Jim Norton Is Eviscerating Nancy Grace on Twitter

Any contempt shown for Nancy Grace only matters if it can join with that of others who are likewise disgusted by Grace's ongoing haunting of the cable news landscape. Which is why it's been enjoyable to watch outspoken comedian Jim Norton have at Grace over the past half-hour on Twitter.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
Any contempt shown for Nancy Grace only matters if it can join with that of others who are likewise disgusted by Grace's ongoing haunting of the cable news landscape. Which is why it's been enjoyable to watch outspoken comedian Jim Norton have at Grace over the past half-hour on Twitter.
Screen Shot 2014-01-21 at 5.44.45 PM

Nancy Grace is the most despicable presence in cable news. Period. She's an opportunistic, unscrupulous monster who peddles morbid prurience like a five-dollar streetwalker and whose brand of rank solipsism is matched only by her near-sociopathic disregard for the lives she's ruined and exploited and by her apparent contempt for the tenets of responsible journalism (to say nothing of basic human decency). CNN should have fired her ages ago and why it hasn't is a mystery -- ratings aside, her antics have always been a threat to the legitimacy of the brand -- or simply proof that there truly is no sense of morality left in modern TV journalism.

But this opinion only matters if it can join with those of others who are likewise disgusted by Nancy Grace's ongoing haunting of the cable news landscape. Which is why it's been enjoyable to watch outspoken comedian Jim Norton have at Grace over the past half-hour on Twitter.

Here's what his feed looks like right now:

Screen Shot 2014-01-21 at 5.18.07 PM

Screen Shot 2014-01-21 at 5.26.41 PM

Screen Shot 2014-01-21 at 5.22.51 PM

Now, is it a low blow to go after someone's looks when that person has provided us with so much more abhorrent material on which to call her out? Sure. But when it comes to Nancy Grace, it's easy to be forgiving of any kind of attack on her.

On a personal note, for a time while at CNN in New York City, my desk was located near Grace's show team and I used to run into her in the elevator quite a bit. On more than one occasion, while making small talk, she addressed me as "cutie." This thought still sends a swift chill up my spine.