Listening Post

Cesca and I probably spent a good ten minutes on the podcast yesterday enthusing about HBO's True Detective and I'm going to do it here for a few seconds as well. Bottom line: If you're not watching the show, you're legitimately missing out on one of the best television experiences of the last decade. When Breaking Bad folded I really did think its near-perfection as a satisfying show would, for me, tarnish everything that came in its wake for quite a while. It's tough to hold up any TV drama to a show like Breaking Bad, even unconsciously, simply because Breaking Bad was such a damn masterpiece.But True Detective goes beyond the realm of great television into something much more artistically minded. You don't just watch it, you feel it in your bones; it's a layered, beautifully acted, utterly menacing, pitch black piece of American gothic, and each hour is mesmerizing from start to finish. We're only a few episodes in so it's easy to catch up if you need to but, trust me, you need to.Here's the opening credits music that sets the tone for the entire show.It's the Handsome Family's Far From Any Road.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
[...]
Thumbnail for 62561
/Screen+Shot+2014-01-31+at+8.59.45+AM.png