The Truth About Obama's Executive Orders in a Handy Chart

Obama has issued orders at the slowest rate since Grover Cleveland, who was in office from 1885 to 1889.
Obama has issued orders at the slowest rate since Grover Cleveland, who was in office from 1885 to 1889.
President+Obama+Signs+Executive+Orders+

As Bob Cesca pointed out in his column yesterday, Presidents of the United States have a long history of issuing executive orders, making Obama's decision to unilaterally  raise the minimum wage about as a controversial as the him using Air Force One.

However, when conservatives believe the President should not be allowed to use the aircraft designated specifically for his use, there's bound to be a giant controversy over his issuing of executive orders, however few they may be. And true to form, Republicans been up in arms about his supposed abuse of the constitution after Obama proposed a host of executive orders that include moderately raising the minimum wage.

“We can go to court,” GOP Sen. John McCain of Arizona told The Hill. “We haven’t got many more options except [to] tell the American people that we’re seeing an abuse of the intent of the Constitution.”

Strong words from the 'Straight Talk Express'. Thankfully, there's a handy chart put together by Christopher Ingraham of the Brookings Institute that looks at the history of executive orders by President. And Shock Horror, Obama has issued orders at the slowest rate since Grover Cleveland, who was in office from 1885 to 1889:

/L5Da4bN.jpg