Ted Nugent: Obama is a 'Subhuman Mongrel' and a 'Chimpanzee'

It's fascinatingly serendipitous whenever I write something like my column today and then, minutes later, someone like Ted Nugent comes along and illustrates exactly what I was talking about.
It's fascinatingly serendipitous whenever I write something like my column today and then, minutes later, someone like Ted Nugent comes along and illustrates exactly what I was talking about.
Ted-Nugent

It's fascinatingly serendipitous whenever I write something like my column today and then, minutes later, someone like Ted Nugent comes along and illustrates exactly what I was talking about.

My column today was all about how, yes, the president was absolutely correct when he said to The New Yorker that there are certain white Americans who dislike him simply because he's African-American.

Again, I thought it was pretty obvious. That's not to say everyone who's critical of President Obama is racist, but a solid chunk of criticism comes from the fact that an African-American president doesn't sit well with certain semi-fossilized bigots.

Semi-fossilized bigots like serial race-baiter Ted Nugent who said today:

I have obviously failed to galvanize and prod, if not shame enough Americans to be ever vigilant not to let a Chicago communist raised communist educated communist nurtured subhuman mongrel like the ACORN community organizer gangster Barack Hussein Obama to weasel his way into the top office of authority in the United States of America. I am heartbroken but I am not giving up. I think America will be America again when Barack Obama, [Attorney General] Eric Holder, Hillary Clinton, [Sen.] Dick Durbin, [former New York City Mayor] Michael Bloomberg and all of the liberal Democrats are in jail facing the just due punishment that their treasonous acts are clearly apparent.

So a lot of people would call that inflammatory speech. Well I would call it inflammatory speech when it's your job to protect Americans and you look into the television camera and say what difference does it make that I failed in my job to provide security and we have four dead Americans. What difference does that make? Not to a chimpanzee or Hillary Clinton, I guess it doesn't matter.

So the president is "subhuman," a "mongrel" (a mixed-breed dog) and a "chimpanzee." Oh, and a "gangster" -- don't overlook that not-so-coded language either.

But wow. Chimpanzee. Short of going full "nigger," it doesn't get any more obvious than that.

Yeah, I know it's Ted Nugent. But unfortunately he has a decent-sized audience and therefore some influence in the discourse. Nevertheless, he's a perfect illustration of what the president said to The New Yorker. Even if he's putting this on for show (I don't think he is), he's absolutely pandering to the demographic the president talked about. You don't use words like "mongrel," "subhuman" and "chimpanzee" in the context of an African-American anybody without aiming for a very specific, very ugly target.

Ah, silly me. Here I go again, playing the race card when we should just shut up and let crap like this happen with impunity.