Who Wants to Violently Overthrow the President Today?

In addition to inviting kooky stunt guests to the State of the Union, it's becoming a thing for the far-right to threaten to violently overthrow the president. It's either that or threatening to hang the president for treason.
In addition to inviting kooky stunt guests to the State of the Union, it's becoming a thing for the far-right to threaten to violently overthrow the president. It's either that or threatening to hang the president for treason.
stooges_army

In addition to inviting kooky stunt guests to the State of the Union, it's becoming a thing for the far-right to threaten to violently overthrow the president. It's either that or threatening to hang the president for treason.

Today it's a retired general and Fox News analyst. Travis Gettys at Rawstory reported:

A retired Army general and Fox News analyst told a Tea Party group that he would lead a military coup against the U.S. government, if only reluctantly.

Paul Vallely, a retired major general and senior military analyst for the conservative news channel, told the Surprise, Arizona, Tea Party Patriots during a Dec. 3 speech that other retired military personnel and veterans groups had contacted him about the possibility.

At least he's reluctant about it because I suppose it's important to not seem too ramped up about, you know, a coup.

Vallely explained, "I had a call this afternoon from Idaho, the gentleman said, 'If I give you 250,000 Marines to go to Washington, will you lead them?' I said, 'Yes, I will, I’ll surround the White House and I'll surround the Capitol building, but it’s going to take physical presence to do things."

First of all, there aren't 250,000 Marines in existence. There are only around 200,000, so this wackaloon's Marine coup deployment would have to involve all 200,000 Marines and 50,000 make-believe Marines conjured by Vallely and his buddy from Idaho.

But really, this whole coup fantasy is nothing more than an eliminationist tantrum because they've been marginalized on the issues and are generally incapable of pursuing change through rational, realistic means. Meanwhile, the group tantrum is only amplified by the Fox News and talk radio feedback loop when it should be immediately batted down as crackpottery.