally) less serious sexual assault on another child. Furthermore, we don’t know whether Allen molested Dylan Farrow, because no one was there other than them, and that includes Mia Farrow. But we do know for certain that Polanski committed a terrible sex crime against a minor, for which he has never been punished.

So, Mia, why are you still friends with Roman Polanski?

  • Annie Logan

    Mia testified for Roman in a Libel case against Vanity Fair-it had nothing to do with supporting him, or trying to free him from jail because he raped a 13 year old girl. Woody Allen is the one who signed the Free Roman petition trying to get a convicted rapist out of jail.

    I think the author got the story wrong. My understanding (I’ve read this plenty of other places) is that Vanity Fair published an article that stated that about two weeks after his wife was murdered, Roman hit on a woman, in a public restaurant, and while sliding his hand up her leg said I will make you the next Sharon Tate. Mia was there and said it didn’t happen. To my knowledge, and I have really looked for it, Mia has never supported Roman not being prosecuted, or not being punished for raping a 13 year old girl. Woody Allen is the one who wanted Roman to be released from jail after he already admitted to and was convicted of rape.

  • Albertine Disparue

    Let me guess the conversation between MommyMia and Dylan the day Mia was flying to London to defend Polanski: “My dear girl, I am going because this friend of Mommy who sodomized a 13 year old needs Mommy to defend him”
    What was Dylan’s reaction: “Oh mommy, you truly are a noble soul. Go defend that child molester from that web of lies that Vanity Fair is, the very magazine which I am going to choose to slander daddy less than a decade later.”

    • Annie Logan

      Mia didn’t defend Roman for raping a 13 year old girl-Woody did. Mia testified that she was with Roman when VF claimed that he had hit on a woman and told her he would make her the next Sharon Tate, just two weeks after Sharon Tate was murdered by the Manson Family. There is the freedom of the press but when they lie, they can be sued. Woody Allen has sued a lot of people in his lifetime. If Vanity Fair had lied in it’s article about Woody Allen, he could have sued and one.

  • Jon Fox

    Via twitter, Farrow denies that she’s friends with Polanski: https://twitter.com/MiaFarrow/statuses/430053378107142144

    • OL

      I saw her interviewed she flew to England to testify on his behalf. She stated numerous times he is her friend. ask her son Roman, OH sorry Ronan

      • Jon Fox

        That may be, but as of a couple weeks ago she’s denying she’s friends with him.

        • OL

          Mia Farrow, who appeared in Polanski’s 1968 film “Rosemary’s Baby,” has said in as recently as 2005 that she still regards him as a close friend Which, perhaps, is why she flew to London to testify in his behalf in his libel suit against Vanity Fair, which had alleged that Polanski had hit on a Swedish woman right before Sharon Tate’s funeral.Farrow has never spoken out against Polanski. Not one word. Ever. She has, however, maintained her friendship with the admitted child rapist.

    • Albertine Disparue

      How about her brother, who is doing time for having molested for years two young boys? Is she denying him as well?

  • JUSTinNow

    Are you aware that WOODY ALLEN’s name is at the top of a SACD petition demanding justice for his friend ROMAN POLANSKI? So it seems funny that you are trying to discredit Mia Farrow for being friendly with her Rosemary’s Baby co-worker who was also a close friend of her partner, Woody Allen. Seems Mia Farrow was easily fooled by intelligent, cunning pedophiles working in the entertainment business.

    • OL

      That’s pathetic they are BOTH SCUM Mia Farrow is a degenerate and so is Woody Allen.

    • OL

      Various Hollywood directors and actors, such as Woody Allen (who left longtime girlfriend Mia Farrow and at 56 married Farrow’s 22-year-old adopted daughter) have signed a petition supporting Polanski. Actor Michael Douglas, at the Cannes Film Festival to promote his new film, told French radio he would not sign the petition and felt it would not be fair to sign the petition for “somebody who did break the law.”

    • OL
  • FREE MARKET ROBOT

    And why do you still beat your wife? Sorry, that line doesn’t actually work with you since no one would mistake you for a guy who could be married. But seriously, how about more evidence, less innuendo?

    • OL

      How about listening to her own words, and also Woody Allen’s They are both sickos.

      • FREE MARKET ROBOT

        Mia Farrow was called to testify in a trial on a matter unrelated to Roman Polanski’s rape. She testified as to what she witnessed on the incident in question. She is not a “defender” of Polanski and I have seen no source for her currently being a “friend” of his.

  • OL

    Polanski Admitted to Drugging raping and sodomizing a 13 year old girl, he was sentenced to 50 years flees the Country BUT Mia Farrow supports him. she says he is her friend. Mia seems to have a lot of Friends that are Pedophiles. Because Woody and Mia and Polanski are the same & maybe they will soon join Michael Jackson in Hell

    • Collin237

      It must feel good to be so certain of things. I bet you could’ve found the WMD in Iraq.

      • OL

        I Didn’t Believe in WMD ,like I don’t believe Woody OR Mia, I am fair. everyone knows Mia supported Polanski she testified for him in 2005 flew to England.The woman is a screw ball & so is woody the PEDO!!

        • Collin237

          You believe in Woody, as the villain in an archetypal child-sacrifice narrative.

  • Schneibster

    Folks will know Da Schneib is very picky about evidence.

    When Polanski was charged I wanted to see evidence.

    I saw everything I needed. Bleargh. There have to be lines.

    OTOH, Polanski is on this side and Woody is on that side. Morally, Mia might have a complaint; but having made up false accusations (and it’s pretty clear she did, abusers are generally serial) I think she sacrificed any claim she might truthfully have made before she muddied the waters.

  • Christopher Foxx

    Seeing a horrendous crime as OK because the perpetrator is her friend? I didn’t realize Farrow was a Republican.

    • OL

      Mia Farrow is a Pedophile herself get real Keeps adopting Kids her family knee deep in incest. She is classic. I have seen this before. Her rage is not do to Child Molestation its from Woody leaving her for the Daughter they are both sickos. that make you vomit.

      • Christopher Foxx

        I dunno. I get more nauseous at the thought of illiterate morons capable of cramming four, oh, let’s call them “sentences”, in before a single period who think they’ve actually got something to add to a discussion.

        • OL

          Get a life!! Sorry Woody is a Pedo and so is Mia & if you can’t see that you are beyond illiterate! They are text book cases,

          • Christopher Foxx

            You proved my point with the first comment, OL. No need to provide further evidence.

          • OL

            The problem with many, with regard to child abuse is their inability to see the truth. Mia Farrow and Woody Allen are both extremely disturbed people. I have zero doubt Woody Allen molested Dylan, but believe Mia Farrow hampered the investigation with her agenda to punish Woody Allen for.Soon Yi. Woody Allen is slime, and belongs in prison.

  • missliberties

    It’s called forgiveness.

    Try it sometime. Everyone who makes ghastly mistakes does not deserve to suffer forever and ever.

    Try it sometime. Forgive someone. It is the hardest thing for people to do.

    • Christopher Foxx

      I won’t even consider forgiveness for a child rapist until they stop running from their crime.

    • Lady Willpower

      Roman Polanski drugged and sodomized a 13 year old girl. There is no forgiveness for that. He also doesn’t think he made a mistake. If there was an ounce of contrition on his part, maybe. Forgiveness has to begin with an admission of wrongdoing, and he’s never made that step.

    • MSD

      So she forgives one child abuser but lets her little minions continue to attack Woody Allen, who by the way was never charged.

    • Schneibster

      For who?

    • OL

      She forgives Roman a convicted Sexual Abuser SODOMIZED DRUGGED RAPED a 13 year old, But cant forgive woody for leaving her lets face it Soon Yi was a house maid for Mia Farrow. She had to decide Which PEDO to live with Woody Or Mia.

  • Rick Dieterle

    Because she’s a selfish idiot and it’s different when it’s her kid.

  • Lady Willpower

    Every celebrity who supports Roman Polanski should have their goddamn heads examined. Special hatred goes out to Debra Winger and Harvey Weinstein, who literally seem to think Polanski never did anything wrong at all.

    • Benthedailybanter

      I hear that. It’s absolutely disgusting that he never served time for his crime.

      • Muriel Matters

        You’ll use any thing to excuse Woody Allen,Allen did after all marry his adopted daughter …disgusting.

        • Synthmatrix

          Please get up to speed Muriel. Soon-Yi was not his daughter. She barely knew him before she started attending Columbia University. She was also 21. For Mia Farrow to criticise that age difference is hypocritical.

          • Lady Willpower

            “She barely knew him”

            I’m assuming what little she did know of him was that he was her mother’s boyfriend of 12 years. So… that’s awesome.

          • Synthmatrix

            And Mia slept with Frank Sinatra in 1987 to bear his son Ronin. She’s also quoted as saying they never really broke up even though Frank was remarried. So…that’s awesome?

            Cast judgement all you want but Woody has been married to Soon-Yi for 17 years and they have 2 daughters and Moses Farrow is on their side.

          • OL

            So Roman is her Son RONIN get them confused

          • JUSTinNow

            And the BTK serial killer was married for 34 years and had 2 children, but that didn’t stop him from being a criminal. Just because Woody Allen married one of his victims and then adopted two more children does NOT mean he’s a good guy.

            In the US, up to %40 of spouses have an extramarital affair during their lifetime. Though that’s not awesome, the children of cheating spouses don’t deserve to be molested. Your argument seems to be that it’s okay that Woody Allen is a pedophile since his ex wasn’t a saint. Not a very good argument, is it?

          • OL

            2 adopted kids for PEDO woody lets face, it Soon Yi is too old for him now and Pedos can’t have real relationships with a woman so like Michael Jackson he needs to adopt. Where is Soon Yi to go live with her insane Pedo Mother or who treated her like a house maid beat her up, or Woody. No contest. Actually remember he molested Soon Yi also. The Good news is he is 79 years old and he will soon be joining Michael Jackson.

          • OL

            Soon Yi never attended Columbia not that it matters. But There are numerous Pictures of Woody Allen with Soon Yi as a child. He went on Vacation with the whole Family. Making excuses for his degenerate behavior is pathetic. He was a stepfather to her was molesting her for years.

          • JUSTinNow

            That is nonsense. Woody Allen helped to raise Soon Yi and this is a fact easily verified by tons of public family vacation photos of a young Soon Yi with Woody Allen and Mia. Soon Yi was only 19 when Mia Farrow discovered nude photos of her in Woody’s apartment, which incidentally was only two weeks after Woody adopted two of Soon Yi’s siblings. Know your facts before you publicly back a child molester.

        • Benthedailybanter

          I’m not excusing Woody Allen at all. I’m questioning Mia Farrow and her breathtaking hypocrisy. How on earth can someone denounce one (alleged) child molester while calling a convicted child rapist ‘a close personal friend’?

          • OL

            Easy things are not black and White Mia Farrow is a degenerate also she doesn’t care if Woody molest little kids she can keep adopting them for him. Who knows she is classic narcissist that has an extremely incestuous relationship with her children her brother a convicted pedo Polanski Woody the list continues. The fact that her Daughter Soon Yi ran off with Pedo Woody Allen is what has upset her. So now she pretends she cares. Mia Farrow approved a clip of herself to be played at the awards.She is a giant hypocrite.

          • JUSTinNow

            So your child is molested and you speak out against the predator. Instead of focusing on the molester, everyone focuses on you. They’re asking why should they care about your kid being molested when you’re such a creep. How are these two things even connected? Mia isn’t being a hypocrite, she’s being a protective mother.

            And it may interest you to know that WOODY ALLEN signed his name at the top of the SACD petition demanding justice for ROMAN POLANSKI. So, it seems Mia Farrow worst crime is that she’s not good at choosing the men she lets into her life.

          • OL

            Woody and Mia are both Child abusers.If Mia Farrows Judgement is so incredibly impaired, then she must be considered unfit to continuously adopt children, since she only dates Pedophiles. PLEASE, she never defended her daughter ,she used Woody Allen’s Pedophilia because of Soon YI. They are both Child molesters . Its so obvious, I have seen this scenario before.So did Mia sign!! Woody & Mia both Water seeks its own level.

          • Benthedailybanter

            I’m not defending Woody Allen. His defense of Polanski is disgusting. I’m saying that Farrow’s word in all of this is very dubious.

          • OL

            If you look at the time line it makes no sense. But Mia;s own words are telling. Woody Allen’s interaction with Dylan was very un-natural. Mia’s initial response un-natural. They go into Therapy because of this. Mia has an extremely incestuous relationship with her children. Most likely Mia was jealous instead of protecting Dylan. Mia Farrow is very cold person that;s why she has that extremely fake exterior of altruism. She never stopped Woody till it was convenient. She used Dylan as a base ball bat. Woody Molested her but not on that day. Before the huge fight, so she most likely coached the girl to make it worse or fit her time line this must have been hard for a Child. When you are traumatized the way Dylan was the day and time may not be so clear.Also certain pedophiles like Mia and Woody become extremely Jealous when a child hits puberty. Mia fits the profile and so does Woody. They both molest children.

          • Maverick99

            Dylan was only 7. Mia’s brother is a convicted sex offender now in jail. He wasn’t in jail in 1992. It’s possible that it was Dylan’s uncle who molested her, and Dylan blames Woody because Mia approved of blaming Woody but would have gone ballistic on her if she blamed Mia’s brother. I believe that Dylan recalls getting molested, but if it was her uncle who did it, she could have repressed it out of fear of losing her mother’s love. Woody, however, was an approved Mia target, so Woody was chosen.

          • OL

            That’s a very interesting point. I believe the dynamics involved in Families like this are very complicated. For instance, Mia Farrow’s involvement with Polanski, her brother, her obsession with adopting children. Woody Allen, did have a relationship with Mia’s Daughter and that is pretty disgusting by most peoples standards, It is incest whether he admits it or not. There is no doubt from reports etc.that is relationship with Dylan was very very abnormal. Did he molest her that day, was that the first time who knows, I think he was molesting her for a while or interacting in a very harmful manner. The Court report sheds light on this. It is my belief that Mia Farrow and Woody Allen both have very unnatural & unhealthy relationships with children. They are both too needy and emotionally vacant. Read Judge Wilks ruling on this. Its excellent.

          • Maverick99

            Family Court judges tend to be very biased based upon their own views of custody and personal moral compass. In this case, Judge Wilk was disgusted with Allen’s perfectly legal relationship with Soon Yi. She had absolutely no legal relationship with Allen. Judge Wilk had no right to hold Allen’s relationship with Soon Yi against him in regard to custody of his children with Mia Farrow, but he DID.

          • OL

            If you read The Court Document you will see why Judge Wilk did not allow Woody Allen Custody or visitation rights. anyone who knew Judge Wilk can attest to his incredible fairness.

          • Maverick99

            The anti-Woody faction exaggerates the visitation issue. IIRC, visitation with Dylan was delayed by 6 months until the results of her most recent therapy, Allen was not denied visitation with Ronan. I don’t recall the Moses visitation arrangement. But it is important to consider that at the time of the custody hearing. Mia had turned the children against Allen by informing them of the molestation charge plus Allen’s intimate relationship with their sister Soon Yi. Of course the children were shocked and dismayed by such revelations. There was no way a judge would award custody or liberal visitation to Allen under those circumstances. But any impartial reader of Wilk’s decision would be struck by his condescending and dismissive tone toward Allen. Wilk was understanding and forgiving of Farrow’s hostile and violent behavior given the circumstances. In fact, Farrow was so appreciative of his support that she names one of her children after Judge Wilk.

          • OL

            In 1989 I saw the Movie “Crimes & Misdemeanors” There is a scene where Allen says, The last time I was inside a woman was the statue of Liberty, he then for a brief moment has a closeup shot of Dylan. I remember being very uncomfortable with that scene, so when Woody Allen was accused of Molesting Dylan, I was not surprised.Judge Wilk based his decision on the evidence presented to him. Woody Allen’s interaction with Dylan was incredibly gross. typical of someone who has extremely unnatural feelings toward a child. His behavior was that of a pedophile. No matter what anyone states the Allen defenders will have a closed mind about this HUGE WHITE ELEPHANT in the room. My point is that both Mia farrow and Woody Allen are very disturbed.

          • Maverick99

            I agree that this is certainly a dysfunctional family with both parents equally responsible for the results. The thing is, if Mia was truly concerned about the health and welfare of all her children, she would not have dragged this matter into the public arena. As soon as she made public allegations of abuse, the matter had to be investigated by authorities and all chance of a amicable resolution were lost. Allen only filed for custody when he realized that Farrow was intending to sever and destroy his relationship with his children unless he compensated her dearly. In testimony at the custody trial, famed attorney Alan Dershowitz said he was brought into the case by Mia Farrow to negotiate a settlement. Allen’s lawyers claim that her legal team offered to drop the abuse allegation (Dylan) for a lump sum payment of 5 – 8 million dollars. That doesn’t seem like a mother’s outrage for molestation – it seems like a form of blackmail. IMO this entire family meltdown disaster could have been averted if their bloodthirsty attorneys had stayed out of it.

          • OL

            If you read the court documents, you would see Woody Allen’s own words. He really had no relationship with Farrows children in a normal sense, he was solely obsessed with Dylan. The fact that Mia allowed, which was Documented by Woody’s own psychiatrist, such unbelievable behavior is beyond astonishing. If you are interested in the truth, read the Court report Woody Allen’s own words. He is the one who brought the custody suit. He is a typical pedophile. He does not acknowledge ,what is glaringly obvious to anyone else, I have years of experience in Child abuse especially sexual abuse. Dylan’s reaction to a person who sexually abused her receiving an award is a very natural response, has her mother added fuel to the fire. Of course, but betrayal of such magnitude by a Parent,is the most painful traumatic event someone could ever experience. I think it took great courage for her to come forward & Dylan has nothing to gain. Her response was a valid one.

          • Maverick99

            It is typical for people with either a sexually abused history, or social workers who have dealt with sexual abuse cases, to obsess on the internet over the Allen-Farrow case. Your claimed years of experience have still not taught you the true definition of a pedophile, their backgrounds, and their typical MO. So I will leave you to your continued obsession over Allen, as the current wave of discussion over this case has ended for the next month or so until Dylan’s next outburst during the Academy Awards. .

          • OL

            It is typical of people who admire someone to reject that they may have a huge flaw in their Character, The fact is there is really no true definition of a pedophile. Mr.Allen’s behavior, according to professionals,towards his daughter, was GROSSLY inappropriate..There are all different types of Child molesters/pedophiles preferential boy/girl incestuous only molest those who are related. Some are only interested toddlers to 7 years old. Some are serial pedophiles others are not continuous offenders when a child is available they will molest. Sometimes a really bad relationship may bring out the worst in 2 people. In the instance of Woody Allen, he showed no interest in Children at all and according to the court reports and Mia Farrow didn’t want children nor have an interest in adopting, till she coax him.. When there is a lack of intimacy in a relationship, The Mother/Father will turn to the children to get their needs met. But it is usually very narcissistic. If either one of the adults were traumatized sexually abused as children the marriage relationship, can trigger the person to react as their abuser. So it is very complicated. The fact that Woody Allen had relations with Mia’s teenage daughter is completely unacceptable. Now perhaps you are right about her seeking revenge. I think that she may have been motivated to do that or that. My sole interest is, I really liked Woody Allen, am writing a paper on this subject, and the more I read the more complex a subject this is. I feel very sorry for children in this circumstance.

          • Solo Atkinson

            “Mia has an extremely incestuous relationship with her children.”

            I suppose you mean overly close…or do you mean…!

          • OL

            Mia Farrow seems to make children her companions and has completely enmeshed them in her problems. that is very obvious to any trained professional. She basically uses children to have her own emotional needs met. One of the many signs for an incest mother is that they will sit the child down and trash the Father. Her inability to be close to her children, lets be honest what Mother would allow such grotesque behavior to take place between their daughter and their boyfriend. Her relationship with Dylan and her other Children is very disturbing on many levels. Lets not leave out WOODY POLANSKI ?? I think both Woody and Mia are unfit Parents, They’re considered a RED FLAG in Incest sexual abuse!, I wouldn’t leave my children with either one of them. Many parents have immature parenting skills. They may complain that their partners act like children, or like tyrants, or that their partners are physically or emotionally absent. Such parents often seek the love they want in affairs – or from their children. Woody and Mia make their Children replacement spouses.

          • Solo Atkinson

            I can’t help thinking of Anne Sexton.

        • villemar

          Your poor grammatical skills complement nicely your complete and utter ignorance of the facts here.

          • Muriel Matters

            No wonder your parents are so embarrassed ..crawl back under your pedo supporting rock..birds of a feather you know..

        • OL

          Woody Allen is a pedophile so is Mia farrow and Polanski Just my opinion. Dylan is telling the truth her Mother new about Woody’s weird relationship with her Daughter( by her own admission) allowed it BUT Only pressed charges when it suited her. Don’t forget days before she consented that Woody Adopt Dylan. Seems odd. Mia Farrow harmed the investigation.She is the sole reason Woody Allen is not in a Prison.She interfered and used her daughters tragic horrific event for her own purpose typical incest mother. Hope they all Rot in Hell sorry for poor Dylan.

          • Maverick99

            I would have more sympathy for Dylan’s plight if she wasn’t such a vengeful psycho-bish. The only way this family matter will heal is if media outlets stop allowing her to use them for her own destructive ends. It is fine for sexual abuse advocates to have empathy for known victims, but those advocates need to save their soap box to target KNOWN predators ( like Mia’s brother and Roman Polanski) and not SUSPECTED molesters. It dilutes their message when they come across to the public as wacko vigilantes who want to believe that ALL men are potential sexual deviants. If a suspect has no prior or subsequent accusations, and has not been charged with the crime, then the ‘advocacy group’ needs to move and find actual criminals. Sexual molestation occurs everyday, and a 79 year old Allen is hardly the poster boy for concern.