THE MORNING BANTER: Meta Buzzfeed, Hall of Fame Nirvana, Harvard Bomb Threats, and Lego Nerds

Happy “OK, I really, really should order those Christmas presents so I don’t get killed on shipping” Day! Here’s what’s happening on the interweb:
Happy “OK, I really, really should order those Christmas presents so I don’t get killed on shipping” Day! Here’s what’s happening on the interweb:
ferrisbueller

Happy “OK, I really, really should order those Christmas presents so I don’t get killed on shipping” Day! Here’s what’s happening on the interweb:

1. How The Media Will Report The Apocalypse

Award-winning new site Buzzfeed went all meta and mocked how the media would report a 2014 apocalypse, poking fun at various outlets’ stereotypes and quirks. They did however forget to mention that they themselves are ruining journalism one cat gif at a time.

2. Nirvana, Kiss, E Street Lead Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 2014 Class

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has officially announced next year's inductees: Nirvana, Kiss, Peter Gabriel, Hall and Oates, Cat Stevens and Linda Ronstadt will all join the class of 2014. Apparently this award still means something to some people, so congrats to inductees. And to those that didn’t make it, oh well. Whatever. Nevermind.

3. Harvard Student Charged in Exam Week Bomb Hoax

On Monday, Harvard got a scare when campus officials received an anonymous bomb threat. The university, understandably, took the situation seriously locking down the campus and cancelling what was scheduled to be a day full of exams in the affected areas. A six-hour search of the campus on Monday, however, resulted in zero bombs. On Tuesday, 20-year-old undergraduate Eldo Kim was charged with the bomb hoax. Kim said he was “motivated by a desire to avoid a final exam scheduled to be held on [Monday].”

Has this kid not seen Ferris Bueller’s Day Off? Just go with clammy hands. It's a good non-specific symptom; I'm a big believer in it

4. Lego Rivendell Is 'LOTR' Fantasy Land Made From 200K Bricks

Seventy-six years after J.R.R. Tolkien first began to imagine the Elven outpost of Rivendell for The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Lego enthusiasts Alice Finch and David Frank decided to build their own version using only toy bricks as their medium. The duo used 200,000 tiny bricks to create a spectacular model of Rivendell, scaled down to fit a kingdom of Elven minifigures. Unfortunately, minutes after completion, David Frank’s older brother Biff came down into the basement and smashed it whilst calling the two nerds repeatedly.