Kentucky Legislator Accidentally Fires Handgun Inside State Capitol

You just don't say this after your firearm discharges inside the state capitol.
You just don't say this after your firearm discharges inside the state capitol.
gunfail

This made me do a real-life cartoony spit-take:

"I am a gun owner. It happens." --Kentucky State Rep. Leslie Combs (D)

This was Combs' reaction after she accidentally fired her handgun -- inside the Kentucky state capitol building. The lawmaker and gun enthusiast was unloading her firearm when a round inside the chamber was discharged, then ricocheted off the floor and into a bookshelf.

Worse yet, the incident occurred just before the annual state-of-the-state address by Gov. Steve Beshear (D).

Yep. Gun fails aren't exclusive to Republicans. This is what happens when firearms are carried around like toys by paranoiacs and megalomaniacs who think they're either about to be mugged or about to take down a criminal. Seriously, can we at least have better background checks and, perhaps, mandatory training not unlike law enforcement training?

"Oops! It happens," just doesn't cut it when that bookshelf is too often a human being.