Only in Oklahoma: Man Dies From Atomic Wedgie

Oklahoma, the state that brought the world Chuck Norris and Dr Phil, is now home to the first ever death by Atomic Wedgie.
Oklahoma, the state that brought the world Chuck Norris and Dr Phil, is now home to the first ever death by Atomic Wedgie.
wedgie

Oklahoma, the state that brought the world Chuck Norris and Dr Phil, is now home to the first ever death by Atomic Wedgie. From NewsOK:

Law officers have arrested a McLoud man in the death of another man who was suffocated with his own underwear and struck in the head.
Brad Davis, 33, was jailed Tuesday night, Pottawatomie County Sheriff Mike Booth told a local TV reporter. Davis reportedly told investigators he gave his stepfather, Denver Lee St. Clair, 58, an “atomic wedgie.”

St. Clair died on the evening of Dec. 21, said Amy Elliott, Oklahoma state medical examiner's spokeswoman. The cause of death has been determined to be from blunt force trauma to the head and asphyxiation.

According to the report, Pottawatomie County Sheriff Mike Booth stated that, “I'd never seen this before, but when we first looked at our victim seeing the waistband of his underwear was around his neck.”

St. Clair was apparently found dead at the scene, and the incident has been ruled a homicide.