Quote of the Day: Why the Hell Is Wendy Davis Being Asked To Respond To Bristol Palin?

Now here's where I remind you that this is Bristol Palin we're talking about. Teen mom, shitty cable star, grifter-in-training Bristol Palin. This is the person with the colossal chutzpah to knock Wendy Davis about her life choices.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
Now here's where I remind you that this is Bristol Palin we're talking about. Teen mom, shitty cable star, grifter-in-training Bristol Palin. This is the person with the colossal chutzpah to knock Wendy Davis about her life choices.
Screen Shot 2014-01-28 at 10.33.50 AM

"With all due respect to Miss Palin, of course, nothing that was said in that tweet is true. I am very proud of the mother that I have been to my daughters. I have always been, and will always be, the most important female in their life."

-- Wendy Davis, yesterday during an interview on Fusion TV

The "Miss Palin" Davis is talking about isn't Sarah -- it's Bristol.

Last week the Dallas Morning News published a piece that questioned the timeline of events in Wendy Davis's personal history, which she often brings up on the campaign trail. As the story says, the basic facts of Davis's narrative are true, but a few details of it seem to have been blurred or are slightly off. Davis is a politician; all politicians create personal mythologies in one way or another and even if she weren't a politician I wouldn't expect her to take a journalist's eye to tick-tocking her own past.

But given that a very specific reading of Davis's history could lead someone to believe that her ex-husband took care of her high school- and college-age kids after she finished law school, Bristol Palin decided it would be a good idea to have someone turn on the computer for her so she could bang out this gem on her Facebook page, aimed at Davis and her supporters:

"Gosh, children are sooo inconvenient, huh? I’m glad my mother didn’t put motherhood on the shelf when she was elected to City Council, then became our mayor, then governor. I know you would rather think about Wendy Davis, so let’s get back to her. She’s more your type of woman. She left her kid, husband, made it into a false ‘made-for-tv-movie-type tale’ and then demanded that Texans have the right to kill babies. That’s the woman you libs can really get behind!"

Now here's where I remind you that this is Bristol Palin we're talking about.

Teen mom, shitty cable star, grifter-in-training Bristol Palin. This is the person with the colossal chutzpah to knock Wendy Davis about her life choices, which do happen to include working her way through law school by waitressing four nights a week while simultaneously taking care of two kids (as opposed to simply saying, "Fuck that, y'all!" and going on a reality TV show to make a living). The daughter of Sarah Palin is holding both herself and the hillbilly who gave birth to her up as models of motherhood.

What bothers me most about this from a personal standpoint, though, is the fact that Wendy Davis was put in a position where she had to respond to Palin's comments at all.

When Jorge Ramos, an eight-time Emmy-winning 55-year-old TV journalist with decades of experience, opened his mouth and actually spoke the words, "I want to read a tweet by Bristol Palin," my heart sank and my jaw hit the floor. Bristol Palin is not somebody whose opinions should be given any weight whatsoever by anyone, much less be elevated to the kind of credibility that would require a response from a gubernatorial candidate. Bristol Palin is the underachieving daughter of America's most cancerous professional troll -- nothing more. It takes a staggering amount of uselessness to not even rise to the level of Sarah Palin's "success," but Bristol has proven time and time again that she's got it in spades.

Ask Wendy Davis about the Dallas Morning News story. Ask her to clarify her history. Ask her to be specific about her plans for Texas if elected governor. Just do not ask her to comment on anything said by Bristol fucking Palin.