THIS JUST IN: Daft Punk Are Not Actually Robots

TMZ, the pinnacle of world-class journalism, has broken what looks to be the story of the century: Grammy Award-winning musicians Daft Punk are not, in fact, robots.
TMZ, the pinnacle of world-class journalism, has broken what looks to be the story of the century: Grammy Award-winning musicians Daft Punk are not, in fact, robots.
140130-daft-punk-without-helmets

TMZ, the pinnacle of world-class journalism, has broken what looks to be the story of the century

Grammy Award-winning musicians Daft Punk are not, in fact, robots.

daft-punk-guys-take-helmets-off-for-fli

It turns out they are two Frenchman named Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas who, in hopes of living normal lives while simultaneously influencing the entire pop music landscape, decided to don futuristic costumes to conceal their identity. Fortunately for their insatiable fans though, as more and more pictures of the two appear online, it’s an inevitability that that anonymity will be erased and they will be forced to be the superstars they are.

Blurry photos had previously been sprinkled online, but those just helped add to their Sasquatch-esque mythology. In fact, some conspiracy theorists previously subscribed to the myth that Daft Punk were humans at one point, but that they had turned into robots, as one of the members was once reported saying, “We did not choose to become robots. There was an accident in our studio. We were working on our sampler, and at exactly 9:09 a.m. on September 9, 1999, it exploded. When we regained consciousness, we discovered that we had become robots.

However, others have pointed to past quotes from the group that point to a more logical background for the two, such as when they told Rolling Stone things like, “We’re not performers, we’re not models,” and "One thing I like about the masks is that I don't have people constantly coming up to me and reminding me what I do. It's nice to be able to forget."

And thanks to those hard-hitting journalists at TMZ, their days of not being constantly swarmed by adoring fans are over.