THE MORNING BANTER: Budget Deals, CNN Screwups, Dirty Water, and Love More Actually

It’s Wednesday. It is what you make of it. Here’s what’s happening on the interweb:
It’s Wednesday. It is what you make of it. Here’s what’s happening on the interweb:
Screen Shot 2013-12-11 at 2.32.57 AM

It’s Wednesday. It is what you make of it. Here’s what’s happening on the interweb:

1. Budget Deal Announced By Patty Murray, Paul Ryan

On Tuesday, lawmakers from the House and the Senate took to the microphones to announce that they had reached a budget deal. The deal, which was negotiated over the past few weeks by House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Senate Budget Committee Chairwoman Patty Murray (D-Wash.), would set spending for the next fiscal year at $1.012 trillion and increase it to $1.014 trillion the year after that. When Obama heard the news, he took a deep breath, refrained himself from rolling his eyes, and through gritted teeth thanked those that helped see this deal to fruition.

2. CNN Airs Prerecorded, Mistake-Filled Interview About Air Force One

Mid-way through a taped interview, anchor Brooke Baldwin interrupted Jake Tapper – "Hang on, hang on, Tapper"— and restarted the entire segment. Somehow, the botched—and, again, entirely prerecorded—segment made it onto the air last night. Are they even trying anymore? Do we even care?

3. Olympic Sailors Disgusted By Rio’s Foul Waters

Olympic sailors on Saturday checked out the venue for the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro. Many didn’t like what they saw. “I’ve been sailing all over the world for 20 years now, and this is the most polluted place I’ve ever been,” said Allan Norregaard, a Danish bronze medalist in the 2012 London Olympics.  A representative for the city replied, “If you think that’s dirty, you should see our hookers!”

4. [WATCH] Love Actually 2 Trailer

A parody trailer for Love Actually 2 was just put online and it reminds us that those actors, actually, peaked during that movie (no disrespect to those choosing to dedicate their lives to teaching at Hogwarts).