John Boehner's Reaction to the West Virginia Chemical Spill Will Piss You Off

It's almost as if 7,500 gallons of 4-methylcyclohexane methanol didn't leak out of a Freedom Industries' shoddy chemical tank into the drinking water, impacting 300,000 people. Instead, he's playing political grabass with this obvious public health and environmental hazard.
It's almost as if 7,500 gallons of 4-methylcyclohexane methanol didn't leak out of a Freedom Industries' shoddy chemical tank into the drinking water, impacting 300,000 people. Instead, he's playing political grabass with this obvious public health and environmental hazard.
John Boehner

Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) reacted to the disaster in West Virginia in a way that makes calling him "tone deaf" appear tone deaf. Via JM Ashby:

“We have enough regulations on the books. What the administration ought to be doing is their jobs.”

It's almost as if 7,500 gallons of 4-methylcyclohexane methanol didn't leak out of a Freedom Industries' shoddy chemical tank into the drinking water, impacting 300,000 people. Instead, he's playing political grabass with this obvious public health and environmental disaster.

How about this, Mr. Speaker. Why don't you get your chamber to work on ways to close regulatory loopholes allowing major polluters to get away with murder, while spending more money on clean energy so we don't have to produce as many chemicals for the coal mining industry?

While you're at it, why not appropriate enough money to seriously prosecute this company and many others for negligence and endangering public welfare, while also mandating that Freedom Industries fully compensate the inevitable soon-to-be cancer cluster victims.

That might be a nice touch.

But I assume he'll just carry on with the tired old "Thanks, Obama!" meme.