WATCH: Robert Downey Jr. Crushes The Police's "Driven To Tears". Did You Know He Could Sing Too?

Iron Man himself knocks a cover of "Drive To Tears" out of the park as part of Sting's 60th birthday celebration.
Iron Man himself knocks a cover of "Drive To Tears" out of the park as part of Sting's 60th birthday celebration.
o-ROBERT-DOWNEY-JR-facebook

As I was researching actually important news topics this morning, my old roommate sent me an email with the subject line "Robert Downey, Jr. Croons Incredible Police Cover."

"Go on..." I thought.

Well it turns out Sting, famous for being both kind of a prick and the bassist for The Police, had a pretty amazing 60th birthday party. Back in 2011, he had guests like Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Lady Gaga, Stevie Wonder, and Herbie Hancock join him on stage for a sold out show at the Beacon Theater in New York City.

Some footage from that show has now hit the web, including a video of Robert Downey Jr. realizing his inner Karaoke Legend dreams with a "Holy Crap I Didn't Know RDJ Could Sing Like That" level performance of The Police's "Driven To Tears". Check out the video and let's hope Tony Stark gets a musical number in the next Avengers film now: