Willow Smith Proves Why Child Stars Should Never Do Interviews

We’ve all seen Lindsay Lohan and Justin Bieber – child stars working endless hours, no school, no ‘normal’ life. We’ve watched their descent into crazy. It’s not that pleasant. So when Willow, offspring of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith, decided to give an interview about why it was she turned down the lead role in the Annie remake, starring Jamie Foxx and Cameron Diaz, her answer does not sound like that of a 13 year-old.
We’ve all seen Lindsay Lohan and Justin Bieber – child stars working endless hours, no school, no ‘normal’ life. We’ve watched their descent into crazy. It’s not that pleasant. So when Willow, offspring of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith, decided to give an interview about why it was she turned down the lead role in the Annie remake, starring Jamie Foxx and Cameron Diaz, her answer does not sound like that of a 13 year-old.
Screen Shot 2014-01-15 at 3.55.09 PM

We’ve all seen Lindsay Lohan and Justin Bieber – child stars working endless hours, no school, no ‘normal’ life. We’ve watched their descent into crazy. It’s not that pleasant.

So when Willow, offspring of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith, decided to give an interview about why it was she turned down the lead role in the Annie remake, starring Jamie Foxx and Cameron Diaz, her answer does not sound like that of a 13 year-old.

Yes. I did say 13. Before you read the quotes below, just remember what you were like when you were 13. All innocent and sweet. Just learning a few swear words. Only a few years away before proper rebellion kicks in and you start telling your parents to get out of your room for invading your space.

And this is why child stars should not give interviews (via The Mirror):

“I just wanted to chill and be at home and decompress and just find out what I wanted to do and where I stand on this planet. I just feel like I want to do it different than the world’s ready for. I’m enjoying just being independent and doing my own thing....”

“Famousness is awesomeness but some parts of famousness can be hard. The hardest part is wanting to hang out with your friends when you have to work and make platinum records. And your friends come over, and you’re recording, and you’re like, ‘Please let me go with my friends. I don’t want to stay here!’ But people are relying on you.”

I'm not going after Willow on this one (she is, after all, 13). But her parents should be obliged, for society's sake, to get their kids to shut the f**k up.