Westboro Baptist Church Planning On Sending 'Our Smallest Children' to Frontline of Nelson Mandela Funeral Protest

Westboro Baptist Church revealed their strategy to The Daily Banter for going to South Africa and picketing the funeral of the nation's most beloved son. Needless to say, it wasn't pleasant.
Westboro Baptist Church revealed their strategy to The Daily Banter for going to South Africa and picketing the funeral of the nation's most beloved son. Needless to say, it wasn't pleasant.
westboro

As much of the internet is now aware - the Westboro Baptist Church is planning on picketing Nelson Mandela's funeral in South Africa in the coming days.

If there's one thing the church wants, it's for people to engage with them, so they're lapping up the attention and tweeting away like the crazy people they are. We looped them in on Twitter in regards to our story about them yesterday, and low and behold, they started tweeting back at us. During one of the exchanges, Shirley Phelps (daughter of founder Fred Phelps) revealed their strategy for going to South Africa and picketing the funeral of the nation's most beloved son. Needless to say, it wasn't pleasant. Here's what she tweeted at us:

Screen Shot 2013-12-09 at 11.57.31 AM

As we noted in our piece yesterday, the Phelps family is on a literal suicide mission should they actually go to South Africa. Sadly, it looks as if they're also willing to sacrifice their own children to make a point about gay people having sex.